What the Patch Notes for EP 1.3 should look like

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Re: What the Patch Notes for EP 1.3 should look like

Post by deleted_user0 »

Darwin_ wrote:Due to recent threads like this one: http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=80&t=7272, as well as reading through all of the various civ discussion threads, it is clear to anyone that most of the community is somewhat annoyed with some of the ep 1.2 changes. This thread is being made to a) clearly organize a lot of people's thoughts and b) serve as a jumping off point for detailed, constructive discussion about what to do with the EP.

General Changes
New Homecities automatically start at level 60
If this is impossible, than maybe the XP mod can be enabled in the start menu to compensate.
Cavalry Archer speed increased to 7.0, up from 6.75
Just a nice way to give a slight buff to a blatantly underpowered unit.

Aztec
5 coyote shipment buffed to 6 Unnecessary, they already have 3 other very good unit shipments and a BB.
10 macehaultins shipment nerfed to 9 Unnecessary. It's fine as is, 2x 9 mace is awkard anyway and people would still ship it over coyote so this pair of changes actually changes nothing which means you might as well not change it.
10 mace is a very strong shipment, and 5 coyote very weak.

British
No Changes
British are pretty much the poster child of well-balanced civs.

Chinese
Team 5 Manchu cost increased to 1200 coin I dont really care about 3v3 but seems liek a fine change. However, chinese definitely needs some tweaks, the old han needs to be buffed to what it is now
China has been dealt with very well on this patch, but team 5 manchu is just too strong in 3v3.

Dutch
4 Hussar shipment changed to 5 hussars
7 Ruyter shipment changed to 8 ruyters
One of Dutch's weaknesses is that they really have a good eco in age 3, but their military is lacking to say the least. These shipment buffs are purely logical, as before, these shipments were wildly inneficient.
Bank of Rotterdam changed to +15% gather rate. Bank of Amsterdam kept at +1 bank.
Having both bank cards be gathering is too good, especially in early fortress and team games, and having both be +1 bank is useless before the 20-30 minute mark. Mixing both types of cards, whilst nerfing the gather rate card is a logical next step. If these changes were to be considered, a possible revert to the bank cost buff might be in order, or a nerf to the gathering one to just 10%
Lordrapha already adequately responded to this, and the dutch ruyter shipments are fine, its worth about the same as 4 dragoons anyway

French
+100 food
Courer Des Bois train time increased by 1-2 seconds (unsure of the exact number but something small)
-100 starting food absolutly sucks, and takes one of the lowest skill gap civs, and turns it into an awkward, higher skill civ with fewer options. A training time nerf means that the 13 vill age up is less powerful, due to it being slowed down by around 10 seconds, bringing it inline with russian, spain, and sioux age ups, around 4:20-25. This does mean, however, that their 14v age up time is brought to more around the 4:50-55 mark, which it already can be with -100f.
Courer Des Bois hit points reduced to 170, from 180
Not really sure if this is neccessary in the current meta, but thought that I would throw out the idea just to see what people thought of it. -10 hp could also be -10%rr instead, depending on which one seems to be the most balanced.
Cuirassier now scales off of colonial stats. New colonial stats are: 25 hand/siege attack, 417 HP
This means that in imperial they have 834 HP, and 50 hand attack, so around 15% less than normal, and along with mass cavalry nerf, this means no more OP cuir spam in team games.
The remarks about +100 food idk much about, i havent tried the patch yet, but seems fine either way i think. The comment about cdb are just a big NO. They don;t need a nerf, neither RR or HP. People forget that you also have less cdb so to have idle cdb is much worse than to have idle vils, and therefor its totally fine for them to be more resistant to threats. If you wan't the CDB pushes to be less effective, there should be other ways to nerf that though I dont think its needed.

