Info and rules

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Info and rules

Post by Goodspeed »

ASC Summer is upon us and so is the betting event! In this post is all the info you need, please read it carefully if you plan to participate, especially the rules.

[b style="font-size:large'"]Current betting matches:
[/b]
[font size="4"]ACERGAME09 vs Samwise12
goongoon vs BadSpeed (MusketJr)
[/font]

[font size="4"]Prize[/font]
Like last time, there is a $100 prize up for grabs. Winner takes all! (the winner is the player with the most points after the finals of the summer tournament)
Participation is free.

[font size="4"]How to sign up[/font]
Simply leave a reply in [a href="http://eso-community.net/thread/1297/100-asc-summer-betting-signups"]this[/a] thread, or send me a message.

If you have already signed up a message is coming your way soon! Feel free to play around with the system, it will say the bets are closed but they aren't really ') All of your sheets will be reset when the real betting starts so there is nothing to lose.

[font size="4"]How the system works[/font]
After you sign up, you'll receive a message from me with a link to your own personal betting sheet ([a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uqt-niznNZxj9OVVT_ON04ltFUEQ8iE-iUfsnL556TY/edit#gid=0"]example[/a]) where you can enter your bets and a link to the viewing sheet which contains the standings as well as everyone else's bets. The system is hosted in the cloud (Google docs) and updates automatically as you place your bets. You start with 1500 points. Where to enter your bets: http://i.imgur.com/84cIjd2.png but on your own personal sheet of course.

Which matches to bet on will be decided by me. There will be at least 5 matches to bet on in the round of 128, 64, 32 and 16, and after that you will be able to bet on every match. At any point in time the current matches to bet on will be in this thread, and I will reply to it every time there is a new match to bet on. This information can be found in your player sheet too, of course.
Note that if a match is played early in the round and there is still some time, I may select another match in that same round to bet on so keep an eye out for that.

I will post a new thread here after every finished round with a summary of our biggest winners and losers.

[font size="4"]How the odds work[/font]
There's been a slight change in the algorithm used to calculate the odds, but the gist of it is the same and remains quite simple: If you bet on an unlikely result and it happens, you are rich! If you bet on a likely result and it happens, you are often also rich but less. The odds can be viewed and update real time based on your and other players' bets. They are frozen right before the match starts and payouts will be based on those final odds. In short, the more risk you take the higher your potential reward. Develop your own betting strategy accordingly :)

[font size="4"]Rules[/font]
- There is a maximum of 1000 points per single result. The system will complain if you try to put more than 1000 points on a single result.
- At the bottom of your player sheet is your balance (points available to bet with). If this number reaches less than zero, none of your bets will be counted so make sure it stays above or equal to zero!
- You can't bet on your own matches except on you winning and/or you winning x-0.
- You are allowed to donate points to other players, but only if they have zero points left. If you wish to donate to someone, leave a reply to this thread with the recipient and the amount of points.

[font size="4" style="font-weight:bold'"]Questions or feedback?[/font]
I can imagine you have some questions, don't hesitate to ask right here in this thread!
And I welcome any feedback with open arms. If you think I should do something differently please do mention it, even small things! Also, if something seems out of the ordinary or doesn't seem to be working like it should, I would love to hear that as well. The platform is new and while everything should work, it has only been tested with a few participants, not 100+.

Thanks for participating and happy gambling! Keep an eye on somppukunkku's bets, he came out victorious in the Spring tournament. Jsimons1289, gibson and Veni_Vidi_Vici_W have also been known to win points consistently :)
No Flag jwall0007
Crossbow

Info and rules

Post by jwall0007 »

hey i would like to bet jwall0007
No Flag hunter
Dragoon

Info and rules

Post by hunter »

hunter
Jerom wrote: Garja is a better player than most of us here
Jerom wrote:Please don't bump old threads, especially when all you have to say is "lol"
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Info and rules

Post by Goodspeed »

Bets are OPEN for the following matches:

Bobabu vs Marco1698
DogSoldier_ vs MASTERdutch
Ovi12 vs Risi123
kiljardi vs tHe_gR1nCh
tenkokugen vs __exploited__

Good luck everyone!
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

Info and rules

Post by Marco1698 »

calmyourtits wrote:Bets are OPEN for the following matches:

Bobabu vs Marco1698
DogSoldier_ vs MASTERdutch
Ovi12 vs Risi123
kiljardi vs tHe_gR1nCh
tenkokugen vs __exploited__

Good luck everyone!

