CIR change β€” patch notes

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

CIR change β€” patch notes

Post by pecelot »

Code: Select all

Counter Infantry Rifling Arsenal improvement: effect changed from x2 to x3 versus Light Cavalry.

Can somebody add that line to under β€žGeneral" here? It has been a while since it got implemented, and yet there's no mention about it...
I know @Rikikipu has no access to that, so @n0el or @_H2O perhaps? :roll:
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: νŒ€ ν•˜μš°μŠ€

Re: CIR change β€” patch notes

Post by n0el »

I dont have access. Ask @Goodspeed
mad cuz bad
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Indeed, I forgot about him! :sad:
United States of America SoldieR
Pro Player
ESO: SoldieR

Post by SoldieR »

So this is intentional, and staying?
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

It turned out to be so :hmm:
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

IAmSoldieR wrote:So this is intentional, and staying?

Lack of testers and active EP developers, rather.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Is it way too strong?
No Flag ssaraf
Dragoon
ESO: robinhood_xing

Post by ssaraf »

I really love this change and would want it to stay there permanently. Dragoons/Cavalry archers are very high hp units and the skirms/cassadors and the likes should be able to do better than x2 as the game goes longer coz their hp increases significantly and thus their direct counters must be able to match this with x3 attack vs them. #BEST_CHANGE_BY_EP according to me :)
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

It's a bug, which should be documented until fixed.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Can you guys PM me a list of gmail addresses which need access? @n0el @pecelot
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I don't understand why we should keep this change. It then means that CIR makes your skirms rape any kind of anticav, = you should make it every game because it's op (+50% skirm attack when you focus them correctly). Imo CIR should stay a situational upgrade, against HI heavy civs, not something you do everytime you hit age 3. It also gives an undeserved buff to euro civs.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

if you are going to keep it, give it to greenjackets too. :flowers:
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Kaiserklein wrote:I don't understand why we should keep this change. It then means that CIR makes your skirms rape any kind of anticav, = you should make it every game because it's op (+50% skirm attack when you focus them correctly). Imo CIR should stay a situational upgrade, against HI heavy civs, not something you do everytime you hit age 3. It also gives an undeserved buff to euro civs.

Are you serious, who plans to keep it? As of my knowledge its a bug, that will be fixed soon.....
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

My point was that regardless of all of that, it should be noted β€” it's a balance change, whether intended or not. Seeing the recent lack in pace of EP improvement, the least we can do is informing people about it.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

I think it could be a good change as long as native and asian civs are adjusted accordingly
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Cir is a very good change.
Reasons: Hi is totally useless in age 3. It reduce the gap between hi and ri.
Meele cav is kinda weak in this game. This change buff them passivly.

Dont understand why people want remove this change. Its a good change.
But if cir gives 3x bonus then the all other asian civs should get the same + natives like hazza mentioned.
Plus remove the the 10% goon nerf i guess.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03

Post by pecelot »

Alright, I added a line:

Code: Select all

Counter Infantry Rifling Arsenal improvement: Effect changed to affect Light Cavalry as well (multiplier increased to x3).

:kinggreen:

Thanks, @Goodspeed ! :flowers:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Atomiswave wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:I don't understand why we should keep this change. It then means that CIR makes your skirms rape any kind of anticav, = you should make it every game because it's op (+50% skirm attack when you focus them correctly). Imo CIR should stay a situational upgrade, against HI heavy civs, not something you do everytime you hit age 3. It also gives an undeserved buff to euro civs.

Are you serious, who plans to keep it? As of my knowledge its a bug, that will be fixed soon.....

If its just a bug then why we played with it for a full tourney, and why is it still here ?
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It's an unintended change and will be removed in next patch.
Counter Infantry Rifling
Brazil lemmings121
Jaeger
ESO: lemmings121

Post by lemmings121 »

Goodspeed wrote:It's an unintended change and will be removed in next patch.
Counter Infantry Rifling

this fix its expected to hit before the next ASC? since it has a huge impact in BOs imo this should be resolved asap, or just acepted as a official change that will (might?) be reverted latter.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Counter Infantry Rifling
counter infantry and cavalry rifling?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:

If its just a bug then why we played with it for a full tourney, and why is it still here ?

Because we're short on devs and this change has accidentally slipped into the live patch. Twice. I'm partly responsible for the second time myself, as I didn't test the fix extensively enough (only on abus).
As Goodspeed said, it will be reverted properly in the next patch iteration. I know some people did find this change interesting and it might possibly come back later in some form, but the overall balance with non-euro civs needs to be considered among possibly other things.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

lemmings121 wrote:
Counter Infantry Rifling

this fix its expected to hit before the next ASC? since it has a huge impact in BOs imo this should be resolved asap, or just acepted as a official change that will (might?) be reverted latter.

Yes, it's expected to hit very soon along with the rest of the balance changes.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I guess I can use this thread to say some things about it. It's not a bad change in that it enables the arsenal as a thing to make. Beforehand the arsenal upgrades just didnt offer enough, the goon upgrade and cav upgrades are pretty decent, but also pretty expensive for what they do especially considering fortress age is mostly skirm wars. The infantry upgrades are extremely niche; the archaic upgrade is basically useless and CIR, while amazing against civs making HI, it's not really useful in fortress wars and skirms kinda destroy musk based compositions anyways.

The CIR effect is extremely strong. It's like getting a 50% attack boost (imperial upgrade) but scaling on current stats and not base stats (makes it 10% better even, effectively), so it's like a 60% upgrade against goons. The meta failed to develop well around it, partially because it was supposed to be fixed, but this upgrade and the reduced goon range resistance, should totally throw fortress wars upside down. Goons become the worst unit, so the skirms and hussars will become the biggest focus. I think that if you would leave the game in this state for a year fortress wars will mostly become hussars with a small amount of skirms. It's probably much more boring that way, huss vs huss is the most uninteresting sort of battle. I just don't think goons are really viable atm, maybe only if the hussar mass of your opponent becomes really large.

While a change with such a devastating effect is interesting because it actually truly changes the meta, it's probably not really a fair change. The TAD and TWC civs dont get it and it just changes the game way too much. That being said, the part where arsenal becomes a viable building is absolutely lovely.
Hungary Dsy
Lancer

Post by Dsy »

Do you play the game in theory? How cir effects the game when the arsenal + ugprade cost like foundry + cannon? Or like 10 huss/12goons.
Can some1 explain plss...:D