German
Uhlan +10 hp
Uhlan hand attack x.85 against cavalry multiplier added
-10 Hp really hurt germany in age 3 by making their skirms far more vaulnerable, but helped in making thier age 2 raiding less OP. These changes hope to not overly hurt their age 3, but to reign their age 2 back in.
8 skirmishers +3 uhlans shipment reduced to 8 skirmishers +2 uhlans
9 uhlan shipment reduced to +8 uhlans
logical next step if the uhlan change doesnt hurt age 3 compositions too much, if it does than these shipment nerfs could be reverted
All of these sounds like poor changes to me. -1 uhlan to age3 shipments is something that can be considered, but should apply to all shipments not just the 9 uhlan and 8 skirs.

Iroquois
Steel Traps Upgrade added
Iro is fine right now, but their eco is pretty shoddy. Honestly, Iro are in a very broken and a missaligned state, but no one really has any other ideas than this to change them.
bad change, or rather, a cheap change. There are so many better and more unique ways to balance them. 2 travois start for example is something that is much better than steeltraps imo

India
Sepoy HP reduced to 180
Sepoy Cost reduced to 80f 30c
This is to nerf their 12 sepoy rush slightly by making sepoy die in one fewer TC shot, but make sure that their late colonial isnt hurt. Sepoy really arent too OP, and I think this change would be totally fine and quite beneficial.
Zamburak x2.0 multiplier against artillery added in the colonial age, "disciplined Zamburaks" +2.0 multiplier against artillery removed.
Nice change that fits within the original design of India not being an age 3 civ. This allows india to kill cannons from an aggressive semi or straight ff, and by them time to age up.
Team 5 Urumi shipment cost increased to 1000 food
600 wood shipment replaced with 700 wood
Two nice small tweaks to help their eco a little bit, as well as helping keep them in check for team play. I think some other changes would have to be made to make sure that they werent too good in team games, as they already are very good.
Raphael cover this

Japan
Honored Ashigaru Uprgrade effect reduced from +30% hitpoints and attack to +20% hitpoints and attack
Honored Yumi Archer Upgrade effect reduced from +30% hitpoints and attack to +20% hitpoints and attack
Golden Pavilion ranged attack effect reduced from +15% to +10% attack bonus
Paper Cartridge Upgrade moved to the industrial Age
In general, Japanese units scale well, but yumi and ashi scale frankly too well. Hopefully these nerfs to their age 3 and 4 will help t reign them in, especially in team games.

Ottoman
Janissary Hitpoints redcued from 235 to 225
Janissary base ranged attack increased from 20 to 22
Otto has always lacked options, but has had some very good units. Jan/abus has and will continue to be a good combo, but with the abus nerf, otto's options are very limited. This would hopefully open up some doors to jan/huss combos, and make jans a little bit more balanced of a unit overall.
Bad changes, otto isn't op on EP and jans aren't even OP at range to begin with. The jan hitpoints thing was tested and it turned out to be too much so it has only recently been reverted. No point to change it back again.

Portuguese
Settler cost +10 food
Cassador +2 base ranged attack
Genitours card effect changed from +5 range to +4
These are all basic numerical changes to ports that dont effect gameplay a ton, but help to reign them in a little bit. Cass were definetly too weak, so they got a stats buff; Genitours was still a little too strong, so it got nerfed; Port mid-late game eco was too good, gets nerfed without changing early game too much. (hopefully)

Russia
5 cavalry archers shipment increased to 6
5 cossack shipment reduced to 4 cossacks
Two tweaks that help balance them out a little bit. The 5 cossack nerf is esspecially important for 2v2, were they are super OP because of strong early pressure, and an eco that can just run away at times if left unpressured. I hope that nerfing 5 cossack wouldnt change too much in 1v1, but something might have to be done to compensate.
Strelet Combat card effect reduced to +15% attack and hitpoints and +2 range added
Not sure if this is super necessary, but should help russia out in age 3 a bit, along with the slight CA buff.

