HC Shipment cards

Norway aqwer
Dragoon

HC Shipment cards

Post by aqwer »

Ottoman Cav HP.PNG

Indian Inf Combat.PNG

Where are the HC shipment cards for these techs?
#trainableSpahi
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Re: HC Shipment cards

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

The Indians have an upgrade for Sepoy, Ghurka and Sowar perhaps it could be that?

Stumped on the Ottoman card. They only have one Cavalry Upgrade and it is not a team card :!:

Perhaps these were introduced on a previous patch but nerfed or removed later on. That would be my assumption. I wonder if you can add these to a singleplayer home city?
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

It says you get two free sepoys so I doubt it is that 5% fortress upgrade.
Pay more attention to detail.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think those lines account for the fact that india can turn their shipment bonus of 1 vill into 2 sepoy.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

Gendarme wrote:It says you get two free sepoys so I doubt it is that 5% fortress upgrade.

Fortress upgrade is 10%

The industrial team upgrade is 5% :flowers:
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Gendarme wrote:It says you get two free sepoys so I doubt it is that 5% fortress upgrade.

You will get 2sepoy if you send a card (Conscript Sepoy) instead of villager.
And the upgrade is 15% attack/hp.

I think we should activate the relative cards for them.
#trainableSpahi
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

aqwer wrote:Where are the HC shipment cards for these techs?
Neither of those techs are used by any cards in the standard HCs.
Jerom wrote:I think those lines account for the fact that india can turn their shipment bonus of 1 vill into 2 sepoy.
This is correct, it has to be checked for in every relevant card tech that normally grants a villager.
aqwer wrote:I think we should activate the relative cards for them.
Certainly not before the consequences are weighted. This is not a bug, the techs were an idea that the developers played with and ultimately decided not to put in the game, probably due to balance concerns. If you dig around, you will find tons of such "dead" code, which is disabled for one reason or another (for example AI wall building). Carelessly activating these sorts of things is generally a bad idea, though they can often serve to inspire new changes.

On EP we are able to add any kind of card if we really wanted; they are not hard to create, so this code isn't very valuable.
NyxAchlys9 wrote:I wonder if you can add these to a singleplayer home city?
With some slightly advanced knowledge, I think you could make it work on singleplayer/lan without causing a CRC mismatch. Not on ESO, though.
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

@EAGLEMUT: I am creating a new tech. But when I edit the stringsy.xml, it cause problems, game initialization fails or layout and text in game disappears. Any idea to rectify it?
#trainableSpahi
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

aqwer wrote:@EAGLEMUT: I am creating a new tech. But when I edit the stringsy.xml, it cause problems, game initialization fails or layout and text in game disappears. Any idea to rectify it?

stringsy.xml? I'm not even sure where you found this file but I don't think that's one you should be editing.
Techs are defined in techtreey.xml and string changes are probably best to do in randommapstringsy.xml.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

@EAGLEMUT: sorry, I mean stringtabley.xml. I will try randommapstringsy.xml
#trainableSpahi
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

I think The Ottoman card is a carryover from data taken from one of the AS FP's, as on there they changed the team light artillery hirpoints to team cavalry hitpoints. I believe that there was a fair amount of data in the EP taken from the AS FP's, most of which was deactivated though some, like the howdah cost and CIR changes somehow managed to get through. This card must be one of those deactivated changes.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

Darwin_ wrote:I think The Ottoman card is a carryover from data taken from one of the AS FP's, as on there they changed the team light artillery hirpoints to team cavalry hitpoints. I believe that there was a fair amount of data in the EP taken from the AS FP's, most of which was deactivated though some, like the howdah cost and CIR changes somehow managed to get through. This card must be one of those deactivated changes.

It is in original game file.

@EAGLEMUT: techtreey.xml is not using strings from randomstringsy.xml. Help...
#trainableSpahi
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

aqwer wrote:
Darwin_ wrote:I think The Ottoman card is a carryover from data taken from one of the AS FP's, as on there they changed the team light artillery hirpoints to team cavalry hitpoints. I believe that there was a fair amount of data in the EP taken from the AS FP's, most of which was deactivated though some, like the howdah cost and CIR changes somehow managed to get through. This card must be one of those deactivated changes.

Ah... Then I think mut's explanation of the techs being deactivated for balance during the game's development makes sense here.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05

Post by EAGLEMUT »

aqwer wrote:

Post here what changes are you attempting to do.
Norway aqwer
Dragoon

Post by aqwer »

@EAGLEMUT: I am creating a tech that will give Janissary a +1.5 bonus against cav and increase attack by 15%. I need to create string tag which are causing problems.
#trainableSpahi