Are goons going to get nerfed?

No Flag IP Man
Skirmisher

Are goons going to get nerfed?

Post by IP Man »

Currently, they are just too strong and their 30% RR is just ridiculous.
So, their current stats are:
200 HP
30% RR
22 attack (3x vs cav)=66 attack vs cav

What i propose:

200 HP (their HP not to be touched)
nerf their RR to either 20% or 10% (ruyters have 10% RR)
nerf their attack to 16 or 17 attack and make their multiplier vs cav to be 4x (same as zambs).

I was also thinking about giving them 0.75x multiplier vs infantry, so people wil stop using them vs infantry (musks/skirms).
Yes, this is also a reasonable change because the same way you use huss to kill skirms and skirms have 0.75x vs huss, dragoons should have 0.75x vs infantry,because you use infantry to counter them.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Are goons going to get nerfed?

Post by Garja »

20% will be the change for next patch update. Their dps is already garbage for a 2 pop unit.
Image Image Image
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

There is already topic about this. Recommended change is -10% rr.
No Flag IP Man
Skirmisher

Post by IP Man »

Garja wrote:20% will be the change for next patch update. Their dps is already garbage for a 2 pop unit.

What do you think about lowering their base damage and increasing their multiplier vs cav?
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

No need. As I said their dps is already bad.
Image Image Image
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

20% is too much....
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

You're right. 20% is too much rr%. Let's give them a negative rr multiplier so that villagers can 2 shot a goon. Cdb's one shot though, gotta keep with civs' unique bonuses.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

You're right. 20% is too much rr%. Let's give them a negative rr multiplier so that villagers can 2 shot a goon. Cdb's one shot though, gotta keep with civs' unique bonuses.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

goon nerf in 1v1 might not be that huge. In team its very wanted I believe.
No Flag IP Man
Skirmisher

Post by IP Man »

deleted_user wrote:You're right. 20% is too much rr%. Let's give them a negative rr multiplier so that villagers can 2 shot a goon. Cdb's one shot though, gotta keep with civs' unique bonuses.

lol, currently they have 22x3=66 attack vs cav.
with the change they will have 17x4=68 attack vs cav.
so, whats the problem?
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

IP Man wrote:
deleted_user wrote:You're right. 20% is too much rr%. Let's give them a negative rr multiplier so that villagers can 2 shot a goon. Cdb's one shot though, gotta keep with civs' unique bonuses.

lol, currently they have 22x3=66 attack vs cav.
with the change they will have 17x4=68 attack vs cav.
so, whats the problem?

Their attack is fine, the problem is that they are too hard to kill.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

The answer is that it seems likely at this time. The problem I see is that they are not countered hard enough for their utility in general and speed in particular. The alternatives I see are the following:

– Decrease Dragoon ranged resistance from 30% to 20%.
– Change all ranged infantry's "cavalry" multiplier to a "heavy cavalry" multiplier, increasing its damage output against light cavalry by 1/3.
– Decrease Dragoon and Musket Rider speed from 7.25 to 7 or 6.75.
– "Ranged Cavalry Caracole" improvement range & line-of-sight effect removed. Attack effect increased from 10% to 20%.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

From %30 to %20 is radical nerf.. the goal should been minimal changes. (Maybe try %25 rr first?)
No suprise if we see thread GOONS ARE TOO WEAK.
After next update release.
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

Should have been a training speed increase. The problem has always been goons IN MASS, so just make them harder to mass.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

deleted_user wrote:From %30 to %20 is radical nerf.. the goal should been minimal changes. (Maybe try %25 rr first?)

5 changes nothing, with 10 they need one shot less to fall, which sounds small but in reality it could be game changer for some mus.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

– "Ranged Cavalry Caracole" improvement range & line-of-sight effect removed. Attack effect increased from 10% to 20%.

Its a very nice idea. 15% would be nicer as magic number of tad. XD
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Atomiswave wrote:
deleted_user wrote:From %30 to %20 is radical nerf.. the goal should been minimal changes. (Maybe try %25 rr first?)

5 changes nothing, with 10 they need one shot less to fall, which sounds small but in reality it could be game changer for some mus.

Making it %20 will effect to the balance directly. Same happened with iro.otto sioux nerfs. They were top tier but now they are worst civs. If u look at the fact. They werent nerfed more than %10 probably. But it changed civ meta.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Zambs have 3x multiplier. Only 4x with desert terror.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

deleted_user wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:

Making it %20 will effect to the balance directly. Same happened with iro.otto sioux nerfs. They were top tier but now they are worst civs. If u look at the fact. They werent nerfed more than %10 probably. But it changed civ meta.

In my opinion otto is more or less balanced, people don't play them too much on ep because they are not op anymore. Also, silk road opened some interesting options which are overlooked.

Some changes for Iro will be reverted and Sioux is tough one, I think they are worst of the bunch, and certainly deserve big buffs.

PS: If goon -10rr proves too much, i would certainly go with training time increasment instead.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Darwin_ wrote:Zambs have 3x multiplier. Only 4x with desert terror.

They have 3.5 with Desert Terror. Desert Terror is shit – especially for Zamburaks.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Implement this with 15% and no need rr nerf. Huh?
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

zoom wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Zambs have 3x multiplier. Only 4x with desert terror.

They have 3.5 with Desert Terror. Desert Terror is shit – especially for Zamburaks.

Actually, I thought it was 4? Lol. Dessert Terror buff pls.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Otto is still probably top3 or so on land TP maps. And with the old same build every game. I can only see them losing to the 7.40 semi FF civs. I guess new maps also make it more fair for civs like Brits, India, Spain and Aztecs.

Caracole must provide a range up because goon targeting frankly sux. They somehow have problems when they are tasked to attack move objects like cav that move (bit like cannons do as well). More los and range improves their unit tracking so it's a fine up.
20% RR is a tested change. Was the same on old FP and it worked fine. Also is objectively not drastic or too big, since 30% is quite a premium value.

Btw isn't desert terror x4.0 now, as opposed to old x4.5? In any case zambs are good. They have basically the same stats and cost of skirms but a different (and much bigger) multiplier.
Image Image Image
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Garja wrote:Otto is still probably top3 or so on land TP maps. And with the old same build every game. I can only see them losing to the 7.40 semi FF civs. I guess new maps also make it more fair for civs like Brits, India, Spain and Aztecs.

Caracole must provide a range up because goon targeting frankly sux. They somehow have problems when they are tasked to attack move objects like cav that move (bit like cannons do as well). More los and range improves their unit tracking so it's a fine up.
20% RR is a tested change. Was the same on old FP and it worked fine. Also is objectively not drastic or too big, since 30% is quite a premium value.

Btw isn't desert terror x4.0 now, as opposed to old x4.5? In any case zambs are good. They have basically the same stats and cost of skirms but a different (and much bigger) multiplier.

Sure otto are top 3, they only lose half their MUs after all, and they even beat sioux/iro, which are the 2 best civs in the game!

Edit: Actually they are top 4, because there is Russia before.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Garja wrote:Otto is still probably top3 or so on land TP maps. And with the old same build every game. I can only see them losing to the 7.40 semi FF civs. I guess new maps also make it more fair for civs like Brits, India, Spain and Aztecs.

Sure otto are top 3, they only lose half their MUs after all, and they even beat sioux/iro, which are the 2 best civs in the game!

Edit: Actually they are top 4, because there is Russia before.

russia2stronk