Sioux
Wakina Rifle range increased from 18 to 19
4 villager card replaced by 5 villagers
Dog soldier range resist reduced to 10% (from 30%)
Wakina range just makes sure that their age 3 composition isnt too shity. War chief speed aura makes up for -1 range compared to skirms while kiting. 4 villager change is good because sioux eco is notoriously weak. The slight Dog Soldier nerf helps to keep the big button tech in check. Maybe a big button cost buff should be added to compensate.
Teepee hitpoint aura now effects villagers
(Maybe enable steel traps, but this buff would probably require testing to make sure it wouldnt be too good)
Wrong changes. Wakina don't need a range increase, they need a speed increase. Make them 4.5 or even 5 speed. This way, with proper play, the range disadvantage can be negated by the speed advantage. It also makes more sense with the rest of the sioux army, that isnt particularly advanced (big range, artillery etc), but that relies on speed to win.
Dog Soldiers could receive a RR nerf, but not to 10%, 20% would be fine and in line with the other heavy cavalry such as cuir.
4 to 5v won't change much, but i suppose it slightly buffs their eco. However I would rather give them an 8 wakina shipment. If needed at the expense of 4 axe in age3

Spanish
Rodelero base hand attack increased to 13 (from 10), and multiplier against cavalry reduced to 3.0 (down from 3.5)
+100 wood
5 lancers shipment reduced to 4, shipment is now infinite
Rod attack increase will help them out adapting to colonial pressure, making them a viable unit, as well as helping out in age 3 making them a little bit more useful. +100 wood might be too good according to some people, but honestly EP spain with a starting TP is about the same as Nilla spain with no TP. On nilla, spain is pretty good and balanced IMO. (maybe a little strong, but they are easy to adapt to).
Rods just need to be restored to the values they have on nilla, and then its fine. I'm not a fan of infinite 4 lancer shipment, though I suppose it frees up a slot in their full age3 rack, which I am a fan off. This slot could be used for an eco card in some cases. Which might slightly help. So could be a good change, worth testing atleast.
+100w is really bad. they can early tp every game and theyre already quite strong tbh. Also EP spain with tp >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> nilla spain without tp. its not even close.

Of course, I would love to hear feedback on these changes, and what you would do.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Germany
- some smart alternative for uhlan hp found. Something like vet upgrade from 20% to 15%.

Dutch
- bank limit back to 4 (from 5)

Ports
- villager cost to 85f (from 80)
- genitours give +4 range (from +5)

Japan
- pavillion scaling reduced. Yumis gained from pavillion from 6 to 7.

France
- cdb to 125f (from 120f)
- cuirs scale on colonial base stats
- cdb RR to 0.3 (from 0.4)

Sioux
- bow rider nerf reverted

India
- zambs gain artilerry multiplier in colonial

China
- old han to 70/35, 500f
- forbidden army training time reverted

Aztec
- cover mode explorer bug fixed or cover mode removed

Iro
- slight reduction in kanya wood cost
- steel traps added

Otto
- mosque techs reworked like on fp1.2
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

BR nerf doesnt need reverting. its a good nerf. the unit was way too op and now its just a good unit but no longer counter-breaking.
sioux probably needs only some minor tweaks. i think 8 wakina shipment would be good addition, and something nice and experimental could be that they receive 1 or 2 bison/deer with every shipment.

there are so many things you could do with sioux, but it seems like everyone in this game just lacks creativity...

same for iro, adding steeltraps is just so unnecessary... a reduction to kanya cost is possible, but i dont like it. iro is about infantry, sioux about cavalry. really iro would be totally fine being same as re with the exception of the starting crates. -100w + 1 travois would be interesting.

the zamb change is good. so is genitour change -1 range
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Jerom wrote:France
- cdb to 125f (from 120f)
- cuirs scale on colonial base stats
- cdb RR to 0.3 (from 0.4)

I'd assume then a 100f crate added?

Jerom wrote:Aztec
- cover mode explorer bug fixed or cover mode removed

IMO it should apply to Chinese heroes, too.

