map issues

France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

map issues

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

I just played a 3v3 on cascade in team, and I got litteraly 0 hunts. Only the starting one which ran out at 5:30 and then I add to gather on berries because there wasn't even one in the middle of the map, It would be cool if garja could fix it.

An other issue I have, this time in 1v1, is on Hudson Bay, sometimes you can build 2TPs, most of the time 3, and sometimes 4. I don't like the fact that the number of TPs changes but the main issue is that when one player can get 4 TPs, the other can only get 2.
Garja said that he fixed that but I had this issue again yesterday.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Re: map issues

Post by deleted_user »

#fix the maps pls
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

@Rikikipu help Garja pls, he has no idea what he is doing
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

I would also like to report small issue, if we can call it that way. Bengal and Manchac are almost unplayable for Japan, because you can't build shrines on water where quite a few hunts are located.
United States of America Durokan
Retired Contributor
ESO: Durokan

Post by Durokan »

Atomiswave wrote:I would also like to report small issue, if we can call it that way. Bengal and Manchac are almost unplayable for Japan, because you can't build shrines on water where quite a few hunts are located.

If the water level is slightly lowered or the base land level slightly raised (maybe by like half a meter) then it will probably be possible to build shrines in the marsh. I can check later
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Durokan wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:I would also like to report small issue, if we can call it that way. Bengal and Manchac are almost unplayable for Japan, because you can't build shrines on water where quite a few hunts are located.

If the water level is slightly lowered or the base land level slightly raised (maybe by like half a meter) then it will probably be possible to build shrines in the marsh. I can check later

Thnx!
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Correct, Manchac is hard for japan, because of the Bayou swamp. Saying that the map is unplayable is maybe a bit too much, since there are only two hunts in the swamp, and hunts move, so this is hard to predict there real locations. That's why, as you can I've seen, I've tried to make the map not that bad for japan by adding 6 berries (6k food) instead of 5k food Cherry Orchard, so this bonus tries to balance the map for japan
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Rikikipu wrote:

Correct, Manchac is hard for japan, because of the Bayou swamp. Saying that the map is unplayable is maybe a bit too much, since there are only two hunts in the swamp, and hunts move, so this is hard to predict there real locations. That's why, as you can I've seen, I've tried to make the map not that bad for japan by adding 6 berries (6k food) instead of 5k food Cherry Orchard, so this bonus tries to balance the map for japan

Thanks for clarifying, i seem to have missed that. And what about Bengal?
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

KINGofOsmane wrote:@Rikikipu help Garja pls, he has no idea what he is doing

When can we expect the first mapset from you then? It is easy to criticize but hard to actually contribute something meaningful to the community.
mad cuz bad
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Btw, Arkansas also bugs sometimes, I played a game where I missed 2 hunts.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:Btw, Arkansas also bugs sometimes, I played a game where I missed 2 hunts.

I noticed same problem once....
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Don't worry guys, I'm hard at work on the soon-to-be end all, be all, one hit wonder map: Callen's Custom Scenario. This is six years in the making, my pride and joy. there will be no need for any other map after this.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

deleted_user wrote:Don't worry guys, I'm hard at work on the soon-to-be end all, be all, one hit wonder map: Callen's Custom Scenario. This is six years in the making, my pride and joy. there will be no need for any other map after this.
is it bad that this turns me on?
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

n0eL wrote:
KINGofOsmane wrote:@Rikikipu help Garja pls, he has no idea what he is doing

When can we expect the first mapset from you then? It is easy to criticize but hard to actually contribute something meaningful to the community.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Irony
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

I fail to see the irony there.
mad cuz bad
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Bengal is great fot japan, you can shrine on 90% of hunts despite the water
Image Image Image
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Garja wrote:Bengal is great fot japan, you can shrine on 90% of hunts despite the water

and no tps is rly good for japan
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

IMG_21042016_154738.png

Missing one plateau and some mines, it seems. Also, is it true that the number of starting mines per player is different for 1vs1 and team games?

Apart from Cascade Range and Klondike, we should also consider removing certain other maps with spawn issues from the Team Maps pool, at least until they are fixed.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Lol, what an horrible spawn. I think the missing cliff has just fuck up evreything. Mines are the same for 1v1 and team, 1 close mine and a second one a bit further. Thanks for the post, I gonna check this
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

That's strange. I could have sworn that both times I played 3vs3 on Colorado everyone had two starting mines.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

If these bugs are already fixed could we pls get updated map pack?
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Atomiswave wrote:If these bugs are already fixed could we pls get updated map pack?

Well, I got the feeling that we (map Team, balance team, and dev team) seem to be very slow at releasing new things and updating the patch, but the thing is that we would need the time of 3xmore people to do everything that have to be done. I hope we'll do it fast, but I can't tell when.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

It's my fault for not being more... persuasive in motivating @Buckethead .
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Rikikipu wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:If these bugs are already fixed could we pls get updated map pack?

Well, I got the feeling that we (map Team, balance team, and dev team) seem to be very slow at releasing new things and updating the patch, but the thing is that we would need the time of 3xmore people to do everything that have to be done. I hope we'll do it fast, but I can't tell when.

Ok, I understand take your time.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

The biggest problem is that the level of support ESOC is trying to do is approaching levels where the people working on the project quickly find themselves investing massive amounts of time. That time is time not spent enjoying AoE3 or doing other, more fun things.

I'd rather they slow down the pacing a little. Focus on making what we already have super good.

Issue with that is that often times, 50% of the effort in a project is spent on the last 10% of the work.

Community needs to be more understanding of the team and the team needs to reallocate the work-load (amongst themselves or others) so that everyone doesn't have to go for a second full-time job (which doesn't pay, but puts you in the way of constant criticism, lol). That's partly what happened to H2O, Musketeer925 and 91.

tl;dr fuck off you drips
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.