explorer fast shooting

United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Re: explorer fast shooting

Post by _H2O »

Just to clarify for events.

Anyone doing this in an event will get a game loss at a minimum. This is already in the rules and it is the players responsibility to know the rules.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Do you, by chance, mean "game loss"?
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

zoom wrote:Do you, by chance, mean "game loss"?

Yes TY. fixed it.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

So did tit get a game loss vs kaiser?
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

He got a wall around his bh, it's enough of a punishment
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Bhutan jgals
Lancer
ESO: OstiferButthole

Post by jgals »

didn't know you could do that but then again i dont use puny european explorers
Netherlands Bachscharfschütze
Skirmisher
ESO: michel103

Post by Bachscharfschütze »

what if i do it on a 3v3 deccan with master sergeants tho?
''brits c'est vraiment une civ de fdp''
- Kaiserklein, 2018
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Bachscharfschütze wrote:what if i do it on a 3v3 deccan with master sergeants tho?

Then it's totally fine.
Anyone can just do it in random games, same as alt d.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Game features, both!
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

[Armag] diarouga wrote:
Bachscharfschütze wrote:what if i do it on a 3v3 deccan with master sergeants tho?

Then it's totally fine.

Thats right, encourage people to do them
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Hazza54321 wrote:
[Armag] diarouga wrote:

Then it's totally fine.

Thats right, encourage people to do them

I don't mind people doing it honestly, and if I could I would actually do it.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

And thank Me you are not in a position to make decisions.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

Just a lamer mentality tbh. Use everything and anything you can for the win. Doesn't matter if it's cheat
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

haker nob mentality
Pay more attention to detail.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

I want to remind to everyone that oos is also a game feature, a very misunderstood one.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

In this case the aoe community really does lack something. Some people give some generally poorly phrased arguments which basically imply any sort of bug abuse is cheating. Someone then comes up with a great counterargument against the general line of reasoning, and nobody even tries to tackle it. A few pages later theres someone saying he doesnt mind the usage of it himself and as response garja - the mothafucking god of ridiculous and controversial opinions (read: probably shouldnt be in charhe of any decision makings - flames someone literally just presenting an opinion by saying the most ironous thing he could possibly say.

Almost as if this is all intended to be a parody on general gaming forums.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

I'm not going to take more seriously than 1 post reply someone who thinks bug exploit isn't cheating. As said, it's the same treatment that deserve those who think global warming is up to debate.
Besides, the fact that you dont like me dont make my arguments any less good.
Image Image Image
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

So, then, onto the point: theres plenty of weird behaviour in aoe3 that people use frequently to their advantage. For some reason, tricks regarding the explorer are all being blindly put in the book of cheating because their are 'bug exploits' which apperantly are the same as cheats - at least according to people here. Yet, the weird thing about this is that in tons of other games bugs are often considered first before banning them. Sometimes a buggy interaction turns out to actually be beneficial to gameplay. Look for example at scourge tracking in broodwar or wall pillars in age of empires 2. Some bugs are considered bad for gameplay, for example because they disturb balance or make the game without a doubt less fun. For example, in dark souls 1 there is a bug that allows you to buff a weapon that you shouldnt be able to buff, which disrupts balancing. There are tons of examples of buggy or weird interactions that probably werent quite intentional amd have found their way into gaming. Its sad that the aoe3 community selectively decides alt d and this bug are cheats because abusing bugs is per definition cheating - a statement that is simply straight up false.

Instead, one should actively discuss if this necessarily is a bad bug. If macro abuse is ignored, I actually think its fine. Cool in the early game and way too hard to do in larger fights. Honestly, if my opponent could use this in a serious fight to his advantage Id praise him because that seems like an awesome display of skill.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Garja wrote:I'm not going to take more seriously than 1 post reply someone who thinks bug exploit is cheating. As said, it's the same treatment that deserve those who think global warming is up to debate.
Besides, the fact that you dont like me dont make my arguments any less good.

Oh but garja, you yourself deserve the same treatment as those who think global warming is up to debate.

