Round of 16 (BO5)
July 17 - July 23

Quarterfinals (BO7)
July 24 - July 30

Semi-Finals (BO7)
July 31- August 6

Finals (BO7) - Bronze Match (BO7)
August 7 - August 13

Note: When necessary, the tournament staff may extend the deadline for any match if scheduling proves to be an issue. There is one week built into the timeline for this.
mad cuz bad
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: ESOC WarChiefs Classic: Rules and Tournament Info

Post by n0el »

Civilization Rules

To encourage a range of native involved matchups we will use a new set of rules. A native will be played in every game in the event!

Game 1: Both players agree to any native vs native matchup. If agreement cannot be made then a randomly selected native mirror will be picked.

The winner of game 1 picks a native civ and the loser then picks one of the three allowed civilizations. From that point on alternating pick is in place and each player can only use each native civilization once.

Player A chooses Aztec
, Player B must choose:
Port, India, or Spain

Player A chooses Iroquois
, Player B must choose:
Dutch, German, or France

Player A chooses Sioux,
Player B must choose:
Russia, Japan, or Spain

Example:

Game 1: Player A picks Iro and Player B picks Aztec.
Player A wins [1-0]

Game 2: Player A picks first and picks Iro.
Player B must choose: Dutch, German, or France.
Player B chooses France.
Player A wins [2-0]

Game 3: Player B chooses Sioux.
Player A must choose:
Russia, Japan, or Spain.
Player A chooses Spain.
Player B wins [2-1]

Game 4: Player A chooses first and cannot play Iro (Played in game 2)
Player A chooses aztecs.
Player B must choose:
Port, India, or Spain
Player B chooses India.
Player A wins the series [3-1]
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Gameplay Rules

1.1 - Players will freely pick their civilization in game 1. After that, players alternatively pick their civilization, starting with the winner of game 1. Game 1 must be a native civilization for each player.

1.2 - Every player must respect their opponent, casters and organizers. Misbehavior will result in a warning and can lead into disqualification. Racism and/or insults will not be tolerated.

1.3 - Every game must be recorded.

1.4 - When a player disconnects from the internet BEFORE 2 minutes, the player can (when both agree) restart and replay the game. When the opponent does not agree to restart, the outcome of the game will be determined by the tournament staff.

1.5 - When a player disconnects AFTER 2 minutes, the players can (when both agree) restart and replay the game. When the opponent does not agree to restart, the player who lost connection will be given a loss.

1.6 - Every player may restart a game BEFORE the 2 minute mark when necessary. This is allowed ONCE per map when the game is NOT casted by an official caster. Restarts for CASTED games will be determined by the caster him/herself.

1.7 - The caster is allowed to restart a game as many times as necessary for optimal play.

1.8 - All games must be submitted to the "Tournament Record Games" forum via the match submission tool: http://eso-community.net/submit_match_results.php

1.9 - Recorded games must be renamed and posted to match the stick in the recorded games section.

1.10 - Players must be respectable to each other when selecting civilizations in a game. Players cannot intentionally change to unfair match-ups, or otherwise be difficult to agree to a match-up. The tournament staff reserves the right to two possible outcomes. 1. If only one player is deemed challenging, then that player will be forced to pick their civilization first. 2. If both players are disagreeable then blind pick will be enforced. This decision is made by the staff.
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Casting Rules

2.1 - It is every players responsibility to work with tournament staff for the casting of games.

2.2 - If the players and caster(s) determine that a selected match cannot be streamed due to lag, in order to provide an optimal environment for competitive play, the match may be streamed from the replays instead.

2.3 - Only casters that have been authorized by the tournament staff will be permitted to stream matches.

2.4 - The players in casted matches will be required to schedule their matches with their opponents and with the authorized caster(s).

2.5 - All streamed games must have a time delay of 2 minutes.

2.6 - The tournament staff reserves the right to extend the deadline of the match if deemed appropriate.

2.7 - All tournament streamed matches must be recorded.

2.8 - No additional observers may be present in games.
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Disqualification Rules

3.1 - All external exploits and game modification software are forbidden. The tournament administration reserves the right to disqualify a player for use of any exploits to gain an unfair advantage.

3.2 - Exploits include but are not limited to: Map Hacks, Trainers, Explorer Revival Glitch, OOS / Intentional Lag (Stacked downloads or other game crashing exploits), and mods (building rotator, zoom modification).

3.3 - Use of these exploits is grounds for removal from the event.

3.4 - If you suspect your opponent has violated any of the player integrity rules, finish the game and submit it for review with an explanation of why you think the game was unfair. If the tournament staff members find someone to be guilty of cheating, the cheater will be disqualified from the tournament.

3.5 - The tournament staff has the right to disqualify a player in cases where there is severe lag to the point where the playing and/or viewing experience is unusually burdened.

3.6 - The registered account name must be the main account of its owner for proper seeding.

3.7 - When a player is disqualified, he/she has no right to claim any prize money.

3.8 - A disqualification may only be committed if all tournament staff agrees. The tournament staff consists of Mr_Bramboy, n0eL, Vinyanenya, JakeyBoyTH.
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Prize Pool

The total prize pool is $200 (USD). The prize pool will be distributed as follows:

First place: $100
Second place: $75
Third place: $25

The prize pool was generously funded by iwillspankyou!!! Many thanks to her dedication to the game!!
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Scheduling Rules

4.1 - Players must respond with the times they are available to play in their dedicated scheduling thread. Players will then play out their games on the given maps.

4.2 - Posts in scheduling topics will be considered along with interaction with admins when making decisions regarding scheduling. Other communications will not be considered.

4.3 - Players must play the series in the map order given.

4.4 - Players cannot deny casters without consulting with the tournament admins first.
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Map Pool, Map Rules, and Map Vetoes

The map pool for the tournament consists of ESOC maps based in the Americas. The maps for each round will be set at the time of the scheduling, the maps will be selected from the following pool:
ESOC Adirondacks
ESOC Arizona
ESOC Arkansas
ESOC Baja California
ESOC Cascade Range
ESOC Colorado
ESOC Florida
ESOC Herald Island
ESOC High Plains
ESOC Hudson Bay
ESOC Iowa
ESOC Klondike
ESOC Manchac
ESOC Mendocino
ESOC Pampas Sierras
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

so its technically possible to play this native only tournament without playing any native civs?

first pick is free, after that you just pick a tad/euro civ every time from the pool
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher
ESO: deadrising78

Post by deadrising78 »

Japan can just be countered picked to sioux everytime, why are they in the same group?
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

umeu wrote:so its technically possible to play this native only tournament without playing any native civs?

first pick is free, after that you just pick a tad/euro civ every time from the pool

First pick is native only
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

I will post some detailed civ picking example tomorrow once I get back on my other pc
mad cuz bad
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

deadrising78 wrote:Japan can just be countered picked to sioux everytime, why are they in the same group?

The consensus of the team was that if anything, Sioux > Japan
mad cuz bad
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I don't understand this tourney
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

Kaiserklein wrote:I don't understand this tourney

goodspeed: "i already buffed sioux to an insane OP civ, but you guys still refuse to use it?!"
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher

Post by deadrising78 »

n0el wrote:
deadrising78 wrote:Japan can just be countered picked to sioux everytime, why are they in the same group?

I dont wanna argue about it here but i think me and a lot of other people dont agree
Sweden deadrising78
Skirmisher

Post by deadrising78 »

I love the idea of this tourney tho, native civs are most fun
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

deadrising78 wrote:
n0el wrote:

I dont wanna argue about it here but i think me and a lot of other people dont agree

Then you should get easy wins
mad cuz bad
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Kaiserklein wrote:I don't understand this tourney

n0el wrote:First pick is native only

I think it's quite clear: after game 1 someone (I don't know if the loser or the winner) picks one of the 3 native civs, which is „countered" by its equivalent from the pool by the other player. The question is, how is the MU chosen in the first game? :hmm:
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Agreed to Native vs Native. Again, I'll update the civilization rules today with examples.
mad cuz bad
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

Post by _RDX_ »

I'm slightly confused. If this is a 'WarChiefs Classic' tournament, why would it even involve TAD and nilla civs? The thing that I heard people say is "We want a tourney with native civs only."
oranges.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

_RDX_ wrote:I'm slightly confused. If this is a 'WarChiefs Classic' tournament, why would it even involve TAD and nilla civs? The thing that I heard people say is "We want a tourney with native civs".

Each and every game played in this tourney will involve at least one native civ afaik. nilla and tad for a little bit of diversity since just 3 civs will get real boring real soon
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

rsy wrote:
_RDX_ wrote:I'm slightly confused. If this is a 'WarChiefs Classic' tournament, why would it even involve TAD and nilla civs? The thing that I heard people say is "We want a tourney with native civs".

Each and every game played in this tourney will involve at least one native civ afaik. nilla and tad for a little bit of diversity since just 3 civs will get real boring real soon

Exactly
mad cuz bad
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

Lol. No-one is ever gonna pick sioux first.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

why not? @deleted_user2

sioux is the only one that has a decent civ pool that doesnt almost hard counter them. aztec struggle vs brits and france, though india is a good mu vs them on most maps i guess.

iro just flat out loses to spain and otto on ep, and they are at best even vs dutch.

sioux on the other hand beats japan and russia, and they china is a fair mu for them. they also beat the other nat civs. i'm not sure who wins between aztecs and iro atm, it used to be ez mu for iro, but iro is pretty bad for colonial play atm and they cant ff vs aztecs i think.