map issues

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: map issues

Post by Garja »

it always happened and hunt position on arkansas has been changed 10 times atleast.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Garja wrote:it always happened and hunt position on arkansas has been changed 10 times atleast.

No, I've played kamchatka tons of times for the ASC and I've never been mapscrewed on the old version.
Same with arkansas.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

you know better, of course
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Nah arkansas was a perfect map, ask anyone really. And now hunts don't spawn how they used to
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Garja wrote:you know better, of course

Yes.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Of course. Anyway new kamchatka is different from old kamchatka and can't be fixed. You get 2 hunts? Deal with it.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Then why don't we have the old kamchatka?
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Bring back the old cumshapka.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

So those maps are removed from tourney map pools ? Or we gotta deal with it in tourney as well ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Then why don't we have the old kamchatka?

Because old Kamchatka is for 1v1 only. In any case new Kamchatka is pretty much the same but it can happen that 1 TC hunt bugs.
Arkansas was never coded with a certain amount of hunts per player, except for the 2nd one.
Image Image Image
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Problematic maps should be removed from map pool until they get fixed, simple as that.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Garja wrote:

Because old Kamchatka is for 1v1 only. In any case new Kamchatka is pretty much the same but it can happen that 1 TC hunt bugs.
Arkansas was never coded with a certain amount of hunts per player, except for the 2nd one.

It happens often on new kamchatka tbh, as I said, like 20% of the time.

This means that the only «balanced» map atm is manchuria but the tp spawn also changes so it isn't really fair actually. (Pampa is a no tp map, on cascade you can have 0 hunts sometimes, same on Tibet etc).

This means that when you click in in tourney, you can't be sure that the strat you prepared will work, because of the different tp spawns and because you can miss one or two hunts.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

What happened to "play according to the map"?

You're not supposed to go for a tp semi ff every single game. That's not natural. I personally think we were spoiled by the previous map pools in ASC tournaments. 3 hunts with 2 in base mines should not be the standard.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:What happened to "play according to the map"?

You're not supposed to go for a tp semi ff every single game. That's not natural. I personally think we were spoiled by the previous map pools in ASC tournaments. 3 hunts with 2 in base mines should not be the standard.

If map gives unfair advantage to opponent then what? I know 0% map screws are impossible to attain, but it would be great if problem could be somewhat lessened.

I disagree, 2 safe mines and 2/3 hunts are good balance decision. It should stay that way, for the rest of the resources contest is needed.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Mr_Bramboy wrote:What happened to "play according to the map"?

Play according to the map is fair if the map is fair, if one has good hunts and the other misses 2 hunts it's just unfair, adaptation has nothing to do with this, you can't adapt to 0 food xD.

Also, if we want high level games, people need to prepare, and if they don't know how many tps they'll get or how many hunts, they won't invent new bos.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Btw, is it possible to add tp quantity in map description? I think it would be useful info for new players who are not familiar with new maps.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

There is no such thing as misses 2 hunts when the map is not supposed to give you X hunts. You can prepare anyway if you know that you can take 3 or 4 tps and that you have 2 or 4 hunts.
Image Image Image
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Garja wrote:

It happens often on new kamchatka tbh, as I said, like 20% of the time.

This means that the only «balanced» map atm is manchuria but the tp spawn also changes so it isn't really fair actually. (Pampa is a no tp map, on cascade you can have 0 hunts sometimes, same on Tibet etc).

This means that when you click in in tourney, you can't be sure that the strat you prepared will work, because of the different tp spawns and because you can miss one or two hunts.

Then don't play and we're all happy.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Garja wrote:There is no such thing as misses 2 hunts when the map is not supposed to give you X hunts. You can prepare anyway if you know that you can take 3 or 4 tps and that you have 2 or 4 hunts.

A map which gives 2-4 hunts to both players is fine (though it's not for me since I'd like to know how many hunts I'll get before picking my civ) but the main issue is that you can have 2 less hunts than your opponent, and it's a big imbalance.
Idk why you tell me to stop playing, I'm not flaming you, but that'd be really nice balance wise if you could fix it.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Because you don't seem to understand that
1) the amount of time put into tweaking each map is probably superior to the amount of time you spent playing on the same map. Hence I'm not going to spend a whole evening just to have hunts moved by 5 tiles and then realize something else changed in worse.
2) maps are going to be more random than in past since that's what makes them funny to be played in the long run.

Hence a map like Arkansas will not always give 3 extra hunts near each plsyer's TC but sometimes 2 and sometimes 4. Also hunts move, so unless you have map hack you can't compare the position of the hunts at start and the position when you start herding. My advice is just to don't give it for granted and start herding sooner. If you are sure it gave only a 2nd hunt you just rehost.

Also this is the last time I'm gonna spend time replying to this kind of comment. I already explained this 10 times in 10 different threads.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

I perfectly understand your 1st point, you've spent a lot of time to make these maps, I know that.
My problem is your 2nd point, arkansas and kamchatka were perfect but you changed it to add more randomness to the game.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

People are spoiled... This guy complained about the hunts playing vs me, while he actually had a first hunt, good second hunt and a third and fourth hunt in TC range, aswell as an accessible fifth hunt.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Jerom wrote:People are spoiled... This guy complained about the hunts playing vs me, while he actually had a first hunt, good second hunt and a third and fourth hunt in TC range, aswell as an accessible fifth hunt.

Who?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Jerom wrote:People are spoiled... This guy complained about the hunts playing vs me, while he actually had a first hunt, good second hunt and a third and fourth hunt in TC range, aswell as an accessible fifth hunt.

Who?

wololooooooo or whatever. All people are spoiled nowadays, some people even think RE maps are better XD
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Jerom wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Who?

wololooooooo or whatever. All people are spoiled nowadays, some people even think RE maps are better XD

People who say that don't think that seriously.
My point was that people are not spoiled, they just miss the old maps.
That's what I said, kamchatka and arkansas were perfect but they got changed and they aren't anymore.
It's not a negative attitude but it makes me sad to see that garja spent some hours to change his maps to allow mapscrews.