User avatar
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
Posts: 1933
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Location: [WPact]

20 Apr 2017, 11:26

Wow, never heard about disallowing wall rebuild when I played nilla nr, but it was a while ago. That's one seriously weird rule.
Image
User avatar
United States of America noissance
Howdah
Posts: 1780
ESO: theheat
Location: United States

21 Apr 2017, 03:41

I see the no tower rule a lot, for obvious reasons.
User avatar
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
Posts: 1761
ESO: Ex-Contributor
Location: New Zealand
Game: AoE Online

21 Apr 2017, 05:59

noissance wrote:I see the no tower rule a lot, for obvious reasons.

pretty easy to deal with if you have mortars. if its nr55 I only go heavy on them if Otto, otherwise I wouldn't bother rebuilding unless shipments or ur defending hard
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
User avatar
Canada _NiceKING_
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
Posts: 1765
ESO: _NiceKING_

21 Apr 2017, 14:03

I've never seen "no tower" rule in TAD

ImageImage

Image
User avatar
Sweden martinspjuth
Skirmisher
Posts: 170
ESO: martinspjuth

21 Apr 2017, 14:47

_NiceKING_ wrote:I've never seen "no tower" rule in TAD

I have, but they are more like "no towers close to hm before treaty ends". Mainly seen on ori or in 1v1 since on small maps or in nr55 towers then can shoot past hm killing units on the enemy's side even before the fight is supposed to start.
User avatar
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
Posts: 8054
ESO: Pezet
Location: Warsaw, Poland

21 Apr 2017, 15:24

As if it was of any relevance... :roll:
Memento: quanto crassior deliciarum causa factus eris, tanto difficilior impressione fugies
Tokugawa Ieyasu :chinese:
User avatar
United States of America noissance
Howdah
Posts: 1780
ESO: theheat
Location: United States

21 Apr 2017, 18:23

_NiceKING_ wrote:I've never seen "no tower" rule in TAD

Vanilla treaty....
User avatar
Canada _NiceKING_
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
Posts: 1765
ESO: _NiceKING_

21 Apr 2017, 18:39

noissance wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:I've never seen "no tower" rule in TAD

Vanilla treaty....

TAD Treaty....

ImageImage

Image
User avatar
United States of America noissance
Howdah
Posts: 1780
ESO: theheat
Location: United States

21 Apr 2017, 21:52

_NiceKING_ wrote:
noissance wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:I've never seen "no tower" rule in TAD

Vanilla treaty....

TAD Treaty....

Treaty in supremacy mode.... (without timer)
User avatar
Canada _NiceKING_
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 01
Posts: 1765
ESO: _NiceKING_

21 Apr 2017, 22:25

noissance wrote:
_NiceKING_ wrote:
noissance wrote:Vanilla treaty....

TAD Treaty....

Treaty in supremacy mode.... (without timer)

Treaty in treaty mode.... (with timer)

ImageImage

Image
User avatar
United States of America noissance
Howdah
Posts: 1780
ESO: theheat
Location: United States

21 Apr 2017, 23:02

Ok u win niceking. I just wanted to say that almost all of the 'nr' games on vanilla have the no tower rule.
United States of America dthrill_08
Musketeer
Posts: 51
ESO: dthrill

24 Apr 2017, 15:37

That is why "corner" fights exist. They do drag on a little longer than regular fights. What I most hate is when you're having a fight and your opponent sends 1 or 2 mortars far away and starts opening a huge gap.... like wtf bro! If you're going to play like that just pick Russian and run. It's bad enough you are using French with engineering school and 94 villie glitch. I hate noobs.
United States of America dthrill_08
Musketeer
Posts: 51
ESO: dthrill

24 Apr 2017, 15:38

noissance wrote:Ok u win niceking. I just wanted to say that almost all of the 'nr' games on vanilla have the no tower rule.


True, it sucks while you're building and have a fully upgraded tower throwing cannon balls lmao.If it's the regular tower it's fine since they do minimal damage.
Nigeria oDanzel
Crossbow
Posts: 19
ESO: jaythenoob

25 Sep 2017, 04:39

Hawk_Girl wrote:1. There is a no running agreement. On one hand there should be really no rules after nr period ends to play the game and see who really is the best player when all bets are on. But I still do quite like this rule still, it's more comfortable and it allows for a more focused gameplay on micro, unit positioning and raw military strategy. HOWEVER!! When you mortar someones walls down, it is considered running if you move in cav and run for eco or something. What the fuck? Learn to defend properly. The agreement should be a head on fight, but if you actually do fight like that and "come in through the front door" you should obv be allowed to make whatever damage you see fit. Connected to point 3 though, tbf.

2. There is no nats allowed. Im fairly indifferent to this agreement. Nats can be fun and add another dimension, but i do understand that they are banned due to unbalanced fights, unless the two nats guys from each team fights each other. It's not the biggest of deals.

3. There is no rewalling allowed. Wtf. Why would you be allowed to make forward towers, stables and raxxes and repair said buildings in main base if they get mortared, but not be able to rewall or wall new in an agressive or defensive manner. I played a game vs a brit player once who, although i raped the main fight and even got into his eco, just owned with walling and lbs and dragging out the game. Sure, the mate I had sucked and I adapted like a pr2 to what he was doing, but still, I did get all their main eco and factories. I wasn't mad at all though, more inspired to learn to wall properly. So in my opinion this rule is only good if you wanna save time, otherwise it just removes a layer of strategy and depth to the game. And if you want short game, dont fucking play nr60.

4. The hypocrisy. Most nr60 players use mods that allow them to zoom out way more than the game normally allows and thereby get a better eye for the game since you can see all the battlefield in one frame. Sure if all in the game has it. But often there is someone little less nr60-nerdy playing that doesnt have it. And then they say you cheat and are a noob if you rewall or run in through main base if you brake the walls.

Now I have no idea if any nr60-players on nilla reads this here but this has been my thoughts and would be fun to hear some input. Ty for letting me flame some.

/Hawk

your thoughts are exactly the same i always have playing nilla even though i dont know the old times
nilla could be alot more fun if it wasnt limited by this rules and strong players coming back in the game to teach :D
User avatar
Switzerland sebnan12
Howdah
Posts: 1149
ESO: Mongobillione
Location: Switzerland

27 Sep 2017, 12:59

nilla ^^
BAE
User avatar
Canada Acolyte
Skirmisher
Posts: 131
Location: Canada

13 Oct 2017, 07:23

Hawk_Girl wrote:1. There is a no running agreement. On one hand there should be really no rules after nr period ends to play the game and see who really is the best player when all bets are on. But I still do quite like this rule still, it's more comfortable and it allows for a more focused gameplay on micro, unit positioning and raw military strategy. HOWEVER!! When you mortar someones walls down, it is considered running if you move in cav and run for eco or something. What the fuck? Learn to defend properly. The agreement should be a head on fight, but if you actually do fight like that and "come in through the front door" you should obv be allowed to make whatever damage you see fit. Connected to point 3 though, tbf.

2. There is no nats allowed. Im fairly indifferent to this agreement. Nats can be fun and add another dimension, but i do understand that they are banned due to unbalanced fights, unless the two nats guys from each team fights each other. It's not the biggest of deals.

3. There is no rewalling allowed. Wtf. Why would you be allowed to make forward towers, stables and raxxes and repair said buildings in main base if they get mortared, but not be able to rewall or wall new in an agressive or defensive manner. I played a game vs a brit player once who, although i raped the main fight and even got into his eco, just owned with walling and lbs and dragging out the game. Sure, the mate I had sucked and I adapted like a pr2 to what he was doing, but still, I did get all their main eco and factories. I wasn't mad at all though, more inspired to learn to wall properly. So in my opinion this rule is only good if you wanna save time, otherwise it just removes a layer of strategy and depth to the game. And if you want short game, dont fucking play nr60.

4. The hypocrisy. Most nr60 players use mods that allow them to zoom out way more than the game normally allows and thereby get a better eye for the game since you can see all the battlefield in one frame. Sure if all in the game has it. But often there is someone little less nr60-nerdy playing that doesnt have it. And then they say you cheat and are a noob if you rewall or run in through main base if you brake the walls.

Now I have no idea if any nr60-players on nilla reads this here but this has been my thoughts and would be fun to hear some input. Ty for letting me flame some.

/Hawk


I totaly Agree with you for everything :D

That why I dont care about their hypocrisy noob rule for nilla nr 60.
I support you at 100 % @Hawk_Girl
User avatar
Canada Acolyte
Skirmisher
Posts: 131
Location: Canada

13 Oct 2017, 07:25

Hawk_Girl wrote:1. There is a no running agreement. On one hand there should be really no rules after nr period ends to play the game and see who really is the best player when all bets are on. But I still do quite like this rule still, it's more comfortable and it allows for a more focused gameplay on micro, unit positioning and raw military strategy. HOWEVER!! When you mortar someones walls down, it is considered running if you move in cav and run for eco or something. What the fuck? Learn to defend properly. The agreement should be a head on fight, but if you actually do fight like that and "come in through the front door" you should obv be allowed to make whatever damage you see fit. Connected to point 3 though, tbf.

2. There is no nats allowed. Im fairly indifferent to this agreement. Nats can be fun and add another dimension, but i do understand that they are banned due to unbalanced fights, unless the two nats guys from each team fights each other. It's not the biggest of deals.

3. There is no rewalling allowed. Wtf. Why would you be allowed to make forward towers, stables and raxxes and repair said buildings in main base if they get mortared, but not be able to rewall or wall new in an agressive or defensive manner. I played a game vs a brit player once who, although i raped the main fight and even got into his eco, just owned with walling and lbs and dragging out the game. Sure, the mate I had sucked and I adapted like a pr2 to what he was doing, but still, I did get all their main eco and factories. I wasn't mad at all though, more inspired to learn to wall properly. So in my opinion this rule is only good if you wanna save time, otherwise it just removes a layer of strategy and depth to the game. And if you want short game, dont fucking play nr60.

4. The hypocrisy. Most nr60 players use mods that allow them to zoom out way more than the game normally allows and thereby get a better eye for the game since you can see all the battlefield in one frame. Sure if all in the game has it. But often there is someone little less nr60-nerdy playing that doesnt have it. And then they say you cheat and are a noob if you rewall or run in through main base if you brake the walls.

Now I have no idea if any nr60-players on nilla reads this here but this has been my thoughts and would be fun to hear some input. Ty for letting me flame some.

/Hawk


I totaly Agree with you for everything :D

That why I dont care about their hypocrisy noob rule for nilla nr 60.
I support you at 100 % @Hawk_Girl

Forum Info

Return to “Treaty Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests