China
26%

Total votes: 91

Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

The best Asian Civ

Post by sirmusket »

OK before all of you people press on Japan button let us actually analyse carefully and see which civ of the three technically is strongest. So we are all familiar with the three tactics that can be done with a civ, Rushing, Turtling, Booming ( also FF,FI,SEMI FF) So lets start with Japan.

Boom- Ok we all know Japan has arguably the strongest economy in the game close with the French. We also know if we give Japan time then the odds are against us. There boom however can be stopped quick often, due to there very slow 2nd age and the ability to not make a lot of units until late colonial early fotress once they have almost all shrines up and rocking with settlers. The only unit japan can really make early on to not effect there eco to hard is making the ashigaru musketeer. Yumi archers cost 100 resources roughly ashes costing a bit more however wood is significantly harder to gather then food, and all the coin for usk's can come from just your shrines that is why ashis are the cheapest for japan to build early on and you dont really have a big choice.

Rush- Ok so I am not going to spend much time on this topic at all cause we all know that japan CANT rush, never will be able to. Just to hard to balance making a decent sized army, with constant vill production, shrine production, map control it is to much for Japan.

Turtle- Again turtling is kind of like a boom in japan sense cause even when booming or turtling you are going to do the wall and consulate build either way and pump those shrines out.

So overall japan can achieve 2/3 but even those 2 can be stopped so unless you are the perfect japan player this civ will be tricky to survive the first 10 minutes or so, but if you do GG you have won because flaming arrow and usk upgraded cant be stopped even with the biggest forces sometimes.

Moving on we have China

Rush- Now i always thought that china were the "rushing" civ. 9 xbow shipment, 9 xbow plus flame-thrower shipment, 8 pike, 7 steppe riders list is endless. Also due to the fact that they train armies in batches like Russia made me even more decisive of the fact they were a rushing civ. But i was most certainly wrong, china sure can get some units out early but not "early" by rushing standards to make a difference in your opponents eco, looks like china just isnt born to rush.

Boom- Now boom is big word because do you mean 30 min boom, 15 min boom like Japan before you can get army already out fast, cause if you wanna "boom with china" boy your gonna need some time.

Turtle/FF- This is were china shines, now i state turtle cause you kind of are a turtle at the start laying out those villages in a certain spot preventing you opponent to kill many vills if any ealry on before you make it to the fotress around 6:30 with 18 skirms out by 7:30 if you aged with confuction academy but if you do what most do and age with tower, then you will sacrifice army for lot bigger army later around 8:30 and later.

So china 1/3 there boom will get them rushed, there rush will sacrifice too much eco so there only option most games if not all is to do naked FF.

Now India, My favourite and here is why- When i play a match with India I am never scared of a rush/ff or boom by the opponent i know i can counter all.

Rush- So not the best rush in the game because you do sacrifice a lot of eco but if we are going to say what rush causes most damage to opponent well then imo this is the one. 20 sepoy in base by 6 min 30 sec well you cant beat that, or just 5 or so by 4:30, if you had good age up with Agra, already working on a constructing rax/house e.c.t this wont kill opponent at first obviously but for sure will delay there, rax/stable or even artillery foundry if he is doing something weird. So rush is a big deal with india and is pre damn easy to accomplish, with the famous 10/10 sepoy rush.

Turtle- How many times have we seen agra wall combo around tc going for the more "boomy" approach answer is to many. Many players prefer the more boomy approach with india cause there eco and fotress age is just so strong, i mean you have everything, elephants, urumi swordsmen, gurka shipments list is endless.

Boom- Yes India can boom especially with agra and 10 sepoy to defend any rushes, then you will find yourself in fortress age pre comfortably with no pressure, you could always do the famous consulte otto boom, gaining 4 extra vills, and making sepoy around 8 Min with 2 rax at vet state is amazing tactic aswell.

So please comment below, I like India most of three becasuse imo are most versatile, now you see all pro's playing Japan most of three, this is because they are pretty damn good with them, and there timings are much superior to someone who is of PR25 or something. India is probably best of three for newbies but even experienced players wanting a quick match just do a sepoy rush almost counters every civ, some say easy just make lb, yumi but the fact that you will have 5 sepoy in there base by 4:30 how will you get lb,yumi out, boy be happy you even get rax up by then. I know that french usually just finish aging by 4:30 then building rax so 5 sepoy would easily siege rax in construction or even kill vills then siege who knows. :) comment and vote dont argue too much ')
No Flag Einfein
Dragoon

The best Asian Civ

Post by Einfein »

Probably India because they have the tools to deal with almost any situation. They can rush/boom/turtle, each at a reasonable level. They also have nearly all unit types available to them in age 2 making them extremely versatile whether playing offensively or defensively.

China's age 3 army scares me.
"He's just got more stuff, and sometimes just having more stuff, despite the fact you have better positioning or better micro just doesn't matter because sometimes when you just got more stuff you just win the game." - ZutaZuta
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

The best Asian Civ

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Overall that's japan but between these 3 that's China because they beat japan and india.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

The best Asian Civ

Post by thebritish »

Japan is definitely the best asian civilisation.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

The best Asian Civ

Post by deleted_user »

actually india can do anything they want.. i voted for india
Sweden Zutazuta
Howdah
zuta

The best Asian Civ

Post by Zutazuta »

I like the part where the weakest of the 3 options is winning.
Serbia sirmusket
Jaeger
ESO: ModernDayWarri0r

The best Asian Civ

Post by sirmusket »

zutazuta wrote:I like the part where the weakest of the 3 options is winning.
What do you meane exactly by this?
India Nymphomaniac
Dragoon

The best Asian Civ

Post by Nymphomaniac »

he means Japan is the weakest of all three, was winning poll at that time. Ofc not everyone will agree that Japan is the weakest of all 3.
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

The best Asian Civ

Post by tedere12 »

Its india winning the pol
I voted for china as china can win both japan and india
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

The best Asian Civ

The 3 TAD civs are strong. I would say that at capi- that's india/jap/china, at capi/colo that's jap/india/china and at colo+ that's china/japan/india.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

The best Asian Civ

Post by Hazza54321 »

Nah china is op, only loses to iro
India _RDX_
Lancer
ESO: _RDX_

The best Asian Civ

Post by _RDX_ »

Weakest? Lol. I think you need some practical with aoe.
oranges.
India _RDX_
Lancer

The best Asian Civ

Post by _RDX_ »

hazza54321 wrote:Nah china is op, only loses to iro
China can''t manage without FF. Who meant China is OP? China takes lots of eco damage to FF. True, China can win India and Japan. But it''s not easy. That''s rare[span] [/span]
oranges.
France Rikikipu
Retired Contributor
ESO: p-of

The best Asian Civ

Post by Rikikipu »

rdx wrote:

LOL, yeah teach aoe to zutazuta plz XDDD
India _RDX_
Lancer

The best Asian Civ

Post by _RDX_ »

Well Japan and China tied while India is superior. I love India!!
oranges.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

The best Asian Civ

Post by thebritish »

is somebody from top players wanting to play 1vs1 between them, so we can see which civilization is the best? :D
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
India _RDX_
Lancer

The best Asian Civ

Post by _RDX_ »

thebritish wrote:is somebody from top players wanting to play 1vs1 between them, so we can see which civilization is the best? :D
Why not H2O and blackstar?
oranges.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

The best Asian Civ

Post by thebritish »

rdx wrote:
thebritish wrote:is somebody from top players wanting to play 1vs1 between them, so we can see which civilization is the best? :D
Why not H2O and blackstar?
i was thinking for atleast 3 players and they choose one civilisation (from japan, india, china).
Maybe add samwise12 to the duo you just said ')
India _RDX_
Lancer

The best Asian Civ

Post by _RDX_ »

thebritish wrote:
rdx wrote:Why not H2O and blackstar?
i was thinking for atleast 3 players and they choose one civilisation (from japan, india, china).
Maybe add samwise12 to the duo you just said ')
Or even interjection or veni vidi. Bs should play japan, H2O should play india, and any of these plays china. Its a FFA match lol.
oranges.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold

The best Asian Civ

imo china vs japan is quite close
chine>india
japan>india
So that's between china and japan but I think that with some FI builds, china can beat jap.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

The best Asian Civ

Post by thebritish »

I think H20 plays better with japan
Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

The best Asian Civ

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Japan and india are actually quite bad. Japan loses to any early colonial/fortress timing and wins against any civilization who can't pull off this timing.

India can't stop the opponent from (semi-)ffing which means they either have to mass up or age up themselves. Both of these options are risky plays against a good early fortress timing with cannons.
The reason why India seems so good on most RE maps is because their villagers cost wood which means they don't need nearly as much food as other civilizations. They are also able to place an Agra fort on your 2nd/3rd hunt and easily starve you.

China is probably the strongest civ after iro and otto on custom maps currently. They can get to fortress without too many problems and then start shipping amazing shipments and start trainig amazing cavalry. And once you have the slight advantage you can ship 1000c and age up to win the game.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

The best Asian Civ

Post by thebritish »

bramboy wrote:Japan and india are actually quite bad. Japan loses to any early colonial/fortress timing and wins against any civilization who can''t pull off this timing.

India can''t stop the opponent from (semi-)ffing which means they either have to mass up or age up themselves. Both of these options are risky plays against a good early fortress timing with cannons.
The reason why India seems so good on most RE maps is because their villagers cost wood which means they don''t need nearly as much food as other civilizations. They are also able to place an Agra fort on your 2nd/3rd hunt and easily starve you.

China is probably the strongest civ after iro and otto on custom maps currently. They can get to fortress without too many problems and then start shipping amazing shipments and start trainig amazing cavalry. And once you have the slight advantage you can ship 1000c and age up to win the game.
you can try playing as china against any rush civ. and figure out that you are wrong abou the part for china. :)
No Flag Wuangaga
Lancer

The best Asian Civ

Post by Wuangaga »

rdx wrote:
Damn, did you just really say that?
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

The best Asian Civ

Post by thebritish »

wuangaga wrote:
rdx wrote:Weakest? Lol. I think you need some practical with aoe.
Damn, did you just really say that?
he did :P