Age of Empires Is Back in 4K

Russia yurashic
Howdah
ESO: Yurashic

Re: Age of Empires Is Back in 4K

Post by yurashic »

Did the developers of AOE3DE and the business team of ESOC ever try to contact each other?
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

yurashic wrote:Did the developers of AOE3DE and the business team of ESOC ever try to contact each other?
It is not yet known who will develop AoE3:DE, at least as far as official statements go.
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

I just hope it's not the Forgotten Jizz-rags.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Also, if I could sign an NDA, I would soooooooooo happy...
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Tbh I think that whatever team that will do AoE3 DE will need to comminicate with ESOC otherwise they will totally screw up AoE3 DE. Forgotten Empires for example is not familiar at all with AoE3.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

gamevideo113 wrote:Tbh I think that whatever team that will do AoE3 DE will need to comminicate with ESOC otherwise they will totally screw up AoE3 DE. Forgotten Empires for example is not familiar at all with AoE3.

I think that too.

Well ESOC better get on it -- it's all up to ESOC and just ESOC! If DE sux imma boycott ESOC!
No Flag Odux
Crossbow
ESO: odux

Post by Odux »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Odux wrote:
Garja wrote:Well aoe1 pretty disappointing anyway to me. Aoe2 too tbh. Let's hope aoe3de will be cool and bring new people.

Aoe2 > aoe3. But the graphic is ugly, too much ugly. Aoe2 hd can't support a gaming Monitor, that's really sux

I really don't see any reasons why AoE2 would be better than AoE3, except for the nostalgic feelings you get when playing it I guess

i find aoe2 better in micro, macro, well-belanced, more strategies
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

More micro/macro, probably. More balanced, maybe. More strategies, hell no.
Image Image Image
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

What does "better" micro/macro even mean?
momuuu wrote: ↑theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Odux wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I really don't see any reasons why AoE2 would be better than AoE3, except for the nostalgic feelings you get when playing it I guess

Micro can be a fair point, probably the micro in aoe2 is more fun than the micro in aoe3.
Macro is harder in aoe2 since you don't have unit batches, drop off points and bla bla bla but i think it is rather a matter of preference, i guess macro has more depth in aoe2 but this doesn't automatically mean that it is better. "Better", in fact, is a very vague term.
Well balanced... lol honesty the original aoc is really far from balanced. I guess that since all the civs are more similar it is a bit more balanced than aoe3, but it's like saying that -30° celsius is warmer than -31°.
Lastly, more strategies is just absurd. In aoe2 you have like 10 different feudal age openings that you can use with basically any civ. In aoe3 let's say that every civ has on average 3 different openings, we are already at 3x14 which makes 42.

I love both aoe2 and aoe3, and i think it is kind of wrong to compare them since they are quite different games. Many people just stick to one of the two and overlook the good aspects of the other.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

aoe1 Kreygasm
No Flag Odux
Crossbow

Post by Odux »

gamevideo113 wrote:
Odux wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Micro can be a fair point, probably the micro in aoe2 is more fun than the micro in aoe3.
Macro is harder in aoe2 since you don't have unit batches, drop off points and bla bla bla but i think it is rather a matter of preference, i guess macro has more depth in aoe2 but this doesn't automatically mean that it is better. "Better", in fact, is a very vague term.
Well balanced... lol honesty the original aoc is really far from balanced. I guess that since all the civs are more similar it is a bit more balanced than aoe3, but it's like saying that -30° celsius is warmer than -31°.
Lastly, more strategies is just absurd. In aoe2 you have like 10 different feudal age openings that you can use with basically any civ. In aoe3 let's say that every civ has on average 3 different openings, we are already at 3x14 which makes 42.

I love both aoe2 and aoe3, and i think it is kind of wrong to compare them since they are quite different games. Many people just stick to one of the two and overlook the good aspects of the other.

have u played age 2 on hight levels? not a flame, just a question man
No Flag Odux
Crossbow

Post by Odux »

Garja wrote:More micro/macro, probably. More balanced, maybe. More strategies, hell no.

have u ever played age 2? i mean years, not just 1-2 times
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Have you ever played aoe3, i mean years?
Image Image Image
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Odux wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I am 1600 on voobly
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag Odux
Crossbow

Post by Odux »

Garja wrote:Have you ever played aoe3, i mean years?

If you know flame clan maybe you know who i'm. You don't look smart aswering in that way. If you have not played aoe2 you know nothing about the game, why speaking so?
No Flag Odux
Crossbow

Post by Odux »

gamevideo113 wrote:
Odux wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I am 1600 on voobly

I meant when aoe2 was played in 2000-2001. Is it good on vobly actually? If my memory not make me wrong, 1400 is the starting elo. Right man? How i can play on vobly?
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

Odux wrote:

If you know flame clan maybe you know who i'm. You don't look smart aswering in that way. If you have not played aoe2 you know nothing about the game, why speaking so?

And you don't look really smart trying to argue that aoe3 is worse than aoe2 in an aoe3 forum.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Odux wrote:

I didn't really play aoe2 much but watched a number of high level aoc games and strategically it's always more of the same. Hence my answer. AOE3 just has more strategy depth by design with unique civs, cards, and in general more unique game mechanics.
Image Image Image
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah

Post by gamevideo113 »

Odux wrote:
gamevideo113 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I am 1600 on voobly

I meant when aoe2 was played in 2000-2001. Is it good on vobly actually? If my memory not make me wrong, 1400 is the starting elo. Right man? How i can play on vobly?

I was 2 when AoE2 was released, so no, i didn't play it back then. If you don't know voobly you probably haven't been around in the AoE2 community for the last decade or so...
Anyway yea, voobly is a good platform and the starting ELO is 1200. You can google it, the download and installation is easy.
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag Odux
Crossbow

Post by Odux »

gamevideo113 wrote:
Odux wrote:
Show hidden quotes

I was 2 when AoE2 was released, so no, i didn't play it back then. If you don't know voobly you probably haven't been around in the AoE2 community for the last decade or so...
Anyway yea, voobly is a good platform and the starting ELO is 1200. You can google it, the download and installation is easy.

Yeah i stopped age saga on 2007-2008. Thanks for the news man, i will check it
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

I looked at the 22MB pix https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2018/01/18/ ... bruary-20/

And on a 4K screen I zoomed in 300% and the details looked absolutely fantastic. I totally disagree with the previous comments about how bad it looks. It looks great. I don't know anything about the gameplay yet but it will be nice to play this in UHD graphics.

This is at 300% zoom.

No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

I've just played my first game on AOE1 DE and I am sold. The entire experience was great and I especially loved the graphic details. Just need to study the tech tree now.
It is much much better than I had expected it to be which probably spells some good news for aoe3 DE as well. It really feels like I'm finally getting my money's worth out of my card and GBs of RAM, which we all know our beloved aoe3 marginally made use of GPU and RAM always at that 30% mark...:/. And I can play Choson !

If Aoe1 = 17 GB file and requires 16 GB RAM to play then
Aoe3 DE= 51 GB file and will require 48 RAM :-)
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah, apparently they replaced game assets with ones that look good in 4K.

So they sort of tried to make the game futureproof for a number of years. Not everyone can play in 4K right now, anyways.
No Flag Radix_Lecti
Dragoon

Post by Radix_Lecti »

ermmm... seems a bit repetitive cuz all units are the same just the stats differ and to see Chinese Shang dynasty Hoplites is so ....wrong.
Awesome graphics Triremes and fish look gorgeous, but hopefully on launch unique units will b added? ill check