Post by macacoalbino »

Ye, give them 6speed and 75% RR

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Re: Portuguese Discussion Thread

Post by Garja »

It makes sense, with the intent to makes Ports a bit less food dependant, to change the cost of Cassadors rather than the cost of vills.
Not only there is more arbitrariness in tweaking unit stats rather than vill stats (for an obvious matter of consistency), but also Cassas are weirdly food heavy for a skirm unit type.
I suggest changing cassas cost from 80f 35g to 70f 35g. Obviously this change isn't exactly the same as the villager cost discount (for a number of reasons) but in the end has a similar effect, plus it opens up the possibility of buffing 8Cassador card to 9Cassador card.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

since when are cassadors bad
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Just look at their stats, they are far from being amazing (many euro unique units are way more characteristic like longbows in comparison to xbows, cuirs in comparison to huss etc).
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Hazza54321 wrote:since when are cassadors bad

They are not better than skirms in ranged fights, but they are way worse against falcs or cav
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Germany Lukas_L99
Pro Player
Donator 01
ESO: Lukas_L99

Post by Lukas_L99 »

Kaiserklein wrote:

They are not better than skirms in ranged fights, but they are way worse against falcs or cav

Why are they not better in ranged fights? More dmg, speed and resistance in exchange for a little less hp.
I understand they suck vs anything else, but in ranged fights they seem pretty good. Also theyre cheaper than skirms.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

There's really no reason to change ports, they're in a good place. Focus on the civs that are rated too high and too low.
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

Cassa - 126 vs -17 atk - 4.5 speed - 210 ranged hp - 105 melee hp
Skirm - 144 vs - 18 atk - 4 speed - 206 ranged hp - 144 melee hp

I see that ports are in a good spot now, but imo a change to cassa is at least worth discussing.
(Vs calculated with HD, ST and PM)
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

ports preserve mines for so long whats the issue with cass, theyre so cheap compared to skirm
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Cassas are not bad. I think there is just some room to tweak them accordingly to overall desired Port balance.
The reason to tweak cassas is mainly to revert the vill cost discount.
The rationale behind it is basically, make vill consistent with other civs and instead buff Port army-wise in fortress.
I dont expect many players appreciating this, since civ seems to be fallen in the "it is in a good spot don't change it" category. Next time you face Ports eco crazily ramping up in 1v1 or team game remember of this.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lukas_L99 wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:

Why are they not better in ranged fights? More dmg, speed and resistance in exchange for a little less hp.
I understand they suck vs anything else, but in ranged fights they seem pretty good. Also theyre cheaper than skirms.

Less damage, more speed, more resistance but way less hp actually. The ranged hp is basically the same, but the melee or siege hp is way worse.
Cassa got 105 hp and 105/035=210 ranged hp, skirm got 144 hp and 144/0.7=205.6 ranged hp... And skirm got +1 attack
Just try 1 skirm vs 1 cassa anyway, you will see they kill each other in the same amount of shots, so cassadores arent better at range than skirms.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

WickedCossack wrote:There's really no reason to change ports, they're in a good place. Focus on the civs that are rated too high and too low.

/Thread
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Kaiserklein wrote:
Lukas_L99 wrote:
Show hidden quotes

Less damage, more speed, more resistance but way less hp actually. The ranged hp is basically the same, but the melee or siege hp is way worse.
Cassa got 105 hp and 105/035=210 ranged hp, skirm got 144 hp and 144/0.7=205.6 ranged hp... And skirm got +1 attack
Just try 1 skirm vs 1 cassa anyway, you will see they kill each other in the same amount of shots, so cassadores arent better at range than skirms.

Arent cassadores a bit cheaper?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Maybe around 5% cheaper or so because they cost food instead of gold, but it also sucks for ports to deplete their food so fast. I don't think it makes up for their hp though
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

In order to benefit from cassas reduced price you need to reach age 3 first. That's not gonna happen easily if vill price gets reverted.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

Thing is Port is designed so that they can always reach fortress. In the very worst case with a naked FF. In the average game with a decent semi FF. Eco theory 700g 600g is pretty much on par with other 5 huss/10 musk semis, for reference.
I once proposed +100f at start since Ports sometimes are short on aging with 13v which they need to be competitive. But it was discarded in favor of vill discount.
Image Image Image
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

man early colonial is gonna suck so hard for port if u have a cass change compensated for 100f vills, main reason why theyre not competitive on re is due to being unable to get a decent setup, granted it does scale quite hard but its like japan but jap isnt exactly op either
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Hazza54321 wrote:man early colonial is gonna suck so hard for port if u have a cass change compensated for 100f vills, main reason why theyre not competitive on re is due to being unable to get a decent setup, granted it does scale quite hard but its like japan but jap isnt exactly op either

Vill price reduction fixes almost all port problems, but I still dislike it, because its not their civ bonus, nor is it in correspondence with their identity. I would like to see it reverted and changed to something else, with similar effect....
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

Atomiswave wrote:
Hazza54321 wrote:man early colonial is gonna suck so hard for port if u have a cass change compensated for 100f vills, main reason why theyre not competitive on re is due to being unable to get a decent setup, granted it does scale quite hard but its like japan but jap isnt exactly op either

Vill price reduction fixes almost all port problems, but I still dislike it, because its not their civ bonus, nor is it in correspondence with their identity. I would like to see it reverted and changed to something else, with similar effect....

i also want karni mata teepees reverted and to dance on rainbows but we cant always get what we want
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Hazza54321 wrote:
Atomiswave wrote:

i also want karni mata teepees reverted and to dance on rainbows but we cant always get what we want

Karni mata teepees is much more original and better thought out fix. It even fits Sioux in a way, not needing houses and having teepees instead which were underused.

85 f vills is very straightforward fix that does what it does, without adding any new interesting mechanic and features to the civ.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

EP should feel like a balanced RE patch. Not like another patch.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Id say never touch port again. The change might 'feel' silly but we should think not feel. It simply fixes everything about ports.

And I do feel its in line with them on RE. Its just that using your civ bonus on RE sometimes feels like you're punishing yourself.
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

At least ep team should update civ descriptions accordingly, so it says Ports have cheaper vills.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Why do we have to stare us blind on shit like that? Its just some arbitrary factor that nobody will look at yet somehow it makes the most succesful change of ep bad.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player

Post by Hazza54321 »

the karni mata teepees is deleting a civ and making another like a mod but sure lets keep it