Revolution Buff

United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Revolution Buff

Post by Papist »

I discovered yesterday that if you revolt, you no longer have the trade monopoly option enabled. I think this should be changed, because otherwise you are essentially guaranteeing the other player will win by hiding shit all over the map.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
France iNcog
Ninja

Re: Revolution Buff

Post by iNcog »

I think I said it somewhere else in another thread.

Revolution is a "I want to go down in style" button. It's an auto-loss to revolt.

STOP INVESTING IN ECONOMY
MAKE ALL UNITS
GET 5 CULVERINS
WAIT 5 MINUTES
ACQUIRE FREE ELO
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I like revolting with a full eco in team...... However this has often gotten me many flames from my team mates, specifically @bobabu
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Papist wrote:I discovered yesterday that if you revolt, you no longer have the trade monopoly option enabled. I think this should be changed, because otherwise you are essentially guaranteeing the other player will win by hiding shit all over the map.

if you hide stuff you don't exactly win though
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

iNcog wrote:I think I said it somewhere else in another thread.

Revolution is a "I want to go down in style" button. It's an auto-loss to revolt.

STOP INVESTING IN ECONOMY
MAKE ALL UNITS
GET 5 CULVERINS
WAIT 5 MINUTES
ACQUIRE FREE ELO

I replied in another thread, too. It's easier said than done, in many cases you just can't hold the push when your opponent gets around 50 colonial militia units and revolt bonus units (like imperial huss or tupis). You get overwhelmed, unless you have like 4 barracks and stable by that time and a lot of unspent resources in the bank, which happens pretty rarely I would assume :)
Germany tilanus
Retired Contributor

Post by tilanus »

Revolution is actually a viable option that only doesn't get used very often, because most players have never developed a feeling for when revolting is a good idea.

But how could they when most matches don't even pass Age 3, right? ^^ That's the issue with pro gamers. They only get to use and see a small part of the whole game while ordinary players aren't good enough to see the admittedly rare opportunity of revolting as a chance. I'll buff revolutions in NE btw and make also new ones.

Is it btw true that only one player can revolt in a game?
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Adding item #5939 to the to-fix bucketlist.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I'm pretty sure that both players can do that.
EDIT: I checked and indeed only one player can revolt in a game, ofc I was wrong, @yemshi , sorry :D
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

you are pretty wrong then
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

you can ship forts place them all over map and move explorer :D or change tp to gold and make spies from church, church and stage coach are 2 important things u should do b4 rev :D
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
No Flag Zhanson10
Dragoon
Donator 01

Post by Zhanson10 »

Lol who thinks revolt is an auto loss? It's not. I don't think I've ever lost a team game in which I revolted. And I went from pr 15 to pr 20 just from fast revolts.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

OK here is what you should do when you revolt: Colonial militia should still be able to gather resources. Just at a lesser rate.
Garja wrote:
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

The only thing I see wrong with revolting is that you can't build any buildings after doing it. Some mods have a feature which allows revolting players to have a couple of vills.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

tilanus wrote:Revolution is actually a viable option that only doesn't get used very often, because most players have never developed a feeling for when revolting is a good idea.

But how could they when most matches don't even pass Age 3, right? ^^ That's the issue with pro gamers. They only get to use and see a small part of the whole game while ordinary players aren't good enough to see the admittedly rare opportunity of revolting as a chance. I'll buff revolutions in NE btw and make also new ones.

Looks like someone here failed to admire 36drew.

I also think many people are very aware of the potency of otto and spain fast revolts.

I know only one team can revolt at the very least (which is a think in nr10 otto vs otto games lol) but Im not sure if it is one player.

About trade monopoly: yes it is incredibly gay that you can hide spies on the map and with sufficient effort prolong the game for maybe even an hour against a revolt. Opening up trade monopoly probably wouldnt work since you need resources for that which you probably dont have :p
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Guys, guys, guys. We are getting off track from the real balance issues of the game.

#removescoutsnare2016
United States of America saveyourskill
Skirmisher

Post by saveyourskill »

+1 #removenativescoutsnare2016
Got Badger Milk?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

revolt is <3
+2 #removenativescoutsnare2016
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

lmao i thought breeze made this thread, thinking he was gonna say otto should revolt at 6min on deccan not 7 xD
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

tbh revolt should be a 6 min strat for all civs to accurately balance gameplay

in fact

let's amend EP so that the only playable civ is otto, and the only map in the map set is Deccan
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

deleted_user wrote:Guys, guys, guys. We are getting off track from the real balance issues of the game.

#removescoutsnare2016

I think they're going to do it.
Garja wrote:
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

Jerom wrote:
tilanus wrote:Revolution is actually a viable option that only doesn't get used very often, because most players have never developed a feeling for when revolting is a good idea.

Looks like someone here failed to admire 36drew.

I also think many people are very aware of the potency of otto and spain fast revolts.

I know only one team can revolt at the very least (which is a think in nr10 otto vs otto games lol) but Im not sure if it is one player.

About trade monopoly: yes it is incredibly gay that you can hide spies on the map and with sufficient effort prolong the game for maybe even an hour against a revolt. Opening up trade monopoly probably wouldnt work since you need resources for that which you probably dont have :p

At the very least, it provides a way out. When I revolt as Otto, I usually gather 200 food and 400 wood so I can get stagecoach.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

I think if you catch your opponent behind in tech and investing too much in eco, a revolt can break them really easily. If you're Spain vs an age 2 Brit manor boom and you revolt with the 20 Huss, it's pretty much auto-win from there seeing as Brit was probably preparing lbow huss mass for your skirms and falcs.

Otto revolt is just ridiculous on RE if you go into the game expecting a rush, and sometimes you can't even beat it if you scout correctly. Damn spahi.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

forgrin wrote:I think if you catch your opponent behind in tech and investing too much in eco, a revolt can break them really easily. If you're Spain vs an age 2 Brit manor boom and you revolt with the 20 Huss, it's pretty much auto-win from there seeing as Brit was probably preparing lbow huss mass for your skirms and falcs.

I think that's a wrong assumption — seing that your Spanish opponent is in the Industrial Age, you can prepare better for that crucial push he's going to make. It's not like that that you are in the Fortress and a minute later you revolt, catching your opponent of guard.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

If you let spain/otto just revolt its going to be aefully hard to ever recover from it. 36drew even beats samwise's china with a fast revolt strat as spain. That stuff is kinda legit.