No Flag potato
Crossbow

14 Jun 2018, 09:18

Trying out 3. Years ago I played 1 and 2

Just going through the strategy and advice section. Saw a good peace of advice but am not sure how to do it ...

Set a hotkey for your Town Center and Train Villager commands. Make sure that you have your settings so that when you toggle your Town Center it does not snap to it!

I don't know how to not go to Town Center when I hit my hotkey. I have looked and looked and cannot see that option.

Thanks
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger Id: 4053888

14 Jun 2018, 09:21

It's under options, you can't change it in the hotkey settings themselves. Under UI options, there is an option called ""Find" Hotkeys centers camera on units". You have to diable that option.

Welcome on our forums btw. If you are completely new to AoE3, you way want to check out the beginners guide.
Attachments
findunithotkeys.png
findunithotkeys.png (979.22 KiB) Viewed 250 times
Whiteboards are remarkable
Not living in Ede
--- h2o Rip ---
In the beginning ESOC was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
No Flag potato
Crossbow

14 Jun 2018, 10:01

Your UI options are different than mine. I don't have that option.

When you use that option, you can no longer snap to your hero/explorer?

Thanks, I will check out the beginner guide you listed.
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 04
ESO: EAGLEMUT

14 Jun 2018, 10:13

potato wrote:Your UI options are different than mine. I don't have that option.

Make sure you are running The Asian Dynasties, which is the latest official game version. Sounds like you may be on the old vanilla game.

potato wrote:When you use that option, you can no longer snap to your hero/explorer?

You can, if you double-press the hotkey.
Germany agrondergermane
Musketeer

14 Jun 2018, 10:38

potato wrote:Your UI options are different than mine. I don't have that option.

When you use that option, you can no longer snap to your hero/explorer?

Thanks, I will check out the beginner guide you listed.

on vanilla just use a ctrl group for tc
-Deep down I know it's me, and deep down I know you are so jealous :).- Sir_Musket 2018
No Flag potato
Crossbow

14 Jun 2018, 11:22

Thanks, I was using Vanilla. Didn't realize I should use AD even when playing a Civ like Britain. Learned something new !

Thanks
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger Id: 4053888

14 Jun 2018, 11:58

TAD is a better game even when you just play European civs. Not just balancing changes and new features, but also just because almost nobody plays the Vanilla game online.

If you are new and need any help or wanna find a member to play with, also check out our Discord.
Whiteboards are remarkable
Not living in Ede
--- h2o Rip ---
In the beginning ESOC was created. This has made a lot of people very angry and has been widely regarded as a bad move.
No Flag potato
Crossbow

14 Jun 2018, 12:36

edeholland wrote:TAD is a better game even when you just play European civs. Not just balancing changes and new features, but also just because almost nobody plays the Vanilla game online.

If you are new and need any help or wanna find a member to play with, also check out our Discord.

Appreciate it. I used to play online years ago. Until I can get a sub 4 minute level up it's likely not a good idea for me to play online yet. I'm not a fan of losing to rushers over and over :roll:
Sweden Gendarme
Jaeger
Donator 02
ESO: Gendarme

14 Jun 2018, 13:01

There is an XP mod to level up to 100 in one game.
duck wrote:man it really sucks when you have to agree with gendarme on things
Great Britain Hazza54321
Jaeger

14 Jun 2018, 14:14

4:30- 4:45is the average up for most civs,
Venividivici_w: i heard h20 signed up last minute. Prob waited for roby not signing up so he wouldnt get smashed again
My recently started youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UChh6jN ... 15ZhFONCBg
France Kaiserklein
Gendarme
EWT
GameRanger Id: 5529322

14 Jun 2018, 14:20

Maybe he means clicking age up before 4 min. But honestly for a beginner, even hitting colonial at 5:30 or 6 min is not bad. Shouldn't worry too much @potato , people don't actually rush at the lowest levels, so when you come online and you're level 0 it doesn't matter how late you age up, until you rank up and play better players
My YouTube channel

LoOk_tOm: I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..

Forum Info

Return to “Strategy”