Food crates on esoc patch?

Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Food crates on esoc patch?

Post by Atomiswave »

Are 700/1000 food crates on esoc maps/patch viable, and with what civs? Ports don't have starvation problem anymore so crates are not needed, maybe Russia or Dutch?
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Re: Food crates on esoc patch?

Post by _NiceKING_ »

viable on maps with few animals :geek:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

they're viable in a few situations probably
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

_NiceKING_ wrote:viable on maps with few animals :geek:

Almost all esoc maps have enough hunts, so sending for example 1000f crate which counts for 2 bisons is a waste in my opinion. I ask because I want to know few situations where food crates would actually pay off.
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

Atomiswave wrote:1000f crate which counts for 2 bisons

According to britishmusketeer, there is a lot of decay, which means 2 bisons contain less than 1000 :food:
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

P i k i l i c wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:1000f crate which counts for 2 bisons

According to britishmusketeer, there is a lot of decay, which means 2 bisons contain less than 1000 :food:

You are right, but even 3 bisons wouldn't warrant for sending 1000f crate in my opinion. I always have more important things to send.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

They are definitely viable, but they are definitely less effective in general. IMO 700f should be 800f, 1000f 1200f and 1600f 1800f,
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Sioux uses 1k food to send dogs in late fortress when the map is starting to run out of resources.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

I have 700f in nearly all my decks now. I remember a time when it was considered noob but it's real great to get your spam on.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

it's a good card for ports
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

i have 700f in pretty much all my 1v1 and 2v2 decks, i have 1000f for dogs as sioux
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

I think if you buff the food crates you *might* get a situation where colonial timings are too strong, 800f worth of extra units coming into your base as you age up to fortress is gonna be an issue. Food crates are already good for fast colonial timings (see Port 36musk build).
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

I think it's not that 700f is which is too bad and needs to be [strike]nerfed[/strike] buffed, it's just 700 wood and in a less extent 700 gold that are too strong
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

I would say keep your decks the same. There should be a minimal difference, unless you are talking about playing ozarks on RE
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Also the food is easier to spend.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I think 700f sucks mainly because it is not as good as 700/600w and 700/600g. In most games you don't stay colonial long enough to send those 4 crates + vils + military shipments for timings. So I think it can be used for civs that ship a lot of stuff in colonial like russia otto, or for some specific timings like with brits or ports
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Rikikipu wrote:I think it's not that 700f is which is too bad and needs to be nerfed, it's just 700 wood and in a less extent 700 gold that are too strong

I'm sure you mean to say "buffed". Also, I then do think 700f needs to be buffed. As good as crates are, a fair amount of villsexx is lost on them.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

No, you don't lose vs when sending 700f compared to most military shipments, for example. But you lose vs compared to other crates, which is why he says we need to nerf them
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Kaiserklein wrote:No, you don't lose vs when sending 700f compared to most military shipments, for example. But you lose vs compared to other crates, which is why he says we need to nerf them

I never said anything about other shipments; I said you lose villsexx on crates, which you factually do.

Also, he clearly means "buffed". Try reading that sentence of his one more time.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Oh come on, try and read mine instead. He says wood and gold crates should be nerfed, or at least that they are too strong. That's obviously what I was referring to.

Zoom wrote:I then do think 700f needs to be buffed

So then we have to buff military shipments as well, since you lose even more VS ? Riki said gold and wood was too strong compared to food, but food is also not bad compared to military shipments, so why would you buff food ? Rather nerf wood and gold...
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Food crates are fine as is. No, they're not very effecient in terms of villager seconds, but like Diarouga said, it's a lot easier to spend food all at once than it is to spend wood or coin. Food crates are good for situations where you really need to produce a lot of stuff all at once, or make a big transition to food heavy units (hussar) in a short period of time.

Basically, food crates can sometimes give you a greater short-term advantage than other crates. This means they're more situational than wood or coin, which can better help you set up more long-term infrastructure, upgrades, etc. than short-term unit production.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Kaiserklein wrote:Oh come on, try and read mine instead. He says wood and gold crates should be nerfed, or at least that they are too strong. That's obviously what I was referring to.

Zoom wrote:I then do think 700f needs to be buffed

So then we have to buff military shipments as well, since you lose even more VS ? Riki said gold and wood was too strong compared to food, but food is also not bad compared to military shipments, so why would you buff food ? Rather nerf wood and gold...

You're right. My bad.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Mitoe wrote:Food crates are fine as is. No, they're not very effecient in terms of villager seconds, but like Diarouga said, it's a lot easier to spend food all at once than it is to spend wood or coin. Food crates are good for situations where you really need to produce a lot of stuff all at once, or make a big transition to food heavy units (hussar) in a short period of time.

Basically, food crates can sometimes give you a greater short-term advantage than other crates. This means they're more situational than wood or coin, which can better help you set up more long-term infrastructure, upgrades, etc. than short-term unit production.

I believe that this hits the head of the nail, right on the money.

It's a card which can be very useful in short-term situations; very much like military unit shipments.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Even if food crates were really too weak, there are about 130 cards per civ and only 30 or so of those are arguably viable. We cant change everything. Besides I think its a fun hidden layer that wood crates > gold crates > food crates, which btw also corresponds with the availability of said resources on the RE maps.
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

I honestly don't think 700w needs to be nerfed. The truth is even though 700w one of the strongest shipments it offers more strategic depth than any other card in the game because of how many different ways you can use it. Unlike other shipments like military units, 700c or vills, there are multiple ways you can use a shipment like 700w.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around