why all new maps has same features?

Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Re: why all new maps has same features?

Post by Atomiswave »

Garja wrote:Well that's the case already, except for 2 maps, one of which is meant to be that way. The other one was more about a coincidence, admittedly.

You are probably referring to Tibet? If that's the case, 6 tp's is really pushing it too far, it should be reworked.

As for High Plains, we can live with original five I guess, but majority would prefer 4.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

2x3 TPs isn't the same as 6 TPs. You only get stage-coach on one of those lines, unless you upgrade both routes.

Getting a lot of TPs without getting stagecoach is arguably a waste.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

No I meant Klondike, Tibet does also have lot of TPs but ye they are split in 2 and the map works better with those TPs I think.
Image Image Image
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Garja wrote:No I meant Klondike, Tibet does also have lot of TPs but ye they are split in 2 and the map works better with those TPs I think.

Completely forgot about Klondike. It's my least favorite map from new pack, probably because It has uneven gold distribution. I know "majority of gold in the middle" is meant to be a feature of the map, but i prefer your rule of two safe mines near each player tc spawn point. Also, something seems wrong with Klondike treasures. Either there are not enough treasures, or treasure guardians are too weak.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Treasures are all level 1
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Goodspeed wrote:I'm not a fan of the abundance of long TP routes on the new maps either, it makes our job balancing a lot harder.
As for stagecoach I don't think it's a problem, it only becomes worth it in the midgame+. Speaking of exciting changes, instead let's remove stagecoach and make the resource income available from the start, but lower than it currently is. :D

I actually wouldn't dislike this much I think. Well it'd still be kinda lame (I mean, you're really just giving everyone an equivalent to shrines/manors/banks) but hey it does remove the current imbalanced stagecoach from the game :D

Btw, something about RE maps: Great plains was the map to play before ESOC maps were made, like 50%+ of the 1v1 games were on that map. With regards to stagecoach builds, GP is almost equivalent to a 1 TP map. This is probably the reason that stagecoach builds have truly become a thing after ESOC maps were released.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Garja wrote:Treasures are all level 1

I remember quite a few 1v1 matches on Klondike where we managed to pick up almost every single treasure with euro explorers by 3 min mark. That seemed weird, it never happened to me in previous esoc map packs.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

It is like cascade range
Image Image Image
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Garja wrote:Treasures are all level 1

oh cool, i really like that idea, glad to see that feature being used more
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.