ESOC Patch is coming

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Goodspeed »

[div style="text-align:center'"][hr][font size="4"]Fellow AoE3 fans,[/font][/div]
Here we are, after the final of the second AoE3 Seasonal Championships. RTS veterans Samwise12 and ACERGAME09 battled in a best of 9 and it was close ([a href="http://www.twitch.tv/esoctv/profile/past_broadcasts"]in case you missed it[/a]). The first 3 games were walkovers, but Sam had to concede the next 2 and suddenly it was looking like anyone's series. The 2 games after that were close too, ACER winning one and getting in a great position in the Brit mirror on Cascade. With the chance to tie it up ACER had 10 more vills than Sam and a slightly better army, but Sam punishes mistakes like no other and ACER made a couple too many. In the end, Samwise's meta builds and overall crisp mechanics got him the victory. The title is his now, and I hope we'll see him defend it in the Winter tournament. Any good Champion will show up to defend his title, right? ') Grats to Sam!

As for the betting event, [a href="https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1MEhGlu6RCW85fv62Gd8pcIhhWmmAEW5YTi-F6c9-tJk/edit#gid=247843266"]zoom won[/a]. Grats! Seriously that kid was hacking.
Many thanks to the players, the tournament admins, the sponsors and perhaps most importantly the viewers for another great event! I'm sure we're all looking forward to ASC Winter.

[div style="text-align:center'"][span style="font-size:12pt'"][font color="#1979e6"]But come Winter we'll be playing on a different patch.[/font][/span][/div]We'll be playing on a patch where the rated map pool will consist of balanced maps, where Dutch and Portuguese have means of winning games, and where the hackers are out of quick search, among other things!

ESOC Patch will be a project for and by the community. After the first release the patch will continue as an ongoing project. Call it an "Open beta", if you must. There will be a public board on ESOC dedicated to discussion about civ balance, the map pools, and whatever else patch-related and we will continue to patch the game. This approach is made possible by the work of our insanely awesome developer @musketeer925, who made an auto-updating launcher. This allows us to continue support for the game and patch out balance issues per tournament season. It could allow us to do cool stuff like rotating map pools, too. Users won't have to manually install any updates.

As for the first release, expect it soon. [strike]at the [/strike][strike]28th of September[/strike]. There's still work to be done, but we're close and we're excited about sharing the patch with everyone. A reminder about the most important features, which should all be in the first release:
[ul type="disc"][li]Improved civilisation balance.[/li][li]The possibility to play ESOC maps in rated games.[/li][li]Very easy switch between ESOC patch and the old patch.[/li][li]Anti-cheat measures aimed specifically at the infamous "moesbar hack".[/li][li]Auto-updating functionality which means no manual updates.[/li][/ul]
Our biggest advantage is this community, which stuck with AoE3 throughout the years. The game is almost 10 years old now, but it's alive and kicking thanks to all of you awesome people. Even Microsoft had to acknowledge it, now working to replace the very old servers. But alive as we are, this patch needs all of you to succeed. We're counting on everyone to spread the word about the patch anywhere AoE-related, especially on ESO itself. But most importantly, simply play the patch after it's released :)

The patch will feature new map pools including a [a href="http://eso-community.net/thread/2560/poll-which-maps-quick-search"]community-picked[/a] mix between ESOC maps and RE maps used for quick search. Recently me and Incognoto played [a href="http://i.imgur.com/ZNs4v8u.png"]the very first quick search game on Manchuria[/a].

I'm sure you all want to hear about the balance changes. Unfortunately there isn't much I can give away quite yet. We're still in the middle of testing the changes and most of them are still uncertain. Expect finished patch notes with release and not before.
I will say this though:
[ul type="disc"][li]Wood wall HP will be reduced significantly.[/li][li]Elmeti, Mamelukes and Lil bombards will be untrainable in fortress age.[/li][li]Portuguese villager cost will be reduced.[/li][/ul][div]
Feel free to ask questions about the project or make suggestions! Most of the ESOC staff will be active in this thread.

[hr]And the patch isn't even all that's happening. There's [a href="http://eso-community.net/board/68/tournament-information-discussion"]a treaty cup[/a] coming up, organized by Cometk (black_thought) and charlemagen. And perhaps yet another event is coming, too.
Meanwhile, we'll have the weekly Saturday smackdowns featuring Zuterjection (the famous casting duo Zutazuta and Interjection) to look forward to. No shortage of AoE3 content in other words!

