Coming Out

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

Coming Out

Post by medinos »

Some of you remember me of random things, but I always wanted to come out about something that was in my feelings and heart since I felt something.
I love boys after I had a kiss with a boy I changed as a person I felt more happy than ever.
Im really affraid to come out to my parents because it is killing me i can not love girls I do not feel to them anything even if I try Im lost sometimes help me....
United States of America Cometk
Retired Contributor

Re: Coming Out

Post by Cometk »

hey bud. you don't necessarily have to come out to your family. it can be very liberating, however if you don't want to take the risk, you can start by focusing on how you feel about yourself. do what makes you feel right. at the end of the day, you're not hurting anyone because you're homosexual, so why should you feel bad about it? i have a kink that, growing up, confused me a lot, but i came to terms with it on my own over time. i disclosed it with some close friends and the general reaction was supportive. your sexuality doesn't need to define your identity! it's just a small part of you; do what makes you happy and the people around you will come to accept who you are.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I wouldn't tell your parents if you think they won't be accepting of you. It's 2k18, most westernized cultures are fine with homosexuality. That being said, many people aren't and if you come out there will be people who dislike you for it. It's important for you to stay true to yourself, and not try to change because you feel like you have to fit in with the people around you.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

I support you, medinos, and your pursuit of happiness.

There will be those who will attempt to renounce you for merely being yourself -- what a sad and confused notion this is.

"Be convinced that to be happy means to be free and that to be free means to be brave." -Thucydides

This is a difficult and scary time. But there is nothing wrong with the person you are. Be proud of yourself. And good luck :smile:
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

Post by sirmusket »

medinos wrote:Some of you remember me of random things, but I always wanted to come out about something that was in my feelings and heart since I felt something.
I love boys after I had a kiss with a boy I changed as a person I felt more happy than ever.
Im really affraid to come out to my parents because it is killing me i can not love girls I do not feel to them anything even if I try Im lost sometimes help me....

I knew it from the first time I talked to you lel
Czech Republic Googol
Retired Contributor
ESO: Butifle

Post by Googol »

As long as you’re not in Russia or any Slavic/Eastern country, people will accept you for who you are.

Do what you have to do to be happy ;)
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

Googol wrote:As long as you’re not in Russia or any Slavic/Eastern country, people will accept you for who you are.

That is not a very accurate statement tbh.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

Googol wrote:As long as you’re not in Russia or any Slavic/Eastern country, people will accept you for who you are.

I was just about to say this ^^
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Hmm
[Sith] - Baphomet
Spain Snuden
Jaeger
ESO: Snuden

Post by Snuden »

Yea, don't tell your parents.
[Sith] - Baphomet
No Flag kami_ryu
Retired Contributor

Post by kami_ryu »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

@medinos Despite what some shitty people may say there is nothing wrong with being gay. Obviously it's up to you if you want to reveal that to family/friends, and that depends on how such a thing is viewed in your culture.

Assuming you're not trolling, I hope this experience gives you the opportunity to empathize with other groups/peoples who have been discriminated against given your history of posts here.
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger

Post by sirmusket »

fightinfrenchman wrote:@medinos Despite what some shitty people may say there is nothing wrong with being gay. Obviously it's up to you if you want to reveal that to family/friends, and that depends on how such a thing is viewed in your culture.

Assuming you're not trolling, I hope this experience gives you the opportunity to empathize with other groups/peoples who have been discriminated against given your history of posts here.

wow mod the fucking :ear: already
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

@lejend ofc I'm talking about you. Maybe homophobic isn't the right word. I'll go with uneducated and ignorant instead.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

An endearing thread before the relentless and arbitrary moral condemnation from lejend.

I want to voice my support, again, medinos, for your rightful pursuit of happiness. It is possible you feel you have no one to confess these feelings to in real life. I am touched by your decision to share such feelings here. I pray such an experience, while not without its unfortunate trials, has left you with a positive experience in some way or another.

There's a lot of support from a lot of users sadly being out-typed by a misguided individual.
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

lejend wrote:
deleted_user wrote:An endearing thread before the relentless and arbitrary moral condemnation from lejend.

I want to voice my support, again, medinos, for your rightful pursuit of happiness. It is possible you feel you have no one to confess these feelings to in real life. I am touched by your decision to share such feelings here. I pray such an experience, while not without its unfortunate trials, has left you with a positive experience in some way or another.

There's a lot of support from a lot of users sadly being out-typed by a misguided individual.

Where is the "condemnation"?

Your virtue signaling has been noted. You're an angel, Callen. We simple mortals can only hope to be half as moral as you are.

Do you have more to add?

Just offering my support.
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

Could we please keep the discussion about how to come out to your family. How does one tell their parents, family, and friends something difficult and something that they feel will be met negatively? I am thinking of splitting this thread into a separate topic.
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

XeeleeFlower wrote:Could we please keep the discussion about how to come out to your family. How does one tell their parents, family, and friends something difficult and something that they feel will be met negatively? I am thinking of splitting this thread into a separate topic.

Please do :flowers:
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
No Flag lejend
Jaeger

Post by lejend »

-
Italy gamevideo113
Howdah
ESO: gamevideo113

Post by gamevideo113 »

lejend wrote:Whether he acts on it is up to him, but he should know that he has other options besides being gay. He should also know what to expect if he goes through with it. This is giving him advice. It might not be the advice that everyone likes, but a lot of gay people wish people had given it to them. Heck, if I didn't care, I would've just ignored the thread. If he wants it, though, then of course this can be moved to a new thread.

gamevideo113 wrote:@lejend i suggest you to watch "Call me by your name". It's a great movie.

I read the plot but couldn't figure out what I'm supposed to see? Seems like just an empty affair with no point.

I suggested you to watch the movie, not to read the plot :smile:
Btw, i think you are mistaken in believing that one own's sexual orientation is bound to one's willpower. It can change, sure. Nobody can simply decide it though.

Also, for medinos: what you should do really depends on the people you have around. If they really care about you they will accept every aspect of you, from what they like the most, to what they might like less. I don't know the context you live in, so i can't tell you exactly what i think you should do, but keep that in mind. It might not be easy, but pursuing happyness is always worth the effort in the end :smile:
Now that i'm at it i will suggest you too to watch "Call me by your name", i don't want to say it was an enlightening experience for me, but it definitely gave me a whole new perspective on things.
[Some people aspire to be pr30+, some people aspire to have fun, and some people aspire to play 3v3 Deccan.] - vividlyplain - 2019 Who (nationality) rape ?
stupid logic. noob players can say op?
toxic, Insult, Racism ?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

lejend wrote:think we should wait for medinos to get back before deciding this thread's topic, creating a new one, etc. It's still medinos' thread and he gets to decide what he wants to be discussed here. So let's not decide for him.
he decided in the title and the first post,so go derail some other thread
United States of America XeeleeFlower
Retired Contributor
Xeelee Patron

Post by XeeleeFlower »

@medinos If you're still living with your parents and feel that they will react in a negative way, don't tell them now. Wait until you have moved out of their house and are able to support yourself financially and emotionally. If you already have moved out, I would wait until you're in a neutral surroundings where they aren't able to shame you and cause you to feel bad. Take them out to dinner. Bring a trusted friend with you. Don't let your parents find out from someone else. You need to be the one that tells them. It's very important for your future trust with each other.

If I may ask, why are you afraid to come out to your parents? Do they have negative reactions towards other sexualities? Do you have other siblings, and if so, do they know? Do you think that they will stand by your side, or do you feel that they will react negatively?

Everyone else, discuss sexuality here: viewtopic.php?f=315&t=14053
Time is wise and our wounds seem to heal to the rhythm of aging,
But our past is a ghost fading out that at night it’s still haunting.

http://www.galactanet.com/oneoff/theegg_mod.html