Longbow discussion

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Longbow discussion

Post by momuuu »

Some forum users think longbows are too weak and the subjects is continuously being braught up. Let's keep all the longbow discussion in this topic.
United States of America lesllamas
Lancer

Re: Longbow discussion

Post by lesllamas »

If only the mods could implement a tool where all of thebritish's posts appear in this thread instead of in others.

On topic: longbows are very strong units!!!!
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Longbows are pretty good even though they dont always hit the target, probably because of their range (26). Some kind of a bug.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I wonder if they practically have 1.5 rof or if its more like 2.5 or so with animation. Very strong unit regardless, especially for being available in colonial.
No Flag deuxballesman
Dragoon

Post by deuxballesman »

Very good especially for defence, pushing with them is a bit harder though. No need to touch them I feel
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

They suck when countering HI.
Also, how they will become OP if they get 2.0x multiplier vs HI as all other units have it?
-Skirms wont be affected and the fight results between lbow and skirm will stay the same.
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Austria KINGofOsmane
Pro Player
ESO: KINGofOsmane

Post by KINGofOsmane »

lb>yumi enought said
"Losing to Callen was the worst night of my life" Gibthedurrty 2019
"If hazza can get pr42 with team i can get pr50 with 1v1" Gibthedurrty 2018
Lecastete wrote: Dude i hate this game. I am bad and i also dont have luck
Tete cs:go experience
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Longbows shoot 2 times faster than skirmishers, no need to increase their bonuses.
France [Armag] diarouga
Ninja
NWC LAN Gold
ESO: diarouga

Post by [Armag] diarouga »

Yumi>lb but yumis are op. lb are very good anyway, just ignore thebritish, he isn't an interesting guy.
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

Jerom wrote:I wonder if they practically have 1.5 rof or if its more like 2.5 or so with animation. Very strong unit regardless, especially for being available in colonial.

They definitely do – once they start firing!
New Zealand zoom
Gendarme
ESO: Funnu

Post by zoom »

thebritish wrote:They suck when countering HI.
Also, how they will become OP if they get 2.0x multiplier vs HI as all other units have it?
-Skirms wont be affected and the fight results between lbow and skirm will stay the same.

Because their base stats are far stronger than those of other ranged infantry, barring musketeers.
United States of America iCourt
Retired Contributor
ESO: iCourt

Post by iCourt »

Standardizes the unit so it will never happen with our patch team. LB is a soft counter unit based on how it's designed.

You really can't convince people at higher skill levels about this.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

iCourt wrote:Standardizes the unit so it will never happen with our patch team. LB is a soft counter unit based on how it's designed.

You really can't convince people at higher skill levels about this.

Then give british skirm type unit which i can use to counter musks. They have skirms from the church, which means those skirms can be added to the barracks and be only trainable only in age IV and age V. (so, the civ design to make lbows from start will stay).
Also, the fact that lbows require wood makes it worser for the brit player who needs to make them just to fight vs the enemy skirms..
krichk wrote: For some reason, you want the world to know that you're brave enough to challenge thebritish
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

I would say that increasing lbows multiplier vs HI with the veteran upgrade might be a good idea. This would mean that brit players wouldn't be able to steamroll everything with mass lbows in age 2 but in age 3, lbow goon would be able to beat musk huss combos which theoretically RI RC should. It would also help vs civs like india and japan, where currently if either of those civs stabilise in fortress brits can't do anything because they can't deal with their powerful musk type units. Also most civs can get counter infantry rifling in age 3, so brits probably should get some way to increase multiplier vs HI.
Australia Hazza54321
Pro Player
Winter Champion 2020 x2Donator 01
ESO: PrinceofBabu

Post by Hazza54321 »

#BTB
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

Leave them how they are. They're good, unique. Pls don't standardize.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

lbows are fine and brits never had a problem vs HI. /thread
Image Image Image
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

lb are fine imo. Yumi the op anti cav need nerf
Chile nn1850
Skirmisher
ESO: NN_1850

Post by nn1850 »

well the only thing that i see wrong with lbs is their animation, because is awkward kiting with them. So maybe if buff their animations, you could use them more effective. Just that ;)
Youtube channel: :arrow: https://www.youtube.com/c/NN1850_age3
AOE 3 in spanish - AOE 3 en español
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Longbows are fine when you realize they aren't skirmisher and you can't use them exactly like skirmisher......
Serbia Atomiswave
Lancer

Post by Atomiswave »

Longbows are fine. With yeomen, they are useful in late game.
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Lbs will beat any other ranged infantry unit. They have more dps overall. They are worse against HI, that's the price to pay for their polyvalence.
The only real problem with lbs is their lack of upgrades, they only have +10% hp from arsenal for late game, while most other civs can upgrade their RI : because of AA (upgrades skirms greatly) and of homecity upgrades (AFAIK, ger fre otto russ ports dutch iro china japs can ship stuff to upgrade their RI).
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

gibson wrote:Longbows are fine when you realize they aren't skirmisher and you can't use them exactly like skirmisher......

Then give brits skirmisher which can be trained from barracks and i wont complain about lbows being so bad.
-Also, it wont cost you anything to try new things and make lbows better.
No Flag thebritish
Jaeger

Post by thebritish »

Kaiserklein wrote:

Lbs will beat any other ranged infantry unit. They have more dps overall. They are worse against HI, that's the price to pay for their polyvalence.

Finally someone who understands.
They can beat other skirms, but they cant beat musks which means brits need a skirmisher type unit...
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

thebritish wrote:
gibson wrote:Longbows are fine when you realize they aren't skirmisher and you can't use them exactly like skirmisher......

Then give brits skirmisher which can be trained from barracks and i wont complain about lbows being so bad.
-Also, it wont cost you anything to try new things and make lbows better.
lol no. The civs shouldn't be standardized. Every civ needs to keep its uniqueness and giving brit skirmishers would remove from their uniqueness. Plus lb are already a skirmisher type unit lol, they just aren't identical to skirms