P i k i l i c Classic Casting Guide

You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

P i k i l i c Classic Casting Guide

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

This thread is to add some guidelines for casting the tournament it is an extension to the Casting Rules. If you with to cast reply below and I will add you to the casting poll. You will be given a special Caster role in the tournament discord. Everyone is welcome to sign up for casting.

Please download the ESOC Patch, UI Maps and the UI prior to the games to make sure that everything goes as smooth as possible for the tournament and the stream/VOD. It is a requirement you make sure these are working and have tested at least once before the match begins.

Begin the stream by setting a 15 minute countdown to the stream using the overlay provided. Always set a minimum of two-minute delay to the stream. An admin will be available should you encounter any difficulty with this.

Always check the hunts and mines when the game starts. If the map is not balanced, ask the player to re-host. It is always the casters decision to re-host and not the players. If there is complaints of lag, a lag test will be made on the spot. Each participant in the game must submit a http://www.speedtest.net result in the discord. If the casters are to blame for the lag then the game will continue without casters and the record of the game may be casted at a later date. If the players are to blame then the game will continue - or if the lag is unplayable as deemed by the casters in a seperate lag test then the lagging player will be given an admin loss.

If the map file is somehow corrupted, then ask the players to pick another map. Alternatively, ask the player to re-download the map from the ESOC website.

Introduce the players to the stream/VOD when the game begins. It is also a great thing to talk about the match-up and what the players normally do in that particular matchup during the game, in the initial build-up.

Be fair. Always give reasons for the decisions which might affect the game directly or indirectly. If something happens and you are unable to make the call or if you are casting on your own and are forced to make a potentially game-changing decision, please find one of the tournament admins. It is important to let the admins know ASAP of any tournament-changing developments.

The channel for this tournament is SpankMeHardTH (username subject to change due to sensibility - stream key will remain the same). Any match casted on another channel will be void and the match will have to be replayed. It is suitable to record the games rather than have them casted on another channel. This is to ensure all the games that have been casted will be available on YouTube for other people to enjoy. If the match is streamed in first person view with an admin or AI present then that is acceptable on any channel however remember all games must be recorded and their games submitted in the Mega-Thread.

If you have any questions or doubts please let me or one of the other admins, @hleung , @pecelot or @Googol know :flowers:
Attachments
PC2017stream.png
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Re: P i k i l i c Classic Casting Guide

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

Overlay subject to change when I get around to it. I'm not sure on the title :!:
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Re: P i k i l i c Classic Casting Guide

Post by Googol »

Sign me up for casting.