Jerom wrote:Iro
- steel traps added

To be strict, would you give this particular tech to all of the native civs?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:BR nerf doesnt need reverting. its a good nerf. the unit was way too op and now its just a good unit but no longer counter-breaking.
sioux probably needs only some minor tweaks. i think 8 wakina shipment would be good addition, and something nice and experimental could be that they receive 1 or 2 bison/deer with every shipment.

there are so many things you could do with sioux, but it seems like everyone in this game just lacks creativity...

same for iro, adding steeltraps is just so unnecessary... a reduction to kanya cost is possible, but i dont like it. iro is about infantry, sioux about cavalry. really iro would be totally fine being same as re with the exception of the starting crates. -100w + 1 travois would be interesting.

the zamb change is good. so is genitour change -1 range

-100w +1 travois is interesting yeah, I dont dislike it.

Im strongly against taking the OP things from civs and making them mediocre. Ive always had so much fun massing yumis, abus, bowriders, using my mams, getting 16 vills of banks at 6 minutes etc, being at 40 vills while my opponent has 20 etcetera.

Maybe bow riders in their original state were too good (but note that ep maps are a nerf to mass br strats) but they should at least feel slightly unfair, because sioux in itself feels unfair in how weak their eco seems to be so bow riders should compensate somewhat at least.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

i dont mind strong units, but its a strategy game and you should combine units. it gets boring and stupid if you can spam just 1 unit and win at any point in the game, this shouldnt happen.

hence late game cuir, BR, ashigaru or yumi should be nerfed. not into the ground, but just slightly, so they are still strong in a combo but not strong enough to be used alone and beat their counter.

anyway, with a few axes to tank, the BR are still as deadly as before. because its not really the high hp (its lower than cav archer hp) that made them so strong, but rather their DPS. that hasnt changed
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

What's issue with cover mode on Aztec explorer?
mad cuz bad
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

n0eL wrote:What's issue with cover mode on Aztec explorer?

A bug that can let it be in cover mode whilst doing normal damage and moving at a normal speed.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

britishmusketeer wrote:
n0eL wrote:What's issue with cover mode on Aztec explorer?

A bug that can let it be in cover mode whilst doing normal damage and moving at a normal speed.

im surprised this bug isnt known to everyone. It also affects the chinese monk. However ithink fixing this bug is impossible form what ive heard so the only way would be to remove cover mode for the explorers whihc isnt nice either.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Well, if That's not possible, removing snare on the explorers would be an option. But That's ugly too.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

An instantly reviving 2000 hp 6 speed explorer while in cover mode is uglier tbh.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

Must be something you have to abuse somehow? My cover mode China monk moves slow as he should.
mad cuz bad
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

happy this is not the patch :)
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Maybe it can solved by defaulting the explorer to a specific stance when it revives
Image Image Image
France P i k i l i c
Howdah
ESO: Pikilic
GameRanger ID: 7497456

Post by P i k i l i c »

umeu wrote:with a few axes to tank
axes really tank well ? I was believing that they were more like uhlans than like hussars
Consider not the one who speaks the truth, but the truth that is said

:hmm: AoE logic :hmm:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

n0eL wrote:Must be something you have to abuse somehow? My cover mode China monk moves slow as he should.

ye u let it die in covermode and then when you revive it through firepit, or ransom it back as china, or revive it when it regains enough HP it stays in covermode but it moves at normal speed. its a bug but apparantly without a fix that doesnt break something else.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

P i k i l i c wrote:
umeu wrote:with a few axes to tank
axes really tank well ? I was believing that they were more like uhlans than that hussars

they dont tank really well, but they tank well enough cuz of 30% RR and also the sioux WC tanks a shitload and if you have dogs soldiers suddenly you have a huge army of tanks and they all deal solid damage on top
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Garja wrote:Maybe it can solved by defaulting the explorer to a specific stance when it revives

That is not a bad idea at all, that must be codable somehow right?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

removing cover mode for melee explorers is probably the best change tbh, i like it
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

nah its not, garja's option is the best (besides just fixing it). removing cover mode is the easiest probably, but definitely not the best.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

umeu wrote:nah its not, garja's option is the best (besides just fixing it). removing cover mode is the easiest probably, but definitely not the best.

I recall that we wanted to fix this bug and the brains told us that its not possible, im quite sure that they considered garja idea and would have done it if possible. No harm in trying to do that but i kinda doubt it will work
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Considering the bug is not directly fixable, I ultimately think it is too gamebreaking to not consider removing cover mode, espevially from the aztec explorer.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Darwin_ wrote:
General Changes
New Homecities automatically start at level 60
If this is impossible, than maybe the XP mod can be enabled in the start menu to compensate.
Why not level 100 or even 131 ? But yeah I agree with the idea

Cavalry Archer speed increased to 7.0, up from 6.75
Just a nice way to give a slight buff to a blatantly underpowered unit.
CA are nowhere near underpowered. They're just underused because they're awkward to micro and only russia/otto have them and don't often need them. Either way, if you really want to buff them you don't buff their speed, it doesn't matter, you change their shooting animation.

Aztec
5 coyote shipment buffed to 6
10 macehaultins shipment nerfed to 9
10 mace is a very strong shipment, and 5 coyote very weak.
But the civ is fine, why would you want to change those shipments ? Germany has 5 uhlans which is a terrible shipment but we're not buffing it

British
No Changes
British are pretty much the poster child of well-balanced civs.

Chinese
Team 5 Manchu cost increased to 1200 coin
China has been dealt with very well on this patch, but team 5 manchu is just too strong in 3v3.
Ok for manchus. Otherwise, old han is overnerfed, we need to change that. And we need to get a real nerf to china's fortress because atm it's still too strong imo. Village fattening rate and cav training time nerfs barely matter right now.

Dutch
4 Hussar shipment changed to 5 hussars
7 Ruyter shipment changed to 8 ruyters
One of Dutch's weaknesses is that they really have a good eco in age 3, but their military is lacking to say the least. These shipment buffs are purely logical, as before, these shipments were wildly inneficient.
Bank of Rotterdam changed to +15% gather rate. Bank of Amsterdam kept at +1 bank.
Having both bank cards be gathering is too good, especially in early fortress and team games, and having both be +1 bank is useless before the 20-30 minute mark. Mixing both types of cards, whilst nerfing the gather rate card is a logical next step. If these changes were to be considered, a possible revert to the bank cost buff might be in order, or a nerf to the gathering one to just 10%
Dutch is already really strong atm now, and even more so in team. They really don't need those buffs, they actually need a nerf for team

French
+100 food
Courer Des Bois train time increased by 1-2 seconds (unsure of the exact number but something small)
-100 starting food absolutly sucks, and takes one of the lowest skill gap civs, and turns it into an awkward, higher skill civ with fewer options. A training time nerf means that the 13 vill age up is less powerful, due to it being slowed down by around 10 seconds, bringing it inline with russian, spain, and sioux age ups, around 4:20-25. This does mean, however, that their 14v age up time is brought to more around the 4:50-55 mark, which it already can be with -100f.
Courer Des Bois hit points reduced to 170, from 180
Not really sure if this is neccessary in the current meta, but thought that I would throw out the idea just to see what people thought of it. -10 hp could also be -10%rr instead, depending on which one seems to be the most balanced.
Cuirassier now scales off of colonial stats. New colonial stats are: 25 hand/siege attack, 417 HP
This means that in imperial they have 834 HP, and 50 hand attack, so around 15% less than normal, and along with mass cavalry nerf, this means no more OP cuir spam in team games.
I agree cuirs should scale from colonial stats. However the training time thing is a bad idea, it would mean an awkward age up time. I'd rather increase slightly cdb cost or something.

