People are idiots (aoe3)

No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by thebritish »

I went to play a game (ottoman and german player).
I was japan and my ally was german.
In around min. 7.5 5 petards destroyed my town (i didnt noticed them because i focused on barrack, consulate building and shrines with the explorers.
After my tc got destroyed, the german player send army while i had 3 ashi's out and 5 more coming.
He started killing my villagers, so i resigned.

After that, all 3 players starter flaming me and bitching that i dont know how to play and my ally said i am noob and should quit aoe3.
And he didnt raided with his cav, but waited in his f*cking base. (he was playing with germans).

How much idiotic can a human being be to say that for a fucking lose? :eyecrazy:

P.S. had to relive from the stress.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
United States of America Metis
Howdah

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by Metis »

I always try to give positive criticism to those who try but lose and try to accept the same from those who beat me if they are willing to give salient advice. I dislike people who win and then spam "laugh" taunts. However, I also dislike someone playing on another's account when they haven't a clue. I just quit a game because of a noob teammate. Now, if he has been a Sgt. I would have understood. However, he had the rank of 1st Lt., which usually means that they at least know the game's basics. However, this guy starting milling in age one (this was treaty, BTW), made plantations age III, had idles all over the map, had no idea how to wall, had no FB and what little army he had in the eco base at treaty end. I really hate to say "noob" but sometimes you have to call it as it is.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by momuuu »

the beauty of a community is in the rare gems of people that you occasionally find.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by thebritish »

metis wrote:I always try to give positive criticism to those who try but lose and try to accept the same from those who beat me if they are willing to give salient advice. I dislike people who win and then spam "laugh" taunts. However, I also dislike someone playing on another''s account when they haven''t a clue. I just quit a game because of a noob teammate. Now, if he has been a Sgt. I would have understood. However, he had the rank of 1st Lt., which usually means that they at least know the game''s basics. However, this guy starting milling in age one (this was treaty, BTW), made plantations age III, had idles all over the map, had no idea how to wall, had no FB and what little army he had in the eco base at treaty end. I really hate to say "noob" but sometimes you have to call it as it is.
if you want, i can play and post a rec from me playing and then you can say if i am noob, ok? O_o
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag karimru
Crossbow

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by karimru »

thebritish wrote:(i didnt noticed them because i focused on barrack, consulate building and shrines with the explorers.

I never played with you, but you can be sure that after a lose like this i would pest the team mate like this... The main problem of your history is not how you lose your TC, it''s your reaction. Personally, i hate when some one try to find an excuse for continue the same mistakes. You made a poor control map and your reaction in game is probably to low. The reaction of your partner is completely reasonable, i did that too, then i stop to play 2 vs 2 with a random dude.

On my opinion we can also blame your partner because if he was OP, he should saw it and tell you. I can''t understand the reaction of the opponent team who won it. I hate people who show up after the game because they won it.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by momuuu »

Why is it ever okay to flame someone? It's a fucking game. Just think about how it feels when someone calls you bad (or ugly or dumb or whatever), and then realize that you might be ruining someone's day by doing that to him.
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by Jaeger »

thebritish wrote:
metis wrote:I always try to give positive criticism to those who try but lose and try to accept the same from those who beat me if they are willing to give salient advice. I dislike people who win and then spam "laugh" taunts. However, I also dislike someone playing on anothers account when they havent a clue. I just quit a game because of a noob teammate. Now, if he has been a Sgt. I would have understood. However, he had the rank of 1st Lt., which usually means that they at least know the games basics. However, this guy starting milling in age one (this was treaty, BTW), made plantations age III, had idles all over the map, had no idea how to wall, had no FB and what little army he had in the eco base at treaty end. I really hate to say "noob" but sometimes you have to call it as it is.
if you want, i can play and post a rec from me playing and then you can say if i am noob, ok? O_o
Lol weather someone thinks you are noob or not really doesnt matter since its a relative. For example a sergent is noob to me (sorry if youre a sergeant) but would be good to a private.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by Rikikipu »

thebritish wrote:I went to play a game (ottoman and german player).
In around min. 7.5 5 petards destroyed my town (i didnt noticed them because i focused on barrack, consulate building and shrines with the explorers.
After my tc got destroyed, the german player send army while i had 3 ashi''s out and 5 more coming.

After that, all 3 players starter flaming me and bitching that i dont know how to play and my ally said i am noob and should quit aoe3.
And he didnt raided with his cav, but waited in his f*cking base. (he was playing with germans).

How much idiotic can a human being be to say that for a fucking lose? :eyecrazy:

Yeah sorry bro, not against you but you played terribly bad. We said "no noobs" and you said you were good. Then the game starts and you don''t even build a consulate age 1, moreover you age up with the damyo wonder and not the toshogu shrine -->' waste of time for all of the other players...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by momuuu »

This is were you'd sincerely apoligize I think.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by thebritish »

karimru wrote:
thebritish wrote:(i didnt noticed them because i focused on barrack, consulate building and shrines with the explorers.

I never played with you, but you can be sure that after a lose like this i would pest the team mate like this... The main problem of your history is not how you lose your TC, its your reaction. Personally, i hate when some one try to find an excuse for continue the same mistakes. You made a poor control map and your reaction in game is probably to low. The reaction of your partner is completely reasonable, i did that too, then i stop to play 2 vs 2 with a random dude.

On my opinion we can also blame your partner because if he was OP, he should saw it and tell you. I cant understand the reaction of the opponent team who won it. I hate people who show up after the game because they won it.
isnt it better to pest all 3 players?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by thebritish »

rikikipu wrote:
thebritish wrote:I went to play a game (ottoman and german player).
After my tc got destroyed, the german player send army while i had 3 ashis out and 5 more coming.

Yeah sorry bro, not against you but you played terribly bad. We said "no noobs" and you said you were good. Then the game starts and you dont even build a consulate age 1, moreover you age up with the damyo wonder and not the toshogu shrine -->' waste of time for all of the other players...

I dont understand
No Flag karimru
Crossbow

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by karimru »

jerom wrote:Why is it ever okay to flame someone? It''s a fucking game. Just think about how it feels when someone calls you bad (or ugly or dumb or whatever), and then realize that you might be ruining someone''s day by doing that to him.
Jose Mourinho of Chelsea club do it and it give results. Of course it will maybe ruining the day of someone, but the next time he will do better because he question himself. This is a game about war, so you need to be minimum strong character to encase for then progress. For 100 % sims city u have scenario.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by Rikikipu »

Hello !
Did you enjoy my petard ')
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by thebritish »

rikikipu wrote:Hello !
Did you enjoy my petard ')
coincidence? :-/
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by Jaeger »

karimru wrote:
jerom wrote:Why is it ever okay to flame someone? Its a fucking game. Just think about how it feels when someone calls you bad (or ugly or dumb or whatever), and then realize that you might be ruining someones day by doing that to him.
Jose Mourinho of Chelsea club do it and it give results. Of course it will maybe ruining the day of someone, but the next time he will do better because he question himself. This is a game about war, so you need to be minimum strong character to encase for then progress. For 100 % sims city u have scenario.
No, that way you just intimidate people. Next time they dont think for themselves and only do what doesnt make everyone mad, they dont do necessarily what they see is best.
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by momuuu »

karimru wrote:
jerom wrote:Why is it ever okay to flame someone? Its a fucking game. Just think about how it feels when someone calls you bad (or ugly or dumb or whatever), and then realize that you might be ruining someones day by doing that to him.
Yes, thats when it comes to professionals who are paid to perform.

This is about people trying to enjoy their leisure time. Its never okay to flame anyone over a game.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by thebritish »

jerom wrote:
karimru wrote:Jose Mourinho of Chelsea club do it and it give results. Of course it will maybe ruining the day of someone, but the next time he will do better because he question himself. This is a game about war, so you need to be minimum strong character to encase for then progress. For 100 % sims city u have scenario.
Yes, thats when it comes to professionals who are paid to perform.

This is about people trying to enjoy their leisure time. Its never okay to flame anyone over a game.
+1
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by Rikikipu »

The thing is that thebritish haven't written the entire story. The fact that he resigned after 3 minutes for no reason 3 minuts before and some other things.... Anyway this forum is not done for personal contests. By the way, i don't think it's an amazing insult calling someone noob in Age Of Empires 3.

@Jerom : For what i have seen, you are are a pretty cool guy. I've played one time against you, and you were very polite and friendly. But there is some RolePlays behind behaviors in this game, and this is why this is so entairtaining sometimes. Think about Umeu Vs Garja. I'm 100% sure they would be best friends IRL hahaha.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by thebritish »

rikikipu wrote:he resigned after 3 minutes for no reason
first it was after 31 second and second, have you ever heard of hotkeys or you are now finding out they exist? :whistling:
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by thebritish »

thebritish wrote:
rikikipu wrote:he resigned after 3 minutes for no reason
first it was after 31 second and second, have you ever heard of hotkeys or you are now finding out they exist? :whistling:
unless we are talking for different match as 30 seconds vs 3 minutes (180 seconds) has big difference
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by momuuu »

Just let me have this ideal idea of people and that we can all move along and have fun with eachother.
No Flag Good ol Ivan
Howdah
ESO: ivanelterrible

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by Good ol Ivan »

jerom wrote:Why is it ever okay to flame someone? It''s a fucking game. Just think about how it feels when someone calls you bad (or ugly or dumb or whatever), and then realize that you might be ruining someone''s day by doing that to him.
Well, if it''s just a game, then why would you care so much if someone flames you?

Besides, if people called me beautiful even though I was ugly, I probably wouldn''t know if I was ugly and wouldn''t change my appearance and think there''s nothing wrong about it. Sometimes it is good for people to be direct and hurt other peoples'' feelings.
Same applies here, maybe OP will know better next time.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by momuuu »

ivan wrote:
Well, if its just a game, then why would you care so much if someone flames you?

Besides, if people called me beautiful even though I was ugly, I probably wouldnt know if I was ugly and wouldnt change my appearance and think theres nothing wrong about it. Sometimes it is good for people to be direct and hurt other peoples feelings.
Same applies here, maybe OP will know better next time.

I care as much because I value kindness a lot. Even if it is over the internet. You could bring constructive criticism a lot more tactful. From experience with my football team, giving people tips in a nice way is much more succesful than angrily yelling at them what they are doing wrong...

OP is just gonna be sad and not going to learn anything this way.
You have not set your flag, click to select your flag. Marco1698

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by Marco1698 »

I know that feeling since everyone here hate me. Well sadly you can't deal with many aoe3 people
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

People are idiots (aoe3)

Post by momuuu »

marco1698 wrote:I know that feeling since everyone here hate me. Well sadly you can''t deal with many aoe3 people

you know what doesnt help? Taking on the victim role.