Keep in mind the Winter tournament is not fully funded yet. If you like what we're doing here at ESOC and want to show your support while funding future tournaments, [a href="http://eso-community.net/page/donate"]donating[/a] is the way. Small or big, anything helps! Every donation received will go to the funding of future tournaments.
[/div]
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by gibson »

No patch notes :(
Bosnia & Herzegovina medinos
Lancer
ESO: AlexBoye,Daddysmurf

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by medinos »

Ok I've got a boner right now...
nahhhhh NOT
Patch notes first then boner...
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by thebritish »

Great. :thumbsup:

Good job Goodspeed and the team.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag madpredator
Crossbow

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by madpredator »

So happy to read this
No Flag irage
Musketeer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by irage »

Nice to hear , looks like I will be the one replying first, I have few doubts, I generally play tad and nilla depending where more number of games are there , if I install this patch , can I play with my nilla friends as well since they won't install patch ( since ur not touching niklla) or do I have to switch each time to re patch to play nilla. Secondly, tad I find is full of monster trucks , do u eliminate cheaters only in qs or the cheaters can't cheat in a hosted game as well.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by momuuu »

Praise musketeer925.

And also praise musk and aiz for apperantly finding a way to fix the moesbar hacks.

And while Im at it, praise gs for yet another awesome news update! I do want the credit for the map pool rotation idea though :p
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by thebritish »

jerom wrote:Praise musketeer925.

And also praise musk and aiz for apperantly finding a way to fix the moesbar hacks.

And while Im at it, praise gs for yet another awesome news update! I do want the credit for the map pool rotation idea though :p
:thumbsup: :w00t: :lol:
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag blackbob68
Skirmisher

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by blackbob68 »

well done guys! really good job :) I will play on it definitly :)
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by n0el »

Rotating map pool idea= Starcraft 2. It is a good idea though and makes the game more fresh.

Is it possible to make a special replay loader so that replays from previous patch versions can be viewed? I think this maybe necessary if the team wants to make changes on the fly.

Good work everyone.
mad cuz bad
France benj89
Howdah

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by benj89 »

this seems too gooooooood to be true :happydance:
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Kaiserklein »

Really OP if you manage to eliminate moesbar hacks in qs ! Better than a hackers list
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by thebritish »

benj89 wrote:this seems too gooooooood to be true :happydance:
are we dreaming? :D :7upspot:
United States of America saveyourskill
Skirmisher

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by saveyourskill »

Will yall balanced iro otto at all for maybe future use in the tournaments?
Got Badger Milk?
Canada DivineFire
Lancer

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by DivineFire »

Ports are going to smash major shit in teams games. You heard it here first. Other than that I'm stoked as long as the community isn't too divided.
Taunt 3
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Hagi »

I don't mind wall hit points being reduced but isn't it discouraging below average players to play on the FP ?
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by fei123456 »

why dont you release all the civ balance changes? we can give more advices i think.
No Flag PoniPoika
Skirmisher

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by PoniPoika »

adv wrote:I don''t mind wall hit points being reduced but isn''t it discouraging below average players to play on the FP ?

Well no, since the use of walls at any level is not the hp so much as a cheap way of blocking space.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by edeholland »

paul wrote:why dont you release all the civ balance changes? we can give more advices i think.

I''m afraid that everybody gives advices while they haven''t tested the changes. We will release the ESOC patch with the notes so you can play it and then propose other changes.
No Flag mongobillione
Dragoon
Donator 02

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by mongobillione »

Lmao port vill reduced coste.. Gg to fair team games
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Hagi »

Port :
Kynesie will have less defence but will have a faster vill boom, isn't he ?
The fact that Mamelukes won't be available at Forteress won't change much for him, I guess, since he FI anyway.
From all this, I predict a stronger Port play from Kynesie. Vill boom >' weaker walls to me.
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Great! By how much is the cost of a Portuguese villager reduced?
No Flag lusas
Skirmisher

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by lusas »

i didnt see any problem with walls!!!! are u not nerfing defensie civs ? and boosting agressive ones ?

Why the team doesnt release the beta patch so we can test the changes also
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

lusas wrote:i didnt see any problem with walls!!!! are u not nerfing defensie civs ? and boosting agressive ones ?

Iro and otto are aressive civ which are nerfed.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

ESOC Patch is coming

Post by edeholland »

lusas wrote:i didnt see any problem with walls!!!! are u not nerfing defensie civs ? and boosting agressive ones ?

Because the beta patch is not done yet.