German
Uhlan +10 hp
Uhlan hand attack x.85 against cavalry multiplier added
-10 Hp really hurt germany in age 3 by making their skirms far more vaulnerable, but helped in making thier age 2 raiding less OP. These changes hope to not overly hurt their age 3, but to reign their age 2 back in.
8 skirmishers +3 uhlans shipment reduced to 8 skirmishers +2 uhlans
9 uhlan shipment reduced to +8 uhlans
logical next step if the uhlan change doesnt hurt age 3 compositions too much, if it does than these shipment nerfs could be reverted
Well, if you nerf uhlans vs cav then it's as bad as current change. Germany has shit anti cav and used to rely on uhlans instead, which is fine. If you get this multiplier, then again you can't rely on uhlans and you get a shit civ. We just need to nerf the amount of free uhlans we get. I like 8 skirms + 2 uhlans and 8 uhlans, I think we would also need 3 sw + 1 uhlan, 700w + 1 uhlan and 700g + 1 uhlan. That way, early on, germany only has 6 uhlans (which is only slightly better than 5 huss), and later on weaker military cards. We can remove more uhlans if needed. It also adds some strategical depth because you would have to choose between 8 skirms + 2 uhlans/7 skirms + 3 uhlans, 600w + 2 uhlans/700w + 1 uhlan, etc.

Iroquois
Steel Traps Upgrade added
Iro is fine right now, but their eco is pretty shoddy. Honestly, Iro are in a very broken and a missaligned state, but no one really has any other ideas than this to change them.
Would be nice to find another change, since all 3 nats civs don't have steel traps, but why not.

India
Sepoy HP reduced to 180
Sepoy Cost reduced to 80f 30c
This is to nerf their 12 sepoy rush slightly by making sepoy die in one fewer TC shot, but make sure that their late colonial isnt hurt. Sepoy really arent too OP, and I think this change would be totally fine and quite beneficial.
Zamburak x2.0 multiplier against artillery added in the colonial age, "disciplined Zamburaks" +2.0 multiplier against artillery removed.
Nice change that fits within the original design of India not being an age 3 civ. This allows india to kill cannons from an aggressive semi or straight ff, and by them time to age up.
Team 5 Urumi shipment cost increased to 1000 food
600 wood shipment replaced with 700 wood
Two nice small tweaks to help their eco a little bit, as well as helping keep them in check for team play. I think some other changes would have to be made to make sure that they werent too good in team games, as they already are very good.
I guess those changes are ok, I think we should keep same cost for sepoys though, since they aretoo strong atm.

Japan
Honored Ashigaru Uprgrade effect reduced from +30% hitpoints and attack to +20% hitpoints and attack
Honored Yumi Archer Upgrade effect reduced from +30% hitpoints and attack to +20% hitpoints and attack
Golden Pavilion ranged attack effect reduced from +15% to +10% attack bonus
Paper Cartridge Upgrade moved to the industrial Age
In general, Japanese units scale well, but yumi and ashi scale frankly too well. Hopefully these nerfs to their age 3 and 4 will help t reign them in, especially in team games.
That's just awkward tbh, why would you change veteran and guard upgrades while they are the same for all civs ? If anything, upgrades cards need to be nerfed. 15% instead of 20% attack for yumis in colo seems reasonable, maybe also nerf yumi attack from 19 to 18 or so, or give them a 1.25 multiplier vs HI instead of 1.5, like lbs and xbows. Also why would euro civs get AA upgrades in colo and japan in industrial lol ?
If japan feels to weak, we can also buff a bit ashi hand attack because atm it's just super crap.

