This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
User avatar
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer
Posts: 668

13 Mar 2018, 15:21

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43388723

Donald Trump has fired Secretory of State Rex Tillerson and replaced him with CIA director Mike Pompeo. This comes after Rex Tillerson condemned Russia for the nerve agent attack on UK soil. Why did Trump fire Tillerson?
Image
Greece tedere12
Jaeger
Posts: 2848
ESO: Tedere12
Location: Greece
Game: AoE Online
GameRanger Id: 4253320

13 Mar 2018, 15:28

I read Sex instead of Rex so I clicked this thread. Clickbait!
Image
User avatar
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Posts: 4516
ESO: mr_bramboy
Location: Amsterdam

13 Mar 2018, 15:29

Good. The fewer Americans in the administration, the better.
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 5712

13 Mar 2018, 15:39

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Good. The fewer Americans in the administration, the better.

:bait:
how we yearn for peace and teeth and latch to teat
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 7310
Location: USA

13 Mar 2018, 15:50

Brams so racist towards americans why is he allowed on staff ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?
User avatar
Greece Googol
Lancer
Posts: 861
ESO: Butifle
Location: Prague

13 Mar 2018, 15:51

gibson wrote:Brams so racist towards americans why is he allowed on staff ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?


He’s not the staff anymore. I think
User avatar
India gh0st
Lancer
Posts: 651
ESO: gh0st007
Location: India

13 Mar 2018, 16:09

Googol wrote:
gibson wrote:Brams so racist towards americans why is he allowed on staff ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?


He’s not the staff anymore. I think

Good. The fewer Dutchies in the staff, the better.
User avatar
Tuvalu gibson
Gendarme
Posts: 7310
Location: USA

13 Mar 2018, 16:11

ah i guess they kicked him for being every sort of ist in the book
User avatar
Great Britain InsectPoison
Lancer
Posts: 668

13 Mar 2018, 16:14

Mr_Bramboy wrote:Good. The fewer Americans in the administration, the better.


Bit ironic how you used to throw shit at the basement for baiting in threads but you seem to be doing the same in every thread now.
Image
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Jaeger
iwillspankyou
Posts: 3141

13 Mar 2018, 16:19

The big question is who is replacing him, and that is not good news. >Pompeo, who was the head of CIA. Hmm, wonder how his view on Iran is? Big trouble I would say, and the danger of war with Iran are increasing dramatically.

Trump to the New York Post:
“I actually got along well with Rex but really it was a different mind-set, a different thinking,” Trump said as he departed the White House for a trip to California. “When you look at the Iran deal, I think it’s terrible. I guess he thought it was OK . . . So we were not really thinking the same. With Mike, Mike Pompeo, we have a very similar thought process. I think it’s going to go very well.”


Who will replace Pompeo? I will tell you; its a person who ran a secret prison in Thailand, Gina Haspel.

So now the former leader of CIA will be running USA foreign polecy! And a former torturist will be running CIA.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 3598
ESO: Gendarme

13 Mar 2018, 16:24

InsectPoison wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:Good. The fewer Americans in the administration, the better.


Bit ironic how you used to throw shit at the basement for baiting in threads but you seem to be doing the same in every thread now.
"now" is key here.
Image
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
User avatar
Norway iwillspankyou
Jaeger
iwillspankyou
Posts: 3141

13 Mar 2018, 16:35

Gendarme wrote:
InsectPoison wrote:
Mr_Bramboy wrote:Good. The fewer Americans in the administration, the better.


Bit ironic how you used to throw shit at the basement for baiting in threads but you seem to be doing the same in every thread now.
"now" is key here.


Esoc team, rhymes with troll mashine
odd, isnt it :P
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
User avatar
Kiribati SirCallen
Gendarme
Posts: 5712

13 Mar 2018, 17:03

We haven't even had a good basement thread in ages :( They do trolling with taste. Bram's attempts recently are just bad and have no redeeming value.
how we yearn for peace and teeth and latch to teat
User avatar
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
Posts: 2590
ESO: edeholland
Location: Not ede
GameRanger Id: 4053888

13 Mar 2018, 17:59

gh0st wrote:
Googol wrote:
gibson wrote:Brams so racist towards americans why is he allowed on staff ?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?


He’s not the staff anymore. I think

Good. The fewer Dutchies in the staff, the better.

