So, what are your thoughts on abortion?

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
United States of America jacksonpollock
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

Just trying to keep this forum a little more light-hearted after some vicious fighting.
No Flag arriah
Dragoon

Post by arriah »

jacksonpollock wrote:Just trying to keep this forum a little more light-hearted after some vicious fighting.

Hahaha I don''t think that''s the way to do it.
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

arriah wrote:
jacksonpollock wrote:Just trying to keep this forum a little more light-hearted after some vicious fighting.
Hahaha I dont think thats the way to do it.

Im just curious what the consensus is
United States of America evilcheadar
Gendarme

Post by evilcheadar »

Pretty obvious, pretty much everyone agrees that it's fetus murder/ human murder. No one believes in the antiquated idea that abortion can be appropriate ever.
A post not made is a post given away

A slushie a day keeps the refill thread at bay

Jackson Pollock was the best poster to ever to post on these forums
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Honestly I'm not sure. It seems like abortions are used to cover up people's irresponsibility. I mean why can't you use a condom? Or pull out? Or take birth control? Or take one of those plan b pills? Or have the girl on the top(not sure if that's an actual thing but I think I saw it in a movie)? When our purpose is literally just to reproduce so our species can survive, it seems counter intuitive to kill a growing fetus that will soon be a human child. And I think there is a certain point where it is murder. When it's gotten to like the 3rd trimester and the baby is a baby and can survive outside of the mother, albeit with the help of machines, I think it is murder. People are always talkin about the women's right to her own body, but I feel like she gave up that right when she let someone stick an unwrapped cock into her, or when she didn't tell the guy to pull out, or when she didn't take her birth control, or when she didn't take a day after pill, or when she wasn't on top. Not saying it should be illegal, but I think it's not extremely straightforward.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Smarties > M&M's

(I think it's a much more fascinating subject)
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

shaolinstar wrote:Smarties > M&M''s

(I think it''s a much more fascinating subject)

amen
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

gibson wrote:Honestly I''m not sure. It seems like abortions are used to cover up people''s irresponsibility. I mean why can''t you use a condom? Or pull out? Or take birth control? Or take one of those plan b pills? Or have the girl on the top(not sure if that''s an actual thing but I think I saw it in a movie)? When our purpose is literally just to reproduce so our species can survive, it seems counter intuitive to kill a growing fetus that will soon be a human child. And I think there is a certain point where it is murder. When it''s gotten to like the 3rd trimester and the baby is a baby and can survive outside of the mother, albeit with the help of machines, I think it is murder. People are always talkin about the women''s right to her own body, but I feel like she gave up that right when she let someone stick an unwrapped cock into her, or when she didn''t tell the guy to pull out, or when she didn''t take her birth control, or when she didn''t take a day after pill, or when she wasn''t on top. Not saying it should be illegal, but I think it''s not extremely straightforward.

If you think the girl being on top prevents pregnancy you are a virgin, which wouldn''t surprise me
No Flag Jaeger
Jaeger

Post by Jaeger »

gibson wrote:Honestly I''m not sure. It seems like abortions are used to cover up people''s irresponsibility. I mean why can''t you use a condom? Or pull out? Or take birth control? Or take one of those plan b pills? Or have the girl on the top(not sure if that''s an actual thing but I think I saw it in a movie)? When our purpose is literally just to reproduce so our species can survive, it seems counter intuitive to kill a growing fetus that will soon be a human child. And I think there is a certain point where it is murder. When it''s gotten to like the 3rd trimester and the baby is a baby and can survive outside of the mother, albeit with the help of machines, I think it is murder. People are always talkin about the women''s right to her own body, but I feel like she gave up that right when she let someone stick an unwrapped cock into her, or when she didn''t tell the guy to pull out, or when she didn''t take her birth control, or when she didn''t take a day after pill, or when she wasn''t on top. Not saying it should be illegal, but I think it''s not extremely straightforward.
http://www.teensource.org/blog/2011/06/top-10-pregnancy-rumors-arent-true
last time i cryed was because i stood on Lego
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jacksonpollock wrote:
gibson wrote:Honestly Im not sure. It seems like abortions are used to cover up peoples irresponsibility. I mean why cant you use a condom? Or pull out? Or take birth control? Or take one of those plan b pills? Or have the girl on the top(not sure if thats an actual thing but I think I saw it in a movie)? When our purpose is literally just to reproduce so our species can survive, it seems counter intuitive to kill a growing fetus that will soon be a human child. And I think there is a certain point where it is murder. When its gotten to like the 3rd trimester and the baby is a baby and can survive outside of the mother, albeit with the help of machines, I think it is murder. People are always talkin about the womens right to her own body, but I feel like she gave up that right when she let someone stick an unwrapped cock into her, or when she didnt tell the guy to pull out, or when she didnt take her birth control, or when she didnt take a day after pill, or when she wasnt on top. Not saying it should be illegal, but I think its not extremely straightforward.

If you think the girl being on top prevents pregnancy you are a virgin, which wouldnt surprise me
Lol that was a joke from knocked up with Seth Rogen
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

ovi12 wrote:
gibson wrote:Honestly Im not sure. It seems like abortions are used to cover up peoples irresponsibility. I mean why cant you use a condom? Or pull out? Or take birth control? Or take one of those plan b pills? Or have the girl on the top(not sure if thats an actual thing but I think I saw it in a movie)? When our purpose is literally just to reproduce so our species can survive, it seems counter intuitive to kill a growing fetus that will soon be a human child. And I think there is a certain point where it is murder. When its gotten to like the 3rd trimester and the baby is a baby and can survive outside of the mother, albeit with the help of machines, I think it is murder. People are always talkin about the womens right to her own body, but I feel like she gave up that right when she let someone stick an unwrapped cock into her, or when she didnt tell the guy to pull out, or when she didnt take her birth control, or when she didnt take a day after pill, or when she wasnt on top. Not saying it should be illegal, but I think its not extremely straightforward.
http://www.teensource.org/blog/2011/06/top-10-pregnancy-rumors-arent-true
man I always thought that if the girl jumped up and down the sperm would leave her body :(
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

gibson wrote:
ovi12 wrote:http://www.teensource.org/blog/2011/06/top-10-pregnancy-rumors-arent-true
man I always thought that if the girl jumped up and down the sperm would leave her body :(

Faggot
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jacksonpollock wrote:
gibson wrote:man I always thought that if the girl jumped up and down the sperm would leave her body :(

Faggot
That was rather uncalled for you bigoted homophobe....
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

gibson wrote:
jacksonpollock wrote:Faggot
That was rather uncalled for you bigoted homophobe....

True though?
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jacksonpollock wrote:
gibson wrote:That was rather uncalled for you bigoted homophobe....

True though?
While it is completely irrelevant to the conversation and I know for a fact you were using that as an insult, I will humor you. No, I am of the heterosexual persuasion.
Dragoon

Post by jacksonpollock »

gibson wrote:
jacksonpollock wrote:True though?
While it is completely irrelevant to the conversation and I know for a fact you were using that as an insult, I will humor you. No, I am of the heterosexual persuasion.

Whatever dude, get out and let the adults have a serious discussion
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag mnogud
Lancer

Post by mnogud »

incog wrote:
jacksonpollock wrote:Faggot
now now

its fine to have spirited discussions but you cant just personally attack someone just like that
how come ur a jaeger instead of an admin ? :o
Canada Jam
Jaeger
ESO: Hyperactive Jam

Post by Jam »

The baby comes out,
one way or another.
Dead or alive,
out of the mother.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Hagi
Dragoon

Post by Hagi »

You guys definitely need some fan patch lol
United States of America Metis
Howdah

Post by Metis »

There is much debate in the abortion issue as to when life begins. From a biologist's viewpoint, life began some 3.8 billion years ago and from then on it has continued. Both the sperm and egg are living cells. Life doesn't begin at conception but merely continues in a new form. Most of us think nothing of killing a few of our body's cells, even though they are parts of a living human. Every time you brush your teeth you are sloughing off and killing squamosal cells. Is it any different when said cells have the potential to become a growing fetus? Other than a few Jain monks, most of us don't think much about ending certain types of life and even said monks must end life, otherwise they would quickly die of disease. Our bodies kill millions of organisms every day on our behalf. Become a vegan because you abhor killing and you actually will be ending more life than someone who eats only meat. That slice of bread you ate for lunch contained hundreds of "murdered" wheat seeds.

Gibson's stance on calling abortion murder when the fetus can live on its own outside the uterus is probably as good as we can get right now. However, even this is fraught with problems. primarily due to our ever expanding knowledge of life and the methods of maintaining it. Millions of abortions have been performed on fetuses older than those who have been saved by technology when born prematurely. Fetuses only 21 weeks old when born have survived. If a nurse, at the request of the mother, would have wrung that premature infant's neck both would now be serving time for murder. However, another woman who comes into the same hospital and has an even more viable fetus aborted suffers no consequences. Individual rights and choices aside, there is something a bit off here.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Abortion gives too much power to women, hence it should be banned.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I think you'd have to wonder why murder is bad in the first place. It's pretty hard to make a good case that killing your child before it has developed consciousness is wrong you know. It's pretty fucking hard to defend that statement with logic. It feels like its terrible to do such a thing, but you can push it and say thats okay.
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

jerom wrote:I think you''d have to wonder why murder is bad in the first place. It''s pretty hard to make a good case that killing your child before it has developed consciousness is wrong you know. It''s pretty fucking hard to defend that statement with logic. It feels like its terrible to do such a thing, but you can push it and say thats okay.
How do you determine when someone develops a consciousness and why is okay to murder someone without a consciousness vs someone who has one? And more importantly, what is a consciousness?