Post by Garja »

Dutch was a solid pick in last tourney.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: ESOC patch balance poll #4 (1v1)

Post by momuuu »

They were no iro. I don't really know when they'd have truly been an optimal pick.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Garja wrote:They have already a specific travois politician that scales with age.
+100w at start and 700f 700w 700g is another option.

I think 700 crates could be fine, but +100w seems like it would make them like re iro on a 200w start and ep iro on a 100w start.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

Post by Rikikipu »

Nerf a little bit :
  • Port : 90 food vills
  • Dutch : Just let 350f 300w bank + XP bank boost but remove other changes.
  • Russia : I don't know to
  • TPs : Decrease slightly the amount of XP that gives TPs (-10% ?)
Buff :
  • Iro : Try to reset Iro as RE state, it should be ok on esoc maps.
  • China : Old Han to -25% (-50% is just too much)
  • Sioux : Idk how to
Opened question : Is India really weak or people just don't know how to play it ?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Honestly, I'd go for 85f port vills maybe, leave dutch and russia the same and buff iro/sioux and maybe do that old han thing and then just leave it be. The balance is pretty awesome tbh, if india is one of the weakest civ then every civ feels pretty strong (except iro/sioux).
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

edeholland wrote:To be honest I'm more interested what the top 32 (tourney players) think of this, maybe we can also have some kind of internal poll?

Hai, i think Is very good i like it alot .
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

I think at this point we shouldnt be nerfing civs anymore. Altho port might be to strong i would just leave them as they are for now. I really dislike the approach of cheaper vills for ports tho, id much rather see a cassa cost decrease or sth along those lines, or ports getting more food crates than other civs idk i feel like pretty much anything is better than cheaper vills, but maybe its better to not touch them for now as theyre still fine i think. Very strong indeed but not OP probably. The only thing I would touch is the ATP card. Thanks to 4 and 5 tp maps this card is just OP. Either get rid of high tp map, as i have been proposing for an eternity now ....... or nerf the card somehow ( remove attack from trading posts decrease hitpoints to 3 k, maybe increase the discount on tps to compensate for the nerf ). Instead focus on getting the civs that are below average on the same level as the other ones. It might be even wise to remove pervious nerfs such a the HP buff to uhlans.
It would also be clever if we actually could have more update cycles of the EP inbetween tourneys. Right now it kinda feels like this: Balance Changes.....Tourney.....balance changes......tourney. While I agreee that the best intel on the stafe of balance are tourneys. They are can also give you the wrong idea of balance because euro civs are always overrepresented and other civs therefore vastly underrepresented. Counter civ picking rules might give you a wrong idea of the civs strength. If someone wins with brits against port, you might think port is fine whereas if you see ports playing vs germany you might think port is OP
In any case increasing the update cycles between tourneys would smart. Like only buffs in one update only nerfs in second ( if sth turns out to be awfully wrong )
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Canada Dankl
Crossbow

Post by Dankl »

I'd like to see:
Port: 90f vills
India: 100w houses, 90w vills
Aztec: Nobles hut moved to age II

I'd also like to see a few new maps but also removing (retiring from tournaments) some of the old ones.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:Well I at least backed up my opinion by civ choices in the tournament. Although I should have played dutch more, I backed up my opinion that theyre not that strong by not picking them in the most important bo5 I played.

I mean, Im willing to discuss how dutch is not top 2 and how they are just fine. At this point in time Ive concluded that people that think that just havent played the civ enough or sth.
The lengths to which you go...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

zoom wrote:
Jerom wrote:Well I at least backed up my opinion by civ choices in the tournament. Although I should have played dutch more, I backed up my opinion that theyre not that strong by not picking them in the most important bo5 I played.

I mean, Im willing to discuss how dutch is not top 2 and how they are just fine. At this point in time Ive concluded that people that think that just havent played the civ enough or sth.
The lengths to which you go...

You're right, its amazing that I even care enough to make a single post pointing out how the perception of balance when it comes to dutch is extremely often extremely wrong.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Goodspeed wrote:
zoom wrote:
Show hidden quotes
It's perfectly possible you didn't miss his point, but you seem not to have addressed ignored it in your post.
Well his comment was about the approach we chose, when really we haven't chosen any. Rather we delayed dealing with the civ.
Yes, you made a classic Goodspeed® reply, addressing his remarks on Iroquois and Sioux while disregarding his general point; the balancing theory of incentivizing play by buffing. Just look at Russians with a "20 Strelets" shipment – clearly unbeatable!

While the idea of buffing rather than nerfing when the outliers are clearly on the #stronk side is illogical, this particular thought is worthwhile, I tink. Just be sure not to make Iroquois too powerful, or once more no one will play them...
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Dankl wrote:I'd like to see:
Port: 90f vills
India: 100w houses, 90w vills
Aztec: Nobles hut moved to age II

I'd also like to see a few new maps but also removing (retiring from tournaments) some of the old ones.

why would aztecs need a nobles hut in age2?!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:Honestly, I'd go for 85f port vills maybe, leave dutch and russia the same and buff iro/sioux and maybe do that old han thing and then just leave it be. The balance is pretty awesome tbh, if india is one of the weakest civ then every civ feels pretty strong (except iro/sioux).
85!? Are you mad??
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

zoom wrote:
Jerom wrote:Honestly, I'd go for 85f port vills maybe, leave dutch and russia the same and buff iro/sioux and maybe do that old han thing and then just leave it be. The balance is pretty awesome tbh, if india is one of the weakest civ then every civ feels pretty strong (except iro/sioux).
85!? Are you mad??
Evidently
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01
ESO: diarouga

Post by Diarouga »

Rikikipu wrote:Iro : Try to reset Iro as RE state, it should be ok on esoc maps.

????????????????????????????????????????????????
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

Diarouga wrote:
Rikikipu wrote:Iro : Try to reset Iro as RE state, it should be ok on esoc maps.

lul
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

about iro, i'm not convinced thay the are ultimate trash atm.
look at my game vs deadrising iro, (game3) he made a fairly decent iro push.

4 kanya + 5 toma are stronger and arrive earlier then 5 cossac 5 musks, while the latter one is considered op. (russia might be able to keep constant pressure better, but we all know how insane iros infantary can get).

they arent top tier, but arent that bad. all we need is h20 playing a few games with then on stream and i'm sure everyone will start doing it too. lol
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

Iros are for sure better than Sioux, dunno what people are smoking lol. They are more or less on the same strenght of current French in 1v1. Slightly less eco and better cards + abusive mechanics.
Image Image Image
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Diarouga wrote:

This is why we love you diarouga, being so humble
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

ye reset iro, it will probs be too strong, but will be better to recheck from there whats needed to balance.
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

Rikikipu wrote:
Diarouga wrote:

This is why we love you diarouga, being so humble

You're too good at this game.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

Post by Rikikipu »

Zzz see I'm not agressive and you just flame for free and then you complain. Makes no sense.
France Diarouga
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Diarouga »

Rikikipu wrote:Zzz see I'm not agressive and you just flame for free and then you complain. Makes no sense.

Since when is "?" a flame?
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

umeu wrote:ye reset iro, it will probs be too strong, but will be better to recheck from there whats needed to balance.

as long as we do it before the next tourney start. I fear tho that it will go the usual way.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

umeu wrote:ye reset iro, it will probs be too strong, but will be better to recheck from there whats needed to balance.

Yeah thats what I was saying too. Or you could reset the crates and go with the slight military nerfs instead (its other way around right now).