User avatar
Hungary Dsy
Lancer
Posts: 605
  • Link to post
  • Quote

11 Aug 2017, 13:25

Yeah. Even if you dont use it for directly abuse. You say need 1 minute. You can watch the whole map in that time: "oh i will get raided there". Until that command a lot of units.
Its easy to abuse. I'm sure some high level players also use commands when they need pause. Not directly use pause for abuse it just like "if its pause i command some".

Plus meanwhile its paused you can think about strategies, where to gather next resources, make a plan. And you will play much better until the pause than youd normally do.
User avatar
Turkey Mameluke
Dragoon
Posts: 326
ESO: Mameluké
Location: Gym
  • Link to post
  • Quote

11 Aug 2017, 13:45

Iro has a 43,24% winrate on Texas, so thats what I will do if an Iro lamer comes, just pick Texas as map. 21 (ha ha ha ha)

ps: yes I like statistics
If you see any mistakes in my grammar/vocabulary or whatever, please correct me. I really appreciate it :!: :flowers:
User avatar
Brazil lemmings121
Howdah
Posts: 1583
ESO: lemmings121
  • Link to post
  • Quote

11 Aug 2017, 14:47

Mameluke wrote:Iro has a 43,24% winrate on Texas, so thats what I will do if an Iro lamer comes, just pick Texas as map. 21 (ha ha ha ha)

ps: yes I like statistics


i think most iro lammers just rush all in every game, and when they get texas in qs they are screwed xD
User avatar
United States of America Papist
ESOC Community Team
Posts: 2076
ESO: Papist
  • Link to post
  • Quote

11 Aug 2017, 17:08

Gendarme wrote:If pause actually froze the game instead of letting you give commands and scroll around the map it wouldn't be abusable.

This.

@Dsy . I have never seen anyone "abuse" pause in any game aside from spamming it while rage-quitting. The advantage one might gain is minimal, since the opponent can just immediately unpause. Theoretically, I suppose you could use the pause feature to fill a batch a second away from finishing or something, but I've never seen anything like this happen. And as far as I know, it didn't happen when the game was competitive either.
"You build your future. It isn't handed to you." ~Frank Underwood
User avatar
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7466
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland
  • Link to post
  • Quote

11 Aug 2017, 19:20

omg really out of all issues with the game you picked an innocent pause? honestly what game are you playing
fml
My Tips of the Day and COMPSTOMP threads! Be sure to check out the ESOC Strategy Wall! :flowers:
User avatar
Belgium Asateo
Skirmisher
Posts: 114
ESO: Asateo
Location: Belgium
  • Link to post
  • Quote

12 Aug 2017, 10:41

Anyways, what's up with otto players nowaday? I got +-5 FI- revolts in as 2/3days (out of 5 games that is).
Do they have a cult and agree on strats per week? :dry:
I'm beginning to incline to flail rush, when somebody choses otto, just to get it over with. :unsure:
User avatar
Kyrgyzstan AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE
Dragoon
Posts: 464
ESO: dats my secret
Location: Ze King in Zeken's House of Zekers
  • Link to post
  • Quote

12 Aug 2017, 11:38

Asateo wrote:I'm beginning to incline to flail rush, when somebody choses otto, just to get it over with. :unsure:

id reckon to incline the good ol' quit + pest..
User avatar
Belgium Asateo
Skirmisher
Posts: 114
ESO: Asateo
Location: Belgium
  • Link to post
  • Quote

12 Aug 2017, 12:10

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:
Asateo wrote:I'm beginning to incline to flail rush, when somebody choses otto, just to get it over with. :unsure:

id reckon to incline the good ol' quit + pest..


True, but then I'd have to do without the feeling I just got after having recked him.

Opponent: "But, I played an OP civ, I should win" :cry:
Me: "I love life." :chinese:
User avatar
United States of America Papist
ESOC Community Team
Posts: 2076
ESO: Papist
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Aug 2017, 02:13

AOEisLOVE_AOEisLIFE wrote:
Asateo wrote:I'm beginning to incline to flail rush, when somebody choses otto, just to get it over with. :unsure:

id reckon to incline the good ol' quit + pest..

You pest people for playing Otto? Damn, that's harsh.
"You build your future. It isn't handed to you." ~Frank Underwood
User avatar
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah
Posts: 1118
ESO: Anonymous_01
Location: United States
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Aug 2017, 04:08

Honestly otto is not that OP of a civ. Sure the ff timing is pretty early and abus guns are amazing, but if you can survive past 10-11 minutes with most civs, you are in a pretty good position. In my experience, Japan and france do quite well against them (and coincidentally, and I guess consequentially as well, they are also two of the best qs civs).

Iro is a harder nut to crack in my experience, but I think that, again, Japan and france both do quite well against them. As well as india I guess.
No Flag umeu
Gendarme
Posts: 6577
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Aug 2017, 05:40

lol those 3 are like some of the worst civs vs iro. best civs vs iro on tp maps are sioux, china and germany. spain, otto and ports are decent. the rest should lose hard.

on no tp maps the best civs become brits, russia and aztecs. germany, otto, spain and sioux drop off.
I kissed a girl and I liked it
Popped her cherry with my chapstick
I kissed a girl just to try it
I hope my wife don't mind it
It felt so wrong, it felt so right
Don't mean I'm in love tonight
I kissed a girl and I liked it
I liked it
User avatar
Poland pecelot
ESOC Community Team
Donator 02
Posts: 7466
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Aug 2017, 14:29

umeu wrote:on no tp maps the best civs become brits, russia and aztecs, germany, otto, spain and sioux drop off.

a semicolon would be appreciated ; )
My Tips of the Day and COMPSTOMP threads! Be sure to check out the ESOC Strategy Wall! :flowers:
User avatar
United States of America Papist
ESOC Community Team
Posts: 2076
ESO: Papist
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Aug 2017, 20:40

Darwin_ wrote:Honestly otto is not that OP of a civ. Sure the ff timing is pretty early and abus guns are amazing, but if you can survive past 10-11 minutes with most civs, you are in a pretty good position. .


The key word there is "if". It's hard for anyone (and near impossible for lower-ranked players like myself) to hold a "jan/2 falcs with mams otw" timing after just having aged up, or push back jan/abus, or survive a straight up jan rush. But I think the biggest contribution to Otto being OP is the fact that it takes zero effort to pull off those strats. Ship crates, make units, attack move, win. Collect PR points; rinse and repeat.
"You build your future. It isn't handed to you." ~Frank Underwood
User avatar
Russia yurashic
Howdah
Posts: 1010
ESO: Yurashic
Location: Russia
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Aug 2017, 22:01

Papist wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Honestly otto is not that OP of a civ. Sure the ff timing is pretty early and abus guns are amazing, but if you can survive past 10-11 minutes with most civs, you are in a pretty good position. .


The key word there is "if". It's hard for anyone (and near impossible for lower-ranked players like myself) to hold a "jan/2 falcs with mams otw" timing after just having aged up, or push back jan/abus, or survive a straight up jan rush. But I think the biggest contribution to Otto being OP is the fact that it takes zero effort to pull off those strats. Ship crates, make units, attack move, win. Collect PR points; rinse and repeat.


You can survive with no problems with most civs. Agressive and predictable strategies usually don't win games.
User avatar
Belgium Asateo
Skirmisher
Posts: 114
ESO: Asateo
Location: Belgium
  • Link to post
  • Quote

13 Aug 2017, 23:17

yurashic wrote:
Papist wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:Honestly otto is not that OP of a civ. Sure the ff timing is pretty early and abus guns are amazing, but if you can survive past 10-11 minutes with most civs, you are in a pretty good position. .


The key word there is "if". It's hard for anyone (and near impossible for lower-ranked players like myself) to hold a "jan/2 falcs with mams otw" timing after just having aged up, or push back jan/abus, or survive a straight up jan rush. But I think the biggest contribution to Otto being OP is the fact that it takes zero effort to pull off those strats. Ship crates, make units, attack move, win. Collect PR points; rinse and repeat.


You can survive with no problems with most civs. Agressive and predictable strategies usually don't win games.


Granted, as I improved otto became less of a problem. Saying however that they're predictable doesn't do them justice though. You can prepare for rush, but then discovering that he FF's and you have a problem. :hmm:

Forum Info

Return to “General”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: diarougaforever and 2 guests