Team-game Balance

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Team-game Balance

Post by Garja »

Not in the middle of a 150 vs 150 units fight.
Image Image Image
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
zoom wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:1) What I would do instead is 5urmis=>4 urumis, which means 8 in 2v2, that's decent.
2) Do not nerf zamburaks, they are already bad, even with 2 upgrade shipments lol
3)Nice
4) Very nice one too
5) This shipment is already bad, why would you nerf it?
TEAM 4 Urumi would arguably be worse than the 7 Urumi shipment in 2v2. While it is possible that would still be decent, it's unacceptable to have TEAM shipments be no better than the normal ones – in team games!

How would 7 urumis be better? And I'm sorry but 15 urumis is just too much

The Zamburak is the best non-mercenary light cavalry unit in the game, in my opinion. How is it bad!? Regardless, the idea is that this change would slightly nerf Indians in games where they make only this particular unit. Without directly decreasing its strength against heavy cavalry. Additionally, I don't see this change having a relevant impact on one-versus-one balance, since the unit is much less prevalent there and would still fulfill its role perfectly well.

Eh? It loses to every units in the game, even melee cav if you don't hit and run lol. It gets rekt by musks, by goons, of course by skirms, and one could even argue that they lose to canons so what the point?
We nerfed the goons because they were too good against the musks and the skirms, you simply can not fight infantry with zams. I don't even make zams in 1v1, or just 5 to deal with raids, sepoys are better.
On top of that, india is trash tier in 1v1, so no way we nerf them.

The reason is that Bakufu, I understand, is broken in team-games, and irrelevant in one-versus-one.
It's not broken in team? But yea since it's irrelevant in 1v1, you can nerf it idc.
It would be better simply because 7 Urumi and one Villager for 500f is better than 8 Urumi for 650f. TEAM shipments are supposed to be too much. If we included a Villager with all INFINITE and TEAM shipments and decreased the shipment's cost from 650f to 500f I would be fine with decreasing it from five to four Urumi. I would also be fine with decreasing its cost to 350f and from five to four.

One cannot argue that Zamburaks lose to cannons (whichever you are referring to), because they outperform Dragoons against such units. The Zamburak also beats the Dragoon and is both faster and more population efficient. In the Colonial Age in especially, it is far better than a Dragoon would be. Thank Garja it loses to Musketeers, Skirmishers and heavy cavalry without micro. If that weren't the case I'd be fucking worried.

Despite what you are saying about it being mostly correct, whether and why we nerfed Dragoons is completely irrelevant to nerfing Indians in team-games. All the better that the Zamburak is less prevalent in one-versus-one. Also, how strong or how weak Indians is in one-versus-one is equally irrelevant to nerfing it in such a way that has no actual impact on its performance in that game-mode.

Lastly, I've no idea whether Bakufu is a balance issue in team, but I've been told so several times.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Garja wrote:Not in the middle of a 150 vs 150 units fight.

You probs won't have that many units fighting at that point, and either way even in such a big fight urumis will tank super hard, and people won't micro so they won't kite urumis properly andin the end they might just do a better job than in smaller fights lol
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

Lol zambs 10% range resist you lowbobs
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Is india too strong in 2v2 or also in 3v3? To me they appear to not be that exceptional in 3v3 to be honest. Pretty strong civ in 2v2 though but in 2v2 they play out a lot like in 1v1, which makes me wonder if there actually are proper ways to nerf them.