ESOC ESO's Home Page

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

ESOC ESO's Home Page

Post by pecelot »

Is it possible to edit the ESO home page to include there information about the ESOC Patch, like patch notes, recent community news etc.? I'm wondering because I saw once @Aizamk managed to edit it and showcased it during his stream. It would appear so much more appealing to newer players to have such a welcoming page in the game itself.
btw. that's the page I'm referring to, if anyone has any doubts:
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Re: ESOC ESO's Home Page

Post by yemshi »

Better question: Why is there a spelling mistake?
Netherlands MCJim
Retired Contributor
ESO: MCJim

Post by MCJim »

I think only the "guys at ESO" can change it. They have done it recently, but changed back to this one. It's probably only possible to change it for yourself, but not for everyone who goes online.
:food: My AoE3 YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/MCJimAgeofEmpiresIII
:wood: My AoE3 Twitch channel: https://www.twitch.tv/MCJim_

:coin: Age of Streaming YouTube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/AgeOfStreaming
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Meh, people playing on the patch almost surely follow eso-community.net anyway, so I don't see much value in this. It also creates a conflict with actual news posted officially (although those are quite rare, there were news posted about the server move quite recently for example).
MCJim wrote:I think only the "guys at ESO" can change it. They have done it recently, but changed back to this one. It's probably only possible to change it for yourself, but not for everyone who goes online.

Well, EP could change it I think, just for people having EP of course.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Brazil Buckethead
Retired Contributor

Post by Buckethead »

Yes, a long time ago but in the end nobody did it lol
I was thinking of adding cool stuff there, like esoc news andactive active topics (the page is reloaded we you change the tabs, then it would be something like real time :P)
We can change this in RE also.
Maybe i will do it sometime
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

EAGLEMUT wrote:Meh, people playing on the patch almost surely follow eso-community.net anyway, so I don't see much value in this. It also creates a conflict with actual news posted officially (although those are quite rare, there were news posted about the server move quite recently for example).

I wouldn't agree on this one. ESOC is a quite active page and it requires some time to keep track with everything being posted here. Even more pro players sometimes seem unaware of recent discussions or concerns. Additionally, if patch notes were added, it would be easier for newbies to familiarise themselves with the changes. Moreover, I don't expect anything worth mentioning from MS, honestly. The servers update was the last bigger news, apart from that I think it'll remain unchanged for quite some time. In case something really serious happens, like AoE4 release or idk ESO shutdown, firstly, it would certainly be mentioned on our custom page, and secondly, one would probably learn about that from other sources than ESO home page, which is usually skipped by most players.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

How easily can it be updated? Because if it's easy that surely is interesting. I initially thought you'd have to continuously download a new version of the patch every time or sth.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Sometimes, when you fart, it feels really nice !
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Jerom wrote:How easily can it be updated? Because if it's easy that surely is interesting. I initially thought you'd have to continuously download a new version of the patch every time or sth.

For a start, I'd say that a new home page coming with every EP update would be enough! But of course, more frequent changes would be neat :chinese:
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

It's entirely possible, I actually would think that it's a cool idea too!
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Kaiserklein wrote:Sometimes, when you fart, it feels really nice !

That's really interesting, sir! :ugeek:
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Buckethead wrote:Yes, a long time ago but in the end nobody did it lol
I was thinking of adding cool stuff there, like esoc news andactive active topics (the page is reloaded we you change the tabs, then it would be something like real time :P)
We can change this in RE also.
Maybe i will do it sometime

How
Image Image Image
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

pecelot wrote:
Jerom wrote:How easily can it be updated? Because if it's easy that surely is interesting. I initially thought you'd have to continuously download a new version of the patch every time or sth.

For a start, I'd say that a new home page coming with every EP update would be enough! But of course, more frequent changes would be neat :chinese:

So updated about once every decade :hmm:

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

I'd say for now patch notes, site address and some welcoming words are more than enough, and it could easily be achieved even when the home page was updated with every patch update.