Starcraft Remastered Thread

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.

Do you play Starcraft Remastered?

Yes
No votes
No
32%
If you don't have the 'craft you can't get the shaft
14%
Why would I play a 20 year old game when I can play a 12 year old game?
14%
Nah too much APM.
11%
The year is 2025. ESOC Mods have taken over the world. Modment Day occurred on September 25th 1998. One leader of reshitpostance stands above the rest. His name is Breeze Connor.
18%
When you learn that jakey is really Pecelot's smurf account and you have been fooled all along.
7%
mhmm giv ur starcraft a good ol remaster
4%

Total votes: 28

You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. NyxAchlys9

Starcraft Remastered Thread

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

Hello,

I've begun to play this quite a bit and I am wondering who else plays this? I've watched Duck play it (He is very good). I want to learn more about the game so I am wondering if there are other people out there who have the remaster. I'm also not sure if you can play the original with the remaster? Like in a 1v1.

If you don't have it already is only 14.99 and its pretty nice what they have done!

I think the amount of detail thats actually gone into it is really exceptional. I think everyone should give it a go. If you want to get the hang of Starcraft, the original is free.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Re: Starcraft Remastered Thread

Post by tedere12 »

Certainly gonna buy it on December, not sure if I want to have access to more games now that school starts :hmm:
Nigeria skelligtone
Crossbow
ESO: asdf

Post by skelligtone »

There are too many options to this poll.

I would not buy another Starcraft game.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:Hello,

I've begun to play this quite a bit and I am wondering who else plays this? I've watched Duck play it (He is very good). I want to learn more about the game so I am wondering if there are other people out there who have the remaster. I'm also not sure if you can play the original with the remaster? Like in a 1v1.

If you don't have it already is only 14.99 and its pretty nice what they have done!

I think the amount of detail thats actually gone into it is really exceptional. I think everyone should give it a go. If you want to get the hang of Starcraft, the original is free.
I was about to post "This must be the best thing you've ever done." Then I realized you aren't pecelot. It's still probably true, though.
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon
ESO: MASTERdutch

Post by blackwidow »

Everytime I play a game of SC:R it feels so clunky that it gets me hyped up to play sc2.
I seriously can't play more than 5 games in a row because I'd just think about the smoothness of sc2 and go to play that instead.
I do like the game though, defilers are fucking amazing.

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

blackwidow wrote:Everytime I play a game of SC:R it feels so clunky that it gets me hyped up to play sc2.
I seriously can't play more than 5 games in a row because I'd just think about the smoothness of sc2 and go to play that instead.

Why would you need smoothness when you just use more APM?
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon

Post by blackwidow »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:
blackwidow wrote:Everytime I play a game of SC:R it feels so clunky that it gets me hyped up to play sc2.

Using apm for uninteresting stuff isn't fun, even if you have another game in which you don't have to do all that stuff (clicking your fucking workers to minerals, grrr)

Post by NyxAchlys9 »

blackwidow wrote:
NyxAchlys9 wrote:

Using apm for stuff that has no meaning but for clunkyness isn't fun, even if you have another game in which you don't have to do all that stuff (clicking your fucking workers to minerals, grrr)

It's quite annoying but you get used to it. My APM has dropped over the years so I find it a bit more challenging of a game. Once you get the hang of it, its not bad. I just miss the old Battlecruisers and Carriers :)
Netherlands blackwidow
Dragoon

Post by blackwidow »

NyxAchlys9 wrote:
blackwidow wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Using apm for stuff that has no meaning but for clunkyness isn't fun, even if you have another game in which you don't have to do all that stuff (clicking your fucking workers to minerals, grrr)

It's quite annoying but you get used to it. My APM has dropped over the years so I find it a bit more challenging of a game. Once you get the hang of it, its not bad. I just miss the old Battlecruisers and Carriers :)

IMO not challenging in the right way
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

blackwidow wrote:
NyxAchlys9 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

IMO not challenging in the right way
Are you a Goodspeed smurf?
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

phpBB [video]

phpBB [video]
duck