Bobabu wins 2-0 DogSoldier wins 2-0 risi123 wins 2-1 kiljardi wins 2-0 tenkokugen wins 2-0. I bet 200 points for each of this games
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Info and rules

Post by Goodspeed »

How the system works
After you sign up, you'll receive a message from me with a link to your own personal betting sheet (example) where you can enter your bets and a link to the viewing sheet which contains the standings as well as everyone else's bets. The system is hosted in the cloud (Google docs) and updates automatically as you place your bets. You start with 1500 points.
Check your messages
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Info and rules

Post by edeholland »

Also, you can't bet on yourself losing, right?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Info and rules

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah I added this rule earlier today, forgot about it ')
- You can't bet on your own matches except on you winning and/or you winning 2-0.

Info and rules

Post by Marco1698 »

calmyourtits wrote:Yeah I added this rule earlier today, forgot about it ')
- You can''t bet on your own matches except on you winning and/or you winning 2-0.

I am sure to lose vs bobabu so no sense bet on me winning I just prefer to bet nothing about that match then
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Info and rules

Post by gibson »

marco1698 wrote:
I am sure to lose vs bobabu so no sense bet on me winning I just prefer to bet nothing about that match then
Bobabu is over ranked and primarily plays team games. I wouldnt be surprised to see him upset early
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Info and rules

Post by Goodspeed »

marco1698 wrote:
Nah man you got this :D

Info and rules

Post by Marco1698 »

calmyourtits wrote:
marco1698 wrote: I am sure to lose vs bobabu so no sense bet on me winning I just prefer to bet nothing about that match then
Nah man you got this :D

I still dont understand how to bet lol can you speak me fast? I have read but...
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Info and rules

Post by Goodspeed »

Enter points here:

[img]http://i.imgur.com/84cIjd2.png[/img]
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Info and rules

Post by Mimsy for President »

@calmyourtits signups are closed ?
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Info and rules

Post by Goodspeed »

@shaolinstar Check your messages
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Info and rules

Post by macacoalbino »

Don't think we need to say this again but the new system is great! :D

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Info and rules

Post by Goodspeed »

Thanks :) I personally am curious to see how it holds up when a match ends, the scripts worked when we tested but I've changed some things since then. So heads up there may be some delay in the results for the first few matches.
France iNcog
Ninja

Info and rules

Post by iNcog »

it's all right mate
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Info and rules

Post by KINGofOsmane »

omfg i missed the first bets
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Info and rules

Post by zoom »

The very first match you mean? AFAICT all four other opening matches are still available for betting.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Info and rules

Post by Goodspeed »

Ovi12 and Risi123 played today, Risi won 2-1!
Standings were updated and detailed stats can be found in the archived sheet: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 1111718896
I'll post a summary of the round's payouts after all 5 matches are played.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Info and rules

Post by Goodspeed »

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Info and rules

Post by Goodspeed »

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Info and rules

Post by Goodspeed »

tenkokugen 2-0 __exploited__
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =337871545

I wasn't here to close the bets on time because I mistakenly thought this match was scheduled for sunday. Some people tried to take advantage of this and edited their bets after the matches (:)) I won't name anyone but don't let me see you try that again! There is a revision history on your sheets so I can see all your edits and when they were ')
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Info and rules

Post by Goodspeed »

kiljardi 2-0 tHe_gR1nCh
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =467598964

Bets will be opened later today or tomorrow for the round of 64