Ottoman
Janissary Hitpoints redcued from 235 to 225
Janissary base ranged attack increased from 20 to 22
Otto has always lacked options, but has had some very good units. Jan/abus has and will continue to be a good combo, but with the abus nerf, otto's options are very limited. This would hopefully open up some doors to jan/huss combos, and make jans a little bit more balanced of a unit overall.
I don't really get the point of this change. I think ottos are more or less fine anyway, on TP maps. If anything we need to buff their booming options in some way, and give abus a proper nerf instead of this awkward ROF stuff. 30 attack or sth like that would probs be better.

Portuguese
Settler cost +10 food
Cassador +2 base ranged attack
Genitours card effect changed from +5 range to +4
These are all basic numerical changes to ports that dont effect gameplay a ton, but help to reign them in a little bit. Cass were definetly too weak, so they got a stats buff; Genitours was still a little too strong, so it got nerfed; Port mid-late game eco was too good, gets nerfed without changing early game too much. (hopefully)
90f vils would probs be decent, but I'd rather only buff cassas and organ shipment and keep 100f vils. +2 attack is maybe a bit too much, idk. I think we could also move gunpowder units upgrades to fortress, because I think ports are the only civ with only 1 unit upgrade in colo + fortress. Maybe also make 2 organs shipment 3 organs, after all it's a special portuguese unit. Anyway ESOC maps are already a huge buff for ports and they don't need much more to be decent. Agree for genitours, ofc.

Russia
5 cavalry archers shipment increased to 6
5 cossack shipment reduced to 4 cossacks
Two tweaks that help balance them out a little bit. The 5 cossack nerf is esspecially important for 2v2, were they are super OP because of strong early pressure, and an eco that can just run away at times if left unpressured. I hope that nerfing 5 cossack wouldnt change too much in 1v1, but something might have to be done to compensate.
Strelet Combat card effect reduced to +15% attack and hitpoints and +2 range added
Not sure if this is super necessary, but should help russia out in age 3 a bit, along with the slight CA buff.
Not sure about russia, they're probably more or less fine in 1v1 now, but too strong in team. But 5 coss rush is what makes russia somewhat special and it would be a shame to change that. I like the CA change though. Don't increase strelets range though lol, russia doesn't need late game buffs at all, but early buffs. Strelets are already OP with upgrades, if you buff their range they will be unbeatable, especially with 4.5 speed.

Sioux
Wakina Rifle range increased from 18 to 19
4 villager card replaced by 5 villagers
Dog soldier range resist reduced to 10% (from 30%)
Wakina range just makes sure that their age 3 composition isnt too shity. War chief speed aura makes up for -1 range compared to skirms while kiting. 4 villager change is good because sioux eco is notoriously weak. The slight Dog Soldier nerf helps to keep the big button tech in check. Maybe a big button cost buff should be added to compensate.
Teepee hitpoint aura now effects villagers
(Maybe enable steel traps, but this buff would probably require testing to make sure it wouldnt be too good)
Just delete this civ it's ugly and annoying

Spanish
Rodelero base hand attack increased to 13 (from 10), and multiplier against cavalry reduced to 3.0 (down from 3.5)
5 lancers shipment reduced to 4, shipment is now infinite
Rod attack increase will help them out adapting to colonial pressure, making them a viable unit, as well as helping out in age 3 making them a little bit more useful. 5 lancers is a very good card, so a nerf was in order IMO, and making the card infinite nerfs it, but also frees up a space in age 3, and allows Spain to have a better late fortress.
Lol what, 13 attack for rods ? That's way too much. Rods aren't even that bad, they shit on cav and with their 6 speed they are pretty polyvalent. With 13 attack they would be super OP. Btw spain have absolutely no problem to hold colonial pressure. And pretty sure infinite lancers would be too good for spain. I'd rather give them two 4 lancer cards, and probs nerf something else too.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

About cover mode bug, couldn't we just make the hero have a different stance just before it dies ? Like put it back in normal melee mode right before it dies
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Darwin_ wrote:Zamburak x2.0 multiplier against artillery added in the colonial age, "disciplined Zamburaks" +2.0 multiplier against artillery removed.

I actually like this one.