Only 2 out of 5 left, is this really what you want? :sad:
Whiteboards are remarkable
Not living in Ede
--- h2o Rip ---
In the beginning ESOC was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
User avatar
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
Posts: 3598
ESO: Gendarme

13 Mar 2018, 18:00

I consider @XeeleeFlower Dutch.
Image
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
User avatar
No Flag Jam
Howdah
Posts: 1435
Location: in my helmet

13 Mar 2018, 18:12

InsectPoison wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-43388723

Donald Trump has fired Secretory of State Rex Tillerson and replaced him with CIA director Mike Pompeo. This comes after Rex Tillerson condemned Russia for the nerve agent attack on UK soil. Why did Trump fire Tillerson?
This runs deep.

Image
The cure for worrying is doing.
Image
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4220

13 Mar 2018, 22:39

To be on topic, he was fired for not appeasing Russia enough. Our President is loyal to another government, and the overwhelming majority of his party is complicit in that. We're sort of in uncharted waters here... Hoping the Europeans can take the lead in championing liberal democracy.
User avatar
No Flag bigsmoke
Skirmisher
Posts: 173
ESO: Yvan_Le_Bon

13 Mar 2018, 23:00

iwillspankyou wrote:The big question is who is replacing him, and that is not good news. >Pompeo, who was the head of CIA. Hmm, wonder how his view on Iran is? Big trouble I would say, and the danger of war with Iran are increasing dramatically.

Trump to the New York Post:
“I actually got along well with Rex but really it was a different mind-set, a different thinking,” Trump said as he departed the White House for a trip to California. “When you look at the Iran deal, I think it’s terrible. I guess he thought it was OK . . . So we were not really thinking the same. With Mike, Mike Pompeo, we have a very similar thought process. I think it’s going to go very well.”


Who will replace Pompeo? I will tell you; its a person who ran a secret prison in Thailand, Gina Haspel.

So now the former leader of CIA will be running USA foreign polecy! And a former torturist will be running CIA.

:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:


Unfortunately there is nothing former about torture in the CIA.

As for war, I don't think it would be very good for the US to step into Iran. War in the Middle East has never turnout well for them, and their friends are decreasing somewhat.
~~ pecelot rip ~~
User avatar
No Flag lejend
Lancer
Posts: 878

14 Mar 2018, 00:32

fightinfrenchman wrote:To be on topic, he was fired for not appeasing Russia enough.


Unlikely. A likelier explanation is that his humble, restrained personality didn't mesh well with Trump's. Trump apparently didn't like Tillerson defending the Iran nuclear deal and calling him a moron. They've been feuding for months and this has long been expected.

Tillerson did a very excellent job at State. Pompeo is very tough on Muslims, but time will tell whether he'll able to translate that into policy.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4220

14 Mar 2018, 00:59

lejend wrote:Pompeo is very tough on Muslims, but time will tell whether he'll able to translate that into policy.


What does "tough on Muslims" even mean?
Greece tedere12
Jaeger
Posts: 2848
ESO: Tedere12
Location: Greece
Game: AoE Online
GameRanger Id: 4253320

14 Mar 2018, 01:07

fightinfrenchman wrote:
lejend wrote:Pompeo is very tough on Muslims, but time will tell whether he'll able to translate that into policy.


What does "tough on Muslims" even mean?

he thinks 9 years old is not a good age of consent
Image
User avatar
No Flag lejend
Lancer
Posts: 878

14 Mar 2018, 01:38

fightinfrenchman wrote:
lejend wrote:Pompeo is very tough on Muslims, but time will tell whether he'll able to translate that into policy.


What does "tough on Muslims" even mean?


He is pretty big on combating Iran and the Muslim Brotherhood. He has advocated for declaring the latter a terrorist organization (as countless countries already have), ripping up the nuclear agreement with Khamenei, and much more.
User avatar
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Jaeger
Donator 03
Posts: 4220

14 Mar 2018, 01:48

If that's what you meant, you picked a strange way to phrase it.
User avatar
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
Posts: 13359
Location: Utrecht, The Netherlands

14 Mar 2018, 10:31

SirCallen wrote:We haven't even had a good basement thread in ages :( They do trolling with taste. Bram's attempts recently are just bad and have no redeeming value.

If you dont like it just dont read it.

"When life give you incompetence, participate in the betting" - Jerom, winner of autumn betting, 2016
"but wer eyiu playig a gainst someone as magnificent as jerom? thats wha ti thogutb jerom is a beaaitful human being"- Mr_Bramboy

Forum Info

Return to “Real-life Discussion”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest