What would you like the prize to be?

ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
3
10%
Intel Core i5 4670k + Motherboard and Stock Cooler
6
19%
Cooler-Master Poseidon 240mm AIO Water-Cooler
2
6%
4GB RAM (lol, I might just throw that in with the i5)
1
3%
4TB Hard Drive
2
6%
500W PSU (Not generic, I cant remember the name - cooler master?)
0
No votes
$100 Cash Prize
17
55%
 
Total votes: 31

User avatar
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1342
ESO: pezet
Location: New Zealand
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 04:58

Hello Everyone,

I am in the process of designing a new tournament. I've got most of the stuff all ironed out, but I would like to run a quick survey.
See I thought of having a lovely $100 USD cash prize, but then I would like to see more streaming, especially of treaty, and I have a few bits and bobs of old hardware lying around, but that is perfectly good performance.

I have put the options in the poll of what I have, perhaps the community can decide what I should give away. (Note that I cant increase the cash prize sorry, as I'm a bit tight and this is all I have :( ).

The basic specifications of the tournament, for anyone interested is:
Treaty game-mode (NR55 or NR40 it is the players choice)
Treaty patch of course.
PR17 TR or PR20 SUP and above. (what if poor site would like to play?)
ESOC Andes or ESOC Orinoco as map pool.

I am planning to cast these, with much better effort than the last tournament, as well as proper organisation. I have a new secret tool for organisation, which includes proper check-ins, scheduling and brackets all integrated into one software. It's very useful.

Thank you, and have a nice day :)

P.S. If >=128 real people join this tournament I will give away the whole system and use the 100 for shipping cost, but thats a bit unlikely, so please choose.
Image
United States of America noissance
Howdah
Posts: 1694
ESO: noissance
Location: United States
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 05:11

geforce card, you can replace with a 1080 ti on your rig for that 4k 60 gaming
User avatar
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Posts: 188
ESO: Gear_Head
Location: Perth, Australia
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 05:15

I voted $100 cash prize because I didn't read the OP and saw that as the least expensive for the tournament organizer. Obviously if you're giving it away anyways, I'd love whatever would go the furthest towards building a new system. :D

Definitely interested in a treaty tournament. Would this be 1v1 or team?
User avatar
Singapore milku3459
Lancer
Posts: 897
ESO: jamescheif100
Location: in your base, killing your dudes
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 05:20

Give a nice cut of steak from Jakey's farm, with a signed pedigree sheet to prove Jakey's involvement in the bloodline.
1/5/17
Image
User avatar
United States of America site
Lancer
Donator 01
Posts: 666
ESO: site
Location: Oklahoma, USA
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 05:21

Poor site would like to play
Image

Join the Insight Studios Discord!
https://discord.gg/SB6JJ8T

010000RMAY17 - Complete
010000RJUL17 - Pending
Australia wardyb1
Musketeer
Posts: 81
ESO: wardyb1
Location: Australia
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 05:31

A NR 40 tourney would be great. Good luck casting NR 55, just doubles the length of games.
Making this 2v2 would be hype as well but that probably is much harder to organise/schedule.
User avatar
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Posts: 188
ESO: Gear_Head
Location: Perth, Australia
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 05:41

I'd be down for 55. ;)
User avatar
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1342
ESO: pezet
Location: New Zealand
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 05:46

Gear_Head wrote:I voted $100 cash prize because I didn't read the OP and saw that as the least expensive for the tournament organizer. Obviously if you're giving it away anyways, I'd love whatever would go the furthest towards building a new system. :D

Definitely interested in a treaty tournament. Would this be 1v1 or team?


This is just stuff I have lying around :P
I think 2v2 would be an excellent dynamic to cast but I cant decide. Stay tuned for the next poll :O
Image
User avatar
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Posts: 188
ESO: Gear_Head
Location: Perth, Australia
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 06:21

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Gear_Head wrote:I voted $100 cash prize because I didn't read the OP and saw that as the least expensive for the tournament organizer. Obviously if you're giving it away anyways, I'd love whatever would go the furthest towards building a new system. :D

Definitely interested in a treaty tournament. Would this be 1v1 or team?


This is just stuff I have lying around :P
I think 2v2 would be an excellent dynamic to cast but I cant decide. Stay tuned for the next poll :O


2v2 is more favorable in treaty imo because of the length of time that you're sitting around doing next to nothing in certain parts of the game. The biggest drawback to 2v2 in any tournament is scheduling. If you're willing to go through the headache of a team tournament, go for it. If you're not sure, don't do it; you'll regret life for months. :lol:

I personally would prefer 2v2, for what it's worth. #carrymeplz :love:
User avatar
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1342
ESO: pezet
Location: New Zealand
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 06:35

Gear_Head wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Gear_Head wrote:I voted $100 cash prize because I didn't read the OP and saw that as the least expensive for the tournament organizer. Obviously if you're giving it away anyways, I'd love whatever would go the furthest towards building a new system. :D

Definitely interested in a treaty tournament. Would this be 1v1 or team?


This is just stuff I have lying around :P
I think 2v2 would be an excellent dynamic to cast but I cant decide. Stay tuned for the next poll :O


2v2 is more favorable in treaty imo because of the length of time that you're sitting around doing next to nothing in certain parts of the game. The biggest drawback to 2v2 in any tournament is scheduling. If you're willing to go through the headache of a team tournament, go for it. If you're not sure, don't do it; you'll regret life for months. :lol:

I personally would prefer 2v2, for what it's worth. #carrymeplz :love:

then it is settled. 2v2 nr55 (etc)
Image
Netherlands Me4rts
Crossbow
Posts: 21
ESO: Me4rts
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 06:55

I'd be very excited to cast some nr55 games too :^)
User avatar
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1342
ESO: pezet
Location: New Zealand
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 07:00

Me4rts wrote:I'd be very excited to cast some nr55 games too :^)

For sure. Because organisation of the casters was very sloppy (I admit!)
I will have a new signup and a casters channel in the discord setup. I will also post in the InSight discord because thats the new casting meta
Image
Norway NoName
Crossbow
Posts: 23
ESO: InsertESOUserName
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 07:29

Gotta vote for the 4GB ram, srsly just throw this junk out of the window :)
User avatar
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1342
ESO: pezet
Location: New Zealand
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 07:36

NoName wrote:Gotta vote for the 4GB ram, srsly just throw this junk out of the window :)


I don't use this stuff anymore :P
Image
User avatar
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Posts: 188
ESO: Gear_Head
Location: Perth, Australia
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 07:46

JakeyBoyTH wrote:then it is settled. 2v2 nr55 (etc)


As much as this would make my month, I should point out that a nr55 will get far less interest than nr40, and the quality of players will likely be lower as most of the top players dislike nr55.

So if it's exposure, participant quantity, OR participant quality that you seek, you'll be better off doing nr40.
User avatar
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
ESOC Media Team
Posts: 1342
ESO: pezet
Location: New Zealand
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 08:03

Gear_Head wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:then it is settled. 2v2 nr55 (etc)


As much as this would make my month, I should point out that a nr55 will get far less interest than nr40, and the quality of players will likely be lower as most of the top players dislike nr55.

So if it's exposure, participant quantity, OR participant quality that you seek, you'll be better off doing nr40.

Then it is settled. 2v2 nr40 (etc)
Image
User avatar
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Posts: 188
ESO: Gear_Head
Location: Perth, Australia
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 09:24

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Gear_Head wrote:
JakeyBoyTH wrote:then it is settled. 2v2 nr55 (etc)


As much as this would make my month, I should point out that a nr55 will get far less interest than nr40, and the quality of players will likely be lower as most of the top players dislike nr55.

So if it's exposure, participant quantity, OR participant quality that you seek, you'll be better off doing nr40.

Then it is settled. 2v2 nr40 (etc)


:lol: Dangit. Why did I have to say anything :cry:
Greece tedere12
Howdah
Posts: 1745
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 10:00

High IQ players tourney
#FreeTheCheese
User avatar
Australia Gear_Head
Skirmisher
Posts: 188
ESO: Gear_Head
Location: Perth, Australia
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 10:21

tedere12 wrote:High IQ players tourney


I'll have you know my IQ is 70, exactly one above "Mentally Retarded." Clearly I, like my fellow treaty players, am a superior race and you sir, should take a seat. :flowers:
Norway NoName
Crossbow
Posts: 23
ESO: InsertESOUserName
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 10:43

Ceylon nr40 turney confirmed! :ohmy:
User avatar
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Lancer
Donator 02
Posts: 908
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 10:55

tedere12 wrote:High IQ and very handsome players tourney

Fixed
Germany supernapoleon
Dragoon
Posts: 318
ESO: Supernapoleon
Location: Munich
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 11:00

Sounds really epic to see a new treaty tournament, nice effort! However I know none od these things so i didn't vote :P
"I'M SOOOOOO GOOD AT THE GAME"
Hazza wrote: "I mad u win cos u get carried all game and have to lame every game"
User avatar
Canada _NiceKING_
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
Posts: 1644
ESO: _NiceKING_
Game: AoE Online
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 11:29

I guess we need two more polls (1v1 VS 2v2) and (NR40 VS NR55). :hmm:
Anyways, thanks for doing this!
Image

$5 coupon for UberEats: eats-albertl5322ui
User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
Posts: 1560
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]
Game: AoE Online
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 11:32

_NiceKING_ wrote:I guess we need two more polls (1v1 VS 2v2) and (NR40 VS NR55). :hmm:
Anyways, thanks for doing this!

Paging @breeze
Image
United States of America dicktator_
Dragoon
Posts: 459
  • Link to post
  • Quote

21 Mar 2017, 13:26

sebnan12 wrote:i think tourneys like this shud be supported either by esoc foundations or community members. because especially if ur low with incom or havent got alot money atm u shudnt need to pay the price pool for the tourney ur hosting because the work and effort u have to put in the tourney already needs to be supported. if esoc wont help u or u dont want ro make a price pool founding pm me i can support u for sure!
edit: garja sux

Lol we actually still haven't payed off the treaty team brawl winners yet (I donated $50, but we still need $150)
Image

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: darkcrazy, ovi12 and 1 guest