User avatar
United States of America alistairpeter
Musketeer
Posts: 66
ESO: alistairpeter
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 00:26

If I know im going against a brit who sends VC, is it even worth tearing down their houses? The odds of housing them seem low, since their start revolves around building a ton of houses anyway, so destroying them just allows them to get more villies out. Is my thinking in this scenario wrong? I mean unless you can't destroy enough to pop them it does not seem worth it. But even tjen, destroying 5 houses means 5 more villagers
User avatar
United States of America sircallen
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2623
ESO: SirCallen
Location: Midwest
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 00:34

Not worth unless you're Azz and get dat sweet xp bonus.
Man who wearies the Untiring, the Immortal -
Earth, eldest of the Gods, as year by year,
His plough teams come and go,
The care-free bands of birds,
Beasts of the wild, tribes of the sea,
In netted toils he takes,
The Subtle One.
Australia Timba
Crossbow
Posts: 13
ESO: _hi_
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 00:51

sircallen wrote:Not worth unless you're Azz and get dat sweet xp bonus.

What about when the brit player doesn't send VC, is it ever worth it (apart from Aztec xp bonus)?
User avatar
United States of America sircallen
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2623
ESO: SirCallen
Location: Midwest
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 00:52

Depends on the british build. For instance when I was sending 5v first for awhile and my forward manors got sieged I would become momentarily popped. As a general rule of thumb though, no, don't siege manors.
Man who wearies the Untiring, the Immortal -
Earth, eldest of the Gods, as year by year,
His plough teams come and go,
The care-free bands of birds,
Beasts of the wild, tribes of the sea,
In netted toils he takes,
The Subtle One.
User avatar
Japan Aizamk
Lancer
Posts: 640
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 00:58

sircallen wrote:Depends on the british build. For instance when I was sending 5v first for awhile and my forward manors got sieged I would become momentarily popped. As a general rule of thumb though, no, don't siege manors.

Sending 5v first? :mad: Blasphemy, who was the friendly northern barbarian that prompted you to do such a thing?
User avatar
United States of America sircallen
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2623
ESO: SirCallen
Location: Midwest
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 01:10

Aizamk wrote:
sircallen wrote:Depends on the british build. For instance when I was sending 5v first for awhile and my forward manors got sieged I would become momentarily popped. As a general rule of thumb though, no, don't siege manors.

Sending 5v first? :mad: Blasphemy, who was the friendly northern barbarian that prompted you to do such a thing?

An old meta crafter with an awfully bent toe.
Man who wearies the Untiring, the Immortal -
Earth, eldest of the Gods, as year by year,
His plough teams come and go,
The care-free bands of birds,
Beasts of the wild, tribes of the sea,
In netted toils he takes,
The Subtle One.
User avatar
Netherlands Jerom
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 11848
ESO: Jerom_
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 01:39

Actually I feel like farming manors for xp is not actually a bad thing to do in many scenarios.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
United States of America sircallen
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2623
ESO: SirCallen
Location: Midwest
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 02:17

Depends on the context. It could be giving brits too much time. Brits could have went VC. It could be 1v1 or team. Etc.
Man who wearies the Untiring, the Immortal -
Earth, eldest of the Gods, as year by year,
His plough teams come and go,
The care-free bands of birds,
Beasts of the wild, tribes of the sea,
In netted toils he takes,
The Subtle One.
Greece tedere12
Howdah
Posts: 1687
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 07:53

Timba wrote:
sircallen wrote:Not worth unless you're Azz and get dat sweet xp bonus.

What about when the brit player doesn't send VC, is it ever worth it (apart from Aztec xp bonus)?

Yes, unless its late game so he has spare wood and can remake them
#FreeTheCheese
User avatar
European Union bwinner1
Dragoon
Posts: 217
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 08:11

Imo that's good when your army is iddle and manors are exposed. Anyway, you aren't so likely to get all the 20 manors in 1v1 (I mean it happends, but like 20% of the games at best). So you win xp, destroy enemy los and force him to build more manors instead of army, which can give you a temporarry millitary advantage.
The inconvenients are that the enemy sees your army sieging and he can build more vils in late game.
All considered, it's very often good to destroy manors Imo.
Australia Timba
Crossbow
Posts: 13
ESO: _hi_
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 10:47

I thought that brit rarely gets close to being popped, so it's not worth sieging their manors for those reasons?
User avatar
China fei123456
Jaeger
Posts: 2109
ESO: fei123456
Location: Alderaan
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 11:23

No, never. You should control the resources to starve brit.
It's already a war, and I have nothing to lose.
----diarouga
User avatar
European Union bwinner1
Dragoon
Posts: 217
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 11:27

It depends how you are playing. If you send VC that's probably the case, but either no. For instance, if you are rushing them with russia/india/otto, they are not likely to do a manor boom. Some people will probably disagree with this, but personnally when I play vs an agressiv strategy as brit, I focus on having as much army as possible for a timming, so I am often pop at this time. That's why if you destroy some of my manor houses, I need to change my plan or to chope wood to rebuild which both hurt my timing.
User avatar
India _RDX_
Lancer
Posts: 538
ESO: _RDX_
Location: Trash Can, Chennai, TN, India
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 16:01

Jerom wrote:Actually I feel like asking Dutch to be buffed is not actually a bad thing to do in many scenarios.
_H2O = Wisdom, Garja = God, Aizamk = Lord, _RDX_ = Fool
User avatar
Netherlands Jerom
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
Posts: 11848
ESO: Jerom_
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 16:09

Hardly funny.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy
User avatar
India _RDX_
Lancer
Posts: 538
ESO: _RDX_
Location: Trash Can, Chennai, TN, India
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 16:12

:unsure:
_H2O = Wisdom, Garja = God, Aizamk = Lord, _RDX_ = Fool
Greece tedere12
Howdah
Posts: 1687
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 16:55

.
Attachments
dutch.png
dutch.png (3.73 KiB) Viewed 195 times
#FreeTheCheese
United States of America noissance
Howdah
Posts: 1679
ESO: noissance
Location: United States
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 17:12

If you manage to control all of the brit player's hunts (wall/tower/fort) then you render VC useless. The brit player will then have to make mills, which will slow them down a lot.
Another thing you could do is just kill off all his hunts with a couple of vills (with blunderbuss tech at market), and herding them away from the brit player. If you do this, then the brit player will run out of hunts even faster.
User avatar
Germany aligator92
Dragoon
Posts: 366
ESO: aligator92
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 18:11

noissance wrote:Another thing you could do is just kill off all his hunts with a couple of vills (with blunderbuss tech at market), and herding them away from the brit player. If you do this, then the brit player will run out of hunts even faster.

Don't encourage players to do stuff like that
User avatar
United States of America sircallen
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2623
ESO: SirCallen
Location: Midwest
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 18:16

aligator92 wrote:
noissance wrote:Another thing you could do is just kill off all his hunts with a couple of vills (with blunderbuss tech at market), and herding them away from the brit player. If you do this, then the brit player will run out of hunts even faster.

Don't encourage players to do stuff like that

Earning PR comes at the greatest of costs. You think I won't cash in my dignity as a human individual to win a game? Lol. I will hunt all hunts if it means an ez4callen win.
Man who wearies the Untiring, the Immortal -
Earth, eldest of the Gods, as year by year,
His plough teams come and go,
The care-free bands of birds,
Beasts of the wild, tribes of the sea,
In netted toils he takes,
The Subtle One.
United States of America noissance
Howdah
Posts: 1679
ESO: noissance
Location: United States
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 19:13

aligator92 wrote:
noissance wrote:Another thing you could do is just kill off all his hunts with a couple of vills (with blunderbuss tech at market), and herding them away from the brit player. If you do this, then the brit player will run out of hunts even faster.

Don't encourage players to do stuff like that

Gentlemen rules are only applicable to those who bind themselves. The scrubs who cry "unfair" can just as easily adapt to counter this type of play. This is no different from shrining up the map by playing japan. If anything, it can even end up as a disadvantage for both sides.
User avatar
India rsy
Lancer
Donator 01
Posts: 640
ESO: Rsy
Location: USA
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 19:31

Try walling up a German merc player's 3rd and 4th mines
User avatar
Germany aligator92
Dragoon
Posts: 366
ESO: aligator92
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 19:36

sircallen wrote:Earning PR comes at the greatest of costs. You think I won't cash in my dignity as a human individual to win a game? Lol. I will hunt all hunts if it means an ez4callen win.

You might want to have your dignity intact to fall back on when you fall into your next depression because Garja beat you with half as many units ;-)
User avatar
United States of America sircallen
ESOC Media Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2623
ESO: SirCallen
Location: Midwest
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 19:39

aligator92 wrote:
sircallen wrote:Earning PR comes at the greatest of costs. You think I won't cash in my dignity as a human individual to win a game? Lol. I will hunt all hunts if it means an ez4callen win.

You might want to have your dignity intact to fall back on when you fall into your next depression because Garja beat you with half as many units ;-)

nice meme

I challenge garja to a bo7
Man who wearies the Untiring, the Immortal -
Earth, eldest of the Gods, as year by year,
His plough teams come and go,
The care-free bands of birds,
Beasts of the wild, tribes of the sea,
In netted toils he takes,
The Subtle One.
User avatar
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Posts: 2896
  • Link to post
  • Quote

17 Jul 2017, 22:10

It's actually almost always worth doing. Brit houses build slowly and cost a lot of wood. If you kill a few of them it ramps your shipments and slows them down quite a bit.

VC is probably the only context I could see where you should avoid a house with otherwise idle army. Plus the intel it provides is often critical to deny.

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests