Charges Filed: Trump Campaign Russian Ties

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Charges Filed: Trump Campaign Russian Ties

Post by n0el »

https://www.apnews.com/3d81ee54ef3e4c86 ... ssia-probe

First set of charges come down in the Russia probe. Paul Manafort (who didn't see that coming) and Rick Gates. The next question is, how long before Mueller gets fired by Trump and will any Republicans grow a pair to call it for what it is.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Re: Charges Filed: Trump Campaign Russian Ties

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

n0el wrote:before Mueller gets fired by Trump

That's possible?

What a joke.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Technically, the DoJ is in charge, but Sessions (Attorney General) and Rosenstein (Deputy AG) report thru the office of the presidency. So they can be fired at Trump's direction.

The correct solution was for congress to appoint a special council, which they don't have the balls to do.
mad cuz bad
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

n0el wrote:https://www.apnews.com/3d81ee54ef3e4c86a98fda87981cba44/Manafort,-Gates-indicted-in-first-charges-from-Russia-probe

First set of charges come down in the Russia probe. Paul Manafort (who didn't see that coming) and Rick Gates. The next question is, how long before Mueller gets fired by Trump and will any Republicans grow a pair to call it for what it is.

What is it then :?: :?:
Who can even say that a single voter was swung from this "meddeling"??
How is this different than USA meddeling "everywhere" else?
The real "steal" was from Sanders, and now NY has admittet and appologyzed (after it went to cort) that they purged 200 000 votes, in Brocklyn only :hmm: I really wonder how many it was in USA as a whole? But we will never find out, cos this fact only came up after a lawsuite was filed. If a person gives his/her vote 2 times, it will be jailtime to serve. I wonder how many in DNC NY will serve Jail time???
This is only one example of the scandal the 2016 election was - there are plenty where that came from :roll:

How about Clinton, when secretary of state, made arrangement for Russien companies to get hold of 20% of USA Uranium, while Clinton Foundation was generously donated to?? How about Bill Clinton having a meating with Putin in that same period when his wife was Secretary of State? Btw, Robert Mueler was a sentral figure in arranging that DEAL. He could possible get sacked over this now.

I mean, I find it troublesome with the Russian ties, but only in a corruption sense, and not in a voter stealing way.
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

iwillspankyou wrote:
n0el wrote:https://www.apnews.com/3d81ee54ef3e4c86a98fda87981cba44/Manafort,-Gates-indicted-in-first-charges-from-Russia-probe

The real "steal" was from Sanders, and now NY has admittet and appologyzed (after it went to cort) that they purged 200 000 votes, in Brocklyn only :hmm: I really wonder how many it was in USA as a whole? But we will never find out, cos this fact only came up after a lawsuite was filed. If a person gives his/her vote 2 times, it will be jailtime to serve. I wonder how many in DNC NY will serve Jail time???
This is only one example of the scandal the 2016 election was - there are plenty where that came from :roll:

How about Clinton, when secretary of state, made arrangement for Russien companies to get hold of 20% of USA Uranium, while Clinton Foundation was generously donated to?? How about Bill Clinton having a meating with Putin in that same period when his wife was Secretary of State? Btw, Robert Mueler was a sentral figure in arranging that DEAL. He could possible get sacked over this now.

I mean, I find it troublesome with the Russian ties, but only in a corruption sense, and not in a voter stealing way.

Gotta start somewhere. The entire country is more corrupt than the average African nation; nothing new there.
United States of America Darwin_
Howdah

Post by Darwin_ »

Sounds like another watergate and this is just like when the cashier's check from the Nixon Campaign was found in possession of one of the burglars. I am fairly certain that there is shady stuff going on, but I'd rather Trump just be under controversy for the next 3 years than have him get impeached and booted from office.
somppukunkku wrote:This is not a fucking discogame.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

:hehe: that is actueally a good point @Darwin_ Would wish they got that Clinton fraud and DNC while they are at it :unsure:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Post by rsy »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:

Gotta start somewhere. The entire country is more corrupt than the average African nation; nothing new there.

What's ur basis for saying that bonerboy
Norway oxaloacetate
Dragoon

Post by oxaloacetate »

Darwin_ wrote:I am fairly certain that there is shady stuff going on, but I'd rather Trump just be under controversy for the next 3 years than have him get impeached and booted from office.

The ethics of a politician.
We watched the tragedy unfold
We did as we were told
We bought and sold
It was the greatest show on earth
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

He (Manafort) is being charged as an 'agent' of the govt. of Ukraine- this is in fact a minor infringement regarding legal but undisclosed activities some time ago- agent is being used here merely in the sense that your accountant is your agent etc.

Put that together with the fact that Ukraine is basically at low level war with Russia and you have yet another nothing burger as regards Trump/Russia.

Far more disturbing was the Clinton/DNC/Perkins Coie/Fusion GPS affair- but who cares about that................ my prediction- Mueller resigns over DNC and for years people say it was a Trump cover up. :salt:
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

oats13 wrote:He (Manafort) is being charged as an 'agent' of the govt. of Ukraine- this is in fact a minor infringement regarding legal but undisclosed activities some time ago- agent is being used here merely in the sense that your accountant is your agent etc.

Put that together with the fact that Ukraine is basically at low level war with Russia and you have yet another nothing burger as regards Trump/Russia.

Far more disturbing was the Clinton/DNC/Perkins Coie/Fusion GPS affair- but who cares about that................ my prediction- Mueller resigns over DNC and for years people say it was a Trump cover up. :salt:
I'm guessing you voted for brexit too
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

Correct - why would I not vote Brexit? I like democracy- don't you?

Passive /Aggressive meet Passive /Aggressive...........................
We hold these truths to be self-evident. All men and women created by the you know, you know the thing.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

oats13 wrote:

What is disturbing about paying for opposition research? There was a Republican candidate also paying the firm for the dossier. I have yet to have someone explain what could possibly be an issue with this. Even most sane Republicans agree.
mad cuz bad
European Union Asateo
Dragoon
ESO: Asateo

Post by Asateo »

oats13 wrote:Correct - why would I not vote Brexit? I like democracy- don't you?

Passive /Aggressive meet Passive /Aggressive...........................

meets John Lennon:

phpBB [video]

Edit: sorry for the offtopic.
To see a world in a grain of saind, A heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palm of you hand, And eternity in an hour
- William Blake, Auguries of Innocence
No Flag fightinfrenchman
Ninja
Donator 04

Post by fightinfrenchman »

B U T H E R E M A I L S
Dromedary Scone Mix is not Alone Mix
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

n0el wrote:
oats13 wrote:

What is disturbing about paying for opposition research? There was a Republican candidate also paying the firm for the dossier. I have yet to have someone explain what could possibly be an issue with this. Even most sane Republicans agree.

Really? then find out why there are about a dozen federal election laws against exactly this.

The CNC complaint that went into the Federal Election Commitee yesterday says- ""The campaign and party "routed the money through the law firm Perkins Coie and described the purpose as 'legal services' on their FEC reports rather than research,"" ""By law, campaign and party committees must disclose the reason money is spent and its recipient.""
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

Okay then prosecute it and be done. Someone should have disclosed it. It is hardly a scandal. Don't you agree?
mad cuz bad
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

n0el wrote:Okay then prosecute it and be done. Someone should have disclosed it. It is hardly a scandal. Don't you agree?

Then by that measure neither is the Donald Trump jnr business as he merely turned up to hear potentially beneficial information rather than pay for it.............but surely you must appreciate the delicious irony of this in the face of the faux-outraged po-faced reactions of the hilary et al to equal but opposite stories?

TBH the fear here is that the dossier was not just paid for after completion but paid for to be completed- that must be investigated by any standard.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

It is hardly the same. Colluding with a enemy government isn't breaking a campaign finance law, it is treason. Hacking emails and voting databases isn't breaking campaign finance law, it is a cyber crime. The scale is much larger and more serious.

paying for a dossier is hardly illegal, even if not reporting the use of the money is (which seems like a stretch).
mad cuz bad
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

n0el wrote:It is hardly the same. Colluding with a enemy government isn't breaking a campaign finance law, it is treason. Hacking emails and voting databases isn't breaking campaign finance law, it is a cyber crime. The scale is much larger and more serious.

paying for a dossier is hardly illegal, even if not reporting the use of the money is (which seems like a stretch).

Respectfully I disagree- those are only allegations, i'm pretty sure that the DNC part will turn out to be the more serious by virtue of the the most serious charges simply not being true.

The whole thing does draw into question the nature of lobbyists in general I think.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Donald Trump is our last hope to beat the globalists!
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

Gibson finally starting to write sensible stuff.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America CurassierAndCurassier
Retired Contributor
ESO: Montcalm17

Post by CurassierAndCurassier »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
n0el wrote:before Mueller gets fired by Trump

That's possible?

What a joke.

It would probably the actual beginning of the end for Trump though. Nixon did essentially that and that was what doomed his Presidency.
ESOC Business Team

Post by n0el »

oats13 wrote:
n0el wrote:It is hardly the same. Colluding with a enemy government isn't breaking a campaign finance law, it is treason. Hacking emails and voting databases isn't breaking campaign finance law, it is a cyber crime. The scale is much larger and more serious.

Respectfully I disagree- those are only allegations, i'm pretty sure that the DNC part will turn out to be the more serious.

You said yourself, Don jr. went to a meeting with an associate of the Russian government seeking help. That by definition is attempt to collude.
mad cuz bad
Great Britain oats13
Lancer

Post by oats13 »

n0el wrote:
oats13 wrote:

Respectfully I disagree- those are only allegations, i'm pretty sure that the DNC part will turn out to be the more serious.

You said yourself, Don jr. went to a meeting with an associate of the Russian government seeking help. That by definition is attempt to collude.

No sorry it just isn't- collude doesn't mean simply to engage in any way- you have to be colluding against something and that something has to be regarded as illegal to do so, otherwise holding a door open is collusion- the allegations are that parties colluded with Russia to undermine the election process- as yet there is zero evidence.

I suggest that this is because the proposition is absurd and desperate.