goongoon vs. mitoe

United States of America charlemango
Musketeer
ESO: 2ndLastKnight

Emails

Post by charlemango »

Anyone who signs up for a tournament should give their email to the admin team. That's not a big ask and would make contacting players so much easier.
Germany koenigerik1
Pro Player
ESO: snowww

Re: goongoon vs. mitoe

Post by koenigerik1 »

Kaiserklein wrote:Rules about vetoes need to be stricter, it's really not fair that you know the map pool only 1 day before.

Goon also vetoed the 2 maps in our series like 5 hours before our matches. On the other hand i knew he just started to practise right away then, thats why i wasnt complaining that.
I mean, ofc you wont vetoe maps on monday, when you know you can just start practise on saturday. I personally just know what I've to vetoe when im practising (because then im thinking about what i might play on which map etc).

Im pretty sure Mitoe has been practising all the week long, while goongoon just took a look at the map pool like yesterday when he told Mitoe what he vetoes.
Now we probably do have the case Mitoe played on maps which got veoted now, but goon hasnt even played at all. So its actually fair.

It would be another call if goongoon was playing every day and he knew exactly what hes going to veto but is just waiting with it, but im very sure it hasnt been like that.

but whatever, gl in finals to both of you!
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Re: Emails

Post by gibson »

charlemango wrote:Anyone who signs up for a tournament should give their email to the admin team. That's not a big ask and would make contacting players so much easier.
email in 2k18 FailFish
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

rafamundez wrote:
zoom wrote:Can I get some ESOC moderating up in this!?

Yeah this is kind of ridiculous...

A last minute time set for the Autumn Championship? No idea what the other 2 vetoed maps are? How much viewership do the FINALS need to lose before ESOC mods step up and take control of the situation? It looks highly unprofessional IMO and makes ESOC look disorganized.

Hopefully something will get set very soon
I mean this thread is 1% scheduling and ESOC moderating is wanted.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

koenigerik1 wrote:Goon also vetoed the 2 maps in our series like 5 hours before our matches. On the other hand i knew he just started to practise right away then, thats why i wasnt complaining that.
I mean, ofc you wont vetoe maps on monday, when you know you can just start practise on saturday. I personally just know what I've to vetoe when im practising (because then im thinking about what i might play on which map etc).

Im pretty sure Mitoe has been practising all the week long, while goongoon just took a look at the map pool like yesterday when he told Mitoe what he vetoes.
Now we probably do have the case Mitoe played on maps which got veoted now, but goon hasnt even played at all. So its actually fair.

It would be another call if goongoon was playing every day and he knew exactly what hes going to veto but is just waiting with it, but im very sure it hasnt been like that.

I see your point, but I don't think how much and how early the players practice should matter. I think it's part of the competition to train hard, especially for the finals. Unfortunately for goongoon, if he doesn't have time to practice, it's his business. If Mitoe wants to practice, he should be able to. And yeah, it makes it much harder to practice when you don't know your exact map pool, so it probably hurt Mitoe's practice.

Plus, it is impossible for ESOC to check if goongoon was practicing or not, so like you said, he could just be training hard while knowing the map pool, and then vetoing a map the day before the series. The rules need to prevent that kind of stuff from happening. Though I also don't believe it's what goongoon is doing, I think he's just busy.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I find vetoing on time hard too. If you're not practising or thinking about the match up yet its hard to decide what to veto and then you might end up forgetting.

By the rules though, the vetoes should go to mitoe. But often the other player accepts the later vetoes out of sportmanship/generally being nive like erik did.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

I know plenty of people who are busy in their daily lives but none of them would be unable to specify a time to play a video game finals for a couple of hours a full week in advance. Goongoon is unable, and when he does give a time it's always very loose. People who work with a tight schedule don't set loose times.
So it's looking like some Samwise12 level dodging right here.