User avatar
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger
Posts: 3769

14 Jan 2016, 08:48

Does someone wants to create custom map for me with my preferences for the map (how it looks like, tp's/natives/mercs/etc etc.)
Comment below if you have free time.. :)
Thanks in advance.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

14 Jan 2016, 12:37

Yes but nobody has control over mercs.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger
Posts: 3769

14 Jan 2016, 12:41

Durokan wrote:Yes but nobody has control over mercs.

hmm, i thought you can decide which mercs can spawn on the map except renegado and comachero :(
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

14 Jan 2016, 14:10

thebritish wrote:
Durokan wrote:Yes but nobody has control over mercs.

hmm, i thought you can decide which mercs can spawn on the map except renegado and comachero :(


maybe I am wrong, but I was under the impression that it ran a function to call mercs.xs or something like that which gave it random mercs. I guess it could be defined at the start, but i don't know how to do that.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger
Posts: 3769

14 Jan 2016, 14:12

Durokan wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Durokan wrote:Yes but nobody has control over mercs.

hmm, i thought you can decide which mercs can spawn on the map except renegado and comachero :(


maybe I am wrong, but I was under the impression that it ran a function to call mercs.xs or something like that which gave it random mercs. I guess it could be defined at the start, but i don't know how to do that.

you want to create the map for me?
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

14 Jan 2016, 14:14

If it is reasonable, yes I can do that. I lurk around in user-created and make maps at the request of people all the time.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

15 Jan 2016, 04:15

Well?
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger
Posts: 3769

15 Jan 2016, 08:30

Durokan wrote:Well?

Can you make the map like this?
Attachments
mymap.png
mymap.png (29.88 KiB) Viewed 1200 times
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

15 Jan 2016, 14:19

With exactly those resources? Also, i could use some clarification on the shape of the trade route. Also, I am assuming you do not want berries or treasures because they are not on the map. I also could use some pointers on what you want the terrain to be like. IE superflat or hilly or cliffy etc.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger
Posts: 3769

15 Jan 2016, 14:50

Oh, ye i forgot to tell about the other things.
-I would like the terrain to be like the one on New England, and mostly flat, except the part on the back where the sea is, to be like going from top to bottom-like a cliff (similar to the one on ESOC Baja California)
i think 2-3 berries at the TC will be good to be added, and about the trees. they can be random i guess.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

16 Jan 2016, 01:07

thebritish wrote:Oh, ye i forgot to tell about the other things.
-I would like the terrain to be like the one on New England, and mostly flat, except the part on the back where the sea is, to be like going from top to bottom-like a cliff (similar to the one on ESOC Baja California)
i think 2-3 berries at the TC will be good to be added, and about the trees. they can be random i guess.


and the trade route and treasures?
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger
Posts: 3769

16 Jan 2016, 09:27

Durokan wrote:
thebritish wrote:Oh, ye i forgot to tell about the other things.
-I would like the terrain to be like the one on New England, and mostly flat, except the part on the back where the sea is, to be like going from top to bottom-like a cliff (similar to the one on ESOC Baja California)
i think 2-3 berries at the TC will be good to be added, and about the trees. they can be random i guess.


and the trade route and treasures?

hmm, i think the standard 2 treasures at TC which show up (40food-40 coin), the one is with a coyote guardian and the other is empty.
Also, 140 food treasure, 90 wood, 80 wood, few smaller treasures, 2 big XP treasures, and one treasure which gives +10% HP to infantry.
About, the trade route: I think it could be straight line if thats what you are asking (something like the New England traderoute)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

16 Jan 2016, 16:59

thebritish wrote:
Durokan wrote:
thebritish wrote:Oh, ye i forgot to tell about the other things.
-I would like the terrain to be like the one on New England, and mostly flat, except the part on the back where the sea is, to be like going from top to bottom-like a cliff (similar to the one on ESOC Baja California)
i think 2-3 berries at the TC will be good to be added, and about the trees. they can be random i guess.


and the trade route and treasures?

hmm, i think the standard 2 treasures at TC which show up (40food-40 coin), the one is with a coyote guardian and the other is empty.
Also, 140 food treasure, 90 wood, 80 wood, few smaller treasures, 2 big XP treasures, and one treasure which gives +10% HP to infantry.
About, the trade route: I think it could be straight line if thats what you are asking (something like the New England traderoute)


To my rather amateur knowledge, treasures do not work like you might think they do. It places treasures with random contents from a predetermined list. I have no control over which treasures spawn, only which list I use. If it was possible to change the treasures, surely 140f would have been removed by now. Anyways, I have a completed version of the map. It is attached as .txt because I still cannot attach .xs files for some reason

To play the map, put them in your RM3 folder and rename TheBritish.txt to TheBritish.xs
The map will be called "The Arena" because I was not supplied a name and the box shape of the map made me think of an arena. (For future reference, rectangle maps are incredibly inconvenient to code, but it was really fun.)

If you like this map, please put in the good word for me. You can redistribute the map and change it if you like as well. IE you can put a download link in your signature, assuming that is not against the rules.

Also, if anything doesn't work or needs changing please message me and I will do what I can.

(VERSION 1.0 WAS REMOVED DUE TO THE RELEASE OF VERSION 1.1)
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger
Posts: 3769

16 Jan 2016, 17:47

Durokan wrote:
thebritish wrote:
Show hidden quotes

hmm, i think the standard 2 treasures at TC which show up (40food-40 coin), the one is with a coyote guardian and the other is empty.
Also, 140 food treasure, 90 wood, 80 wood, few smaller treasures, 2 big XP treasures, and one treasure which gives +10% HP to infantry.
About, the trade route: I think it could be straight line if thats what you are asking (something like the New England traderoute)


To my rather amateur knowledge, treasures do not work like you might think they do. It places treasures with random contents from a predetermined list. I have no control over which treasures spawn, only which list I use. If it was possible to change the treasures, surely 140f would have been removed by now. Anyways, I have a completed version of the map. It is attached as .txt because I still cannot attach .xs files for some reason

To play the map, put them in your RM3 folder and rename TheBritish.txt to TheBritish.xs
The map will be called "The Arena" because I was not supplied a name and the box shape of the map made me think of an arena. (For future reference, rectangle maps are incredibly inconvenient to code, but it was really fun.)

If you like this map, please put in the good word for me. You can redistribute the map and change it if you like as well. IE you can put a download link in your signature, assuming that is not against the rules.

Also, if anything doesn't work or needs changing please message me and I will do what I can.

Hey, the map looks great, except there are few minor things i dont like:
-Can you map the sea to have only 3 fish and 1 whale without any additional things on the water? (for example the flies and the ducks which are present on it)
-The top and the bottom of the map take too much space, so can it be halfed while expanding the map?
-4 tradepost and their line make the building placement too awkward. Can you change them to 3 tp's and put them to be in 1 lne (like the one on New England) ?

*Is it possible for the map to have different name than "The Arena" (do you allow this?)

Other than that, the map (hunts, mines, TC spawn compared to the native post, ) is great.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

16 Jan 2016, 18:15

Will change the amount of fish and whales.

I cannot change the "decoration" of the lake without using a different water (ducks, birds, logs, etc) as it is inherent with the "new england lake" water texture. I will check on which texture the new england sea uses and try that.

The map is currently ~320 x ~210 without water (probably close to 440 x 210 with water), a map on the small end of 1v1. For comparison, New England including water is 316 x 316. I can change the size of the rectangle by directly increasing the total map size only IF you want the map to stay a rectangle. If you want a map with rounder corners then I can reduce the size of the cliffs. The map is isometric, so everything is coded at a 45* angle. The maps are *not* rectangular by origin, they are shaped like a rhombus. (rectangle maps are incredibly inconvenient to code, though they are fun)
Image

Here is a picture explaining why the cliffs have to be so big.
Image

Will combine the route into 1 single line, they are currently designed to be like your drawing, except more balanced. (Drawing had 2 routes)

I am not good at naming things, hence "the arena." If you supply me with a name I will change it.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