The funny thing about you, just like with those global warming debates, is that its always hard to resist a debate with you. And then afterwards youre sad you tried to bring logic to that debate.
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

Alt+D has an obvious downside, so I don't see how it is "laming"
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02

Post by Garja »

momuuu wrote:The funny thing about you, just like with those global warming debates, is that its always hard to resist a debate with you. And then afterwards youre sad you tried to bring logic to that debate.

Ye that's exactly how I feel when you post. You described me perfectly, thanks.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player

Post by Kaiserklein »

momuuu wrote:So, then, onto the point: theres plenty of weird behaviour in aoe3 that people use frequently to their advantage. For some reason, tricks regarding the explorer are all being blindly put in the book of cheating because their are 'bug exploits' which apperantly are the same as cheats - at least according to people here. Yet, the weird thing about this is that in tons of other games bugs are often considered first before banning them. Sometimes a buggy interaction turns out to actually be beneficial to gameplay. Look for example at scourge tracking in broodwar or wall pillars in age of empires 2. Some bugs are considered bad for gameplay, for example because they disturb balance or make the game without a doubt less fun. For example, in dark souls 1 there is a bug that allows you to buff a weapon that you shouldnt be able to buff, which disrupts balancing. There are tons of examples of buggy or weird interactions that probably werent quite intentional amd have found their way into gaming. Its sad that the aoe3 community selectively decides alt d and this bug are cheats because abusing bugs is per definition cheating - a statement that is simply straight up false.

Instead, one should actively discuss if this necessarily is a bad bug. If macro abuse is ignored, I actually think its fine. Cool in the early game and way too hard to do in larger fights. Honestly, if my opponent could use this in a serious fight to his advantage Id praise him because that seems like an awesome display of skill.

So you just posted your stuff without reading the topic I guess? People did talk about why these are "bad bugs".
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

I can't remember the last thread where garja and jerom posted in the same thread but weren't arguing with each other
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

fightinfrenchman wrote:Alt+D has an obvious downside, so I don't see how it is "laming"

Alas, you couldn't get your rank up even with alt-d.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

Kaiserklein wrote:
momuuu wrote:So, then, onto the point: theres plenty of weird behaviour in aoe3 that people use frequently to their advantage. For some reason, tricks regarding the explorer are all being blindly put in the book of cheating because their are 'bug exploits' which apperantly are the same as cheats - at least according to people here. Yet, the weird thing about this is that in tons of other games bugs are often considered first before banning them. Sometimes a buggy interaction turns out to actually be beneficial to gameplay. Look for example at scourge tracking in broodwar or wall pillars in age of empires 2. Some bugs are considered bad for gameplay, for example because they disturb balance or make the game without a doubt less fun. For example, in dark souls 1 there is a bug that allows you to buff a weapon that you shouldnt be able to buff, which disrupts balancing. There are tons of examples of buggy or weird interactions that probably werent quite intentional amd have found their way into gaming. Its sad that the aoe3 community selectively decides alt d and this bug are cheats because abusing bugs is per definition cheating - a statement that is simply straight up false.

So you just posted your stuff without reading the topic I guess? People did talk about why these are "bad bugs".

You did. For garja a bug is by definition cheating, and thus shouldn't be used.
Also, even if some bugs are obviously bad (oosing for example), some are debatable, alt d is borderline debatable, but fast shooting is definitely debatable as it involves skill (apm and accuracy) and makes more use of the map.

For example, you could try to block a rush by having your explorer close to a treasure and fast shooting on your opponent's units.
Furthermore, it makes the explorer more useful after age 1, which is actually a good thing.
Finally, if your opponent is doing that, you can move, and it's very likely he will missclick, or simply kill the treasure guardians, or make sure you don't walk near treasures.

My point is that when you want to call an exploit a «bad exploit», it's highly subjective, that's all I want you to admit, I know that opinions and rules aren't going to change anyway.

That is why a part of the aoe3 community thinks that alt d, fast shooting, building rotator, etc aren't issues.