Will Dutch get fixed in the new EP update?

Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Re: Will Dutch get fixed in the new EP update?

Post by Mitoe »

Nilla Dutch has the same number of crates with an extra villager.

Also even aging with 15v it is 3.45 and you kinda need 16v to build banks out of 700w 600w without bank wagon.

I don't see how it would be any different than aging at 4:10 with 15v?

Also the problem with Dutch is not the fact that they don't have musk lol
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

You have the bank wagon on tad which is a big buff, on nilla there isn't.
Ofc it is the fact that they don't have musks. If they had musks in colo they would be easily one of the top civs, since they could just play colonial with great eco and ups on skirms.
Image Image Image
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

Garja wrote:You have the bank wagon on tad which is a big buff, on nilla there isn't.
Ofc it is the fact that they don't have musks. If they had musks in colo they would be easily one of the top civs.

Careful mytoe is site admin, he can ban you
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Just because they would be good with muskets (not even sure they would be) doesn't mean that's the problem with the civ. That's not the right way to look at it. Fact is, they don't have muskets, they've never had muskets, and they would not be the same civ with muskets. So the problem can't be that they don't have muskets.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

The problem is that they cannot be played in colonial for too long. And that's due to no musks.
And the other problem, perhaps less relevant, is that they get outscaled in late fortress because 50 vill cap and extra banks costing cards.
Image Image Image
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Post by hunter »

then dont , play them in fortress;/ there is no official rule which states that you have to play every civ in colonial
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

hunter wrote:then dont , play them in fortress;/ there is no official rule which states that you have to play every civ in colonial

Thing is they are supposed to lose in colo vs civs that have musks or anything that is better than pikes. But ye I'm for playing them in colo now that they have hunts and mines in tc range+shipments back to back due to bank xp.
Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

They are obviously not a colonial civ, but that's not the problem with them :/

Whatever, I give up.

I don't understand how everyone ended up being okay with making a big change to a civ like Portugal by making their villagers 20% cheaper (which turned out to be a great change), but are opposed to so many other solid changes for other civs that clearly need changing.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Just launched nilla and I had a 300g start as dutch. Then launched tad and had a 500g start. So you see... Just check if you don't believe me.
And the result of this is dutch having a 3:40 age up time with 15 vils (in fact yeah 3:35 doesn't work, it's 3:40). But again, I'm pretty sure this change would be good, because dutch would be 25 sec faster and would have +1 vil. This and xp from banks to 110 or 140.
Tbh on tad you can age up with 14 vils almost idlelessly (= 3:40 age up) as dutch most of time. With +1 vil / -100g you have even less idle time (if any) and you now have a 15 vils age up, which means you can get your first bank in time and with xp have your shipment ready when you hit colonial. It's a great change
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

Except that even an idleless 14v age up for Dutch actually kind of sucks, but yeah. Not sure about the Nilla thing, I don't see how you'd be aging faster when that vill barely compensates for the missing crate by the time you can age. Seems to me like people are just idling their TC.
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Lately I have been comparing banks to stagecoach and thinking that banks should be cheaper. Overall dutch has the problem of being too slow of a starter considering how poor their colonial / base defense options are.

Somehow they need to have a little more potential to make it to fortress but not much more because early fort they are strong. Maybe 150 food 150 wood on a 3 bank ff would be enough to let them squeeze out fortress a little more often.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

Indeed cheaper banks would be a good option
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

You can go 2 tp stagecoach as Dutch instead of first bank, and ye the 14v idleless (or even with idle) helps a lot in that case because you're building stable from 700w.
+1v -100g btw is -200g from your starting mine basically. Little drawback. And ye 3.40 is 14v on TAD so defo not the common option even on nilla (16 was the standard and some people were even going 17 lol).

Btw Port change was worst change the patch team made imo.
Image Image Image
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

So you're really that opposed to cheaper banks?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Mitoe wrote:So you're really that opposed to cheaper banks?

Imo we should really stop reading garja's opinion. I mean that's funny sometimes to learn that russia is tier 1 or that rams are fucking good but you can't take it seriously, he just wants to disagree with the commob sense...
Cheaper banks is a great idea imo.
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

I mean he's PR40 for a reason, and he consistently does well in tournaments. I don't agree with him all the time but it's not like we should ignore him :P
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Dutch should get 500c merc shipment for 6 or 7 stadholders in age 2. Why can Japan get Dutch musk but Dutch can't?
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

The problem with dutch is that they only have weaknesses and one sttength (early to mid fortress) that isnt even a strength but just okay and can almost completely be mediated by stagecoach.

This seems to indicate to me that they are too weak overall, and thats why mitoe's change of +1 vill -100c (kaiser is severely exeggarating the increased speed this gives, which wouldnt even be a bad thing anyways) or zoi's suggestion of +100w seem almost necessary to me.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Garja wrote:You can go 2 tp stagecoach as Dutch instead of first bank, and ye the 14v idleless (or even with idle) helps a lot in that case because you're building stable from 700w.
+1v -100g btw is -200g from your starting mine basically. Little drawback. And ye 3.40 is 14v on TAD so defo not the common option even on nilla (16 was the standard and some people were even going 17 lol).

Btw Port change was worst change the patch team made imo.

In terms of design, undeniably. In terms of effect, not at all.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I also like cheaper banks.

I also like the Port villager change, I think it makes a lot of sense. It just frees up resources to make units or age up quicker.

I think it's an excellent change. Surely if we all disagree with Garja the change can go through.

I think Garja is right more often than not, though.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I don't think Garja is saying that the change is bad in terms of its effect.

Is he?
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Jerom wrote:The problem with dutch is that they only have weaknesses and one sttength (early to mid fortress) that isnt even a strength but just okay and can almost completely be mediated by stagecoach.

This seems to indicate to me that they are too weak overall, and thats why mitoe's change of +1 vill -100c (kaiser is severely exeggarating the increased speed this gives, which wouldnt even be a bad thing anyways) or zoi's suggestion of +100w seem almost necessary to me.

Would it be too much to reduce bank cost to 325/325 along with these changes?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Atomiswave wrote:
Jerom wrote:The problem with dutch is that they only have weaknesses and one sttength (early to mid fortress) that isnt even a strength but just okay and can almost completely be mediated by stagecoach.

Would it be too much to reduce bank cost to 325/325 along with these changes?

The +1 vill change would be quite huge actually, so then its not needed to reduce bank cost I believe.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

I prefer bank cost reduction over the villager, personally speaking.
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Sigh (cit.) let's go with the bank cost change (without any nerf to compensate) and let's just shuffle the civs, putting the weakest ones on top, instead of considering a long term balance perspective.
Next tourney Dutch, Ports (and Spain according to the ATP supporters) will be the top civs, among with French and Germany which will still retain their power (to some lesser extent maybe). I guess we just want that afterall.

Port 80f change was obviously bad from design and then also bad balance wise.
+1v -100g to dutch is frankly not needed at all, but we can try and see if it changes anything.
Image Image Image