16 Jan 2016, 18:42

Updated version: 1.1
Changelog
-Split fish up into left and right ponds, now generates 1 whale and 3 fish each.
-Changed water type to "new england coast". This one has a few rocks and waves instead of animals. It should be substantially less annoying. (though it does not have the ring of trees that "new england lake" does.)
-Changed H shaped trade route to a | shape with 3 sockets instead of 4.
-Name changed to "TheBritish's Creatively Named Map"

Permissions were changed so i can now upload .xs :D
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger
Posts: 3769

17 Jan 2016, 00:16

Durokan wrote:Updated version: 1.1
Changelog
-Split fish up into left and right ponds, now generates 1 whale and 3 fish each.
-Changed water type to "new england coast". This one has a few rocks and waves instead of animals. It should be substantially less annoying. (though it does not have the ring of trees that "new england lake" does.)
-Changed H shaped trade route to a | shape with 3 sockets instead of 4.
-Name changed to "TheBritish's Creatively Named Map"

Permissions were changed so i can now upload .xs :D

This is what i wanted. :D
Can the map be renamed to Radanje (thats the name of the only place in the world called Radanje and is from my country :mrgreen: )
Also, when the map is loading, can you also add

Natives: Cree/Cherokee
Other than that, its great.

Thanks alot for spending your free time to create map for me. Image
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

17 Jan 2016, 00:41

thebritish wrote:This is what i wanted. :D
Can the map be renamed to Radanje (thats the name of the only place in the world called Radanje and is from my country :mrgreen: )
Also, when the map is loading, can you also add

Natives: Cree/Cherokee
Other than that, its great.

Thanks alot for spending your free time to create map for me. Image

-Name Changed to Radanje from Thebritish's creatively named map
-added "Natives: Cree/Cherokee" on a new line.
Attachments
TheBritish.xs
(21.38 KiB) Downloaded 24 times
TheBritish.xml
(626 Bytes) Downloaded 28 times
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger
Posts: 3769

17 Jan 2016, 01:21

Durokan wrote:
thebritish wrote:This is what i wanted. :D
Can the map be renamed to Radanje (thats the name of the only place in the world called Radanje and is from my country :mrgreen: )
Also, when the map is loading, can you also add

Natives: Cree/Cherokee
Other than that, its great.

Thanks alot for spending your free time to create map for me. Image

-Name Changed to Radanje from Thebritish's creatively named map
-added "Natives: Cree/Cherokee" on a new line.

Thank you so much ;)
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
User avatar
No Flag yohomes
Musketeer
Posts: 79

18 Jan 2016, 01:39

Durokan wrote:
thebritish wrote:This is what i wanted. :D
Can the map be renamed to Radanje (thats the name of the only place in the world called Radanje and is from my country :mrgreen: )
Also, when the map is loading, can you also add

Natives: Cree/Cherokee
Other than that, its great.

Thanks alot for spending your free time to create map for me. Image

-Name Changed to Radanje from Thebritish's creatively named map
-added "Natives: Cree/Cherokee" on a new line.


Hey Durokan, would you be willing to help me create some maps? Even help me finish one up that's halfway done now.
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

18 Jan 2016, 01:52

yohomes wrote:Hey Durokan, would you be willing to help me create some maps? Even help me finish one up that's halfway done now.


Yea, but I need context for how much work it will be before I commit to anything. I need to know how many map(s) I am committing to. I also need to know the quality of a map, as a really well balanced and good map takes substantially longer than a rough map. (I do like to strive for excellence if possible though) I could also use concept minimaps drawn in MS paint or some other photo image software. Those aren't necessary, but some description is or its no better than me making a map for myself. I am off of school for the next few days so I have a lot of free time to contribute to the community, which I normally do by making custom maps and writing guides. It would be great if you could start a new thread and link it here, as this thread is for thebritish.

For reference the map for TheBritish took tentatively 6 or so hours. I was also not focused 100% because that gets old real fast. Given his map was a pain in the ass to write as it doesn't use the same layout as any other map so it took extra long.
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top
User avatar
United States of America Durokan
ESOC Maps Team
Posts: 894
ESO: Durokan

18 Jan 2016, 02:05

Actually, I will make my own thread for map requests.
viewtopic.php?f=33&t=4748#top
Check out my Custom Map Workshop here!
viewtopic.php?p=98718#top

Forum Info

Return to “User-created Content”



Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest