Indian Starter Pack for the Beginner Elifent

You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Re: Indian Starter Pack for the Beginner Elifent

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

umeu wrote:You guys are noobs. You do it all with sepoys. You kill cannons with sepoys. You siege buildings with sepoys. Cav? Sepoys. Goons? Sepoys. Skirms? Switch on lag, and sepoys.

You don't need to switch on lag if you always lag.

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

pecelot wrote:With Siege Elephants you could, you know, siege some buildings :?

When you are one being pressured vs semi ff, and since your age 3 is 2 minutes slower, there is nothing to siege in your own base.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

_H2O wrote:Imo india is largely about being as greedy as possible using your ability to call 14 minutes with an Agra and shipment pop.

Lately I was leaning towards tp in transition to fast stage coach. I have never been as behind the tp as an exp generating mechanism. That is where I differ from the goodspeed camp. I find exp is baked into all other resources since you get exp for fighting and building. I also find the return on exp to exponentially decay so to invest in it puts you in a very narrow window to benefit.
i agree about upgrading but ive found that india can rarely defend the tps vs someone who plays correctly if they go for that much greed.

But yea, if you can defend it, stagecoach is always a great idea, even if you leave it on xp at start (because specially in age3, having shipments even faster maybe more valuable)
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

umeu wrote:
_H2O wrote:Imo india is largely about being as greedy as possible using your ability to call 14 minutes with an Agra and shipment pop.

Lately I was leaning towards tp in transition to fast stage coach. I have never been as behind the tp as an exp generating mechanism. That is where I differ from the goodspeed camp. I find exp is baked into all other resources since you get exp for fighting and building. I also find the return on exp to exponentially decay so to invest in it puts you in a very narrow window to benefit.
i agree about upgrading but ive found that india can rarely defend the tps vs someone who plays correctly if they go for that much greed.

But yea, if you can defend it, stagecoach is always a great idea, even if you leave it on xp at start (because specially in age3, having shipments even faster maybe more valuable)

I think one interesting build is start with a TP and ship wood trickle and then 1 free TP +33%tp hp+160w TPs. You get a free vill aswell so you will age up with a strong eco and shipment.

But the problem is that you age 5:20 even with 4 vills on wonder. And then its annoying to defend raids without units. Mm for sure though.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

idk I just dont think that from my experience stagecoach is really all that worth it. I think that one TP is incredibly worth it as india (its worth like 4 vills almost iirc because of the extra vill per shipment), but the payoff (both tempo and resources) from a stagecoach line compared to the amount of res you have to invest just doesn't seem as good as it is for other civs. India is already one of the slowest civs which is probably the only reason why it isn't tier 1 or 2, and I think that trying to go stagecoach just further exasperates that without enough benefit. Maybe on like maps like patagonia or manchuria (spawn with the 2 tp's in the back), it would be worth it as you don't really have to worry about defending them, but on maps like high plains, mendocino or jebel musa, I think india just has no chance to profit from them in a noticeable manner, let alone break even sometimes.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

somppukunkku wrote:
umeu wrote:

I think one interesting build is start with a TP and ship wood trickle and then 1 free TP +33%tp hp+160w TPs. You get a free vill aswell so you will age up with a strong eco and shipment.

But the problem is that you age 5:20 even with 4 vills on wonder. And then its annoying to defend raids without units. Mm for sure though.

you age so late because you make too many vils. if you make tp in age1, you cut 1 vil because you get it back with that extra shipment. you should be aging at latest 5 min with 1 vils on wonder. and otherwise 4.30 with like 3-4
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

those numbers are hardly reachabke even without TP. Let's say that with TP, 4v on wonder and cutting one vill you age at 5 min.
Image Image Image
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Lol nah... I consistently do it. Maybe on a map with no tres, youre going to be 5.20 with 1 on wonder and tp. Otherwise you should be 5m np.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

I just did some testing on Arkansas with 4 vills on wonder and it is basically 4.40 with good treasures (90f 60w). Without treasures it would be about 5 min as it is normal to be.
Image Image Image
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

90f & 60w are pretty regular treasures. Also bear in mind we haven't reached the point of treasure-less maps yet :hehe:
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I just realised that Sowar 225hp, 20 attack on most units.

more expensive than uhlan

wtf is this unit XD
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

somppukunkku wrote:I just realised that Sowar 225hp, 20 attack on most units.

wtf is this unit XD

That is indeed stunning to realise. :ohmy:
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

wtf is this unit XD

U gotta have complete shit stats somewhere to make up for sepoys
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

wtf is this unit XD

Actually's it's about the same price, since food > coin. And they're super fast, and have insane upgrades. Sowar aren't that bad, really.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

+ 30% RR, better than hussars
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Sowar need like 10 more HP to make them good
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

Darwin_ wrote:Sowar need like 10 more HP to make them good

Sowar are great for what they do. Their multiplier is heavily underrated as most anti-india colonial compositions would include some, if not more Ranged Infantry. They are pretty undervalued.
European Union Theodore
Skirmisher

Post by Theodore »

I explicitly want to thank @WickedCossack for the anti-German-start described above, that was really helpful! In general, a very nice guide
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Unfortunately the guide has become utterly worthless on account of the 10 hp sepoy nerf
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

As much as that is satirical, for ep purposes the slow sepoy rush section should probably be removed.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Theodore wrote:I explicitly want to thank @WickedCossack for the anti-German-start described above, that was really helpful! In general, a very nice guide

No problem, thanks for your message. :flowers:

The anti-german strat is still usable on EP, it's just I'd heavily reconsider not using the strats where you are under TC fire range before brit cons.

After brit cons and just as part of a general composition you can probably get sepoys to work.

But yea the slow sepoy rush on EP I don't use, you have to do another build.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

umeu wrote:
somppukunkku wrote:
Show hidden quotes

you age so late because you make too many vils. if you make tp in age1, you cut 1 vil because you get it back with that extra shipment. you should be aging at latest 5 min with 1 vils on wonder. and otherwise 4.30 with like 3-4

Nerf dutchlucifer
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Hazza54321 wrote:
umeu wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Nerf dutchlucifer

Actually I'm pretty much 100% convinced he's not Dutchlucifer. Umeu does this peculiar thing where he scrolls using his keys or sth while Dutchlucifer just moves his mouse to the edge of the screen like normal people do.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

And ive been chilling on the beach with hot women for the past 2 weeks.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

umeu wrote:And ive been chilling on the beach with hot women for the past 2 weeks.

Is your pick up line that youre a poet, instant turn on sugar