E3 2016. New Age Of Empires.

What do you think Microsoft will show on E3 2016?

Age of Empires Mobile
19%
Age of Empires 4
51%
Age of Empires 2 Expansion
4%
Age of Empires 3 Expansion
14%
Age of Mythology Expansion
1%
Age of Empires I HD
10%

Total votes: 90

United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Re: E3 2016. New Age Of Empires.

Post by n0el »

Age of Hodor....too soon :'(
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

I like how the average community member is still really hopeful for aoe4, which btw would be aoe5.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

What makes you think that AoEO is AoE4 ?
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

The part where it was the fourth aoe game. Unless aoe4 would specifically refer to a game set in WW era.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

I trust this Holy Book ! Everything it predicted actually occurred.Image
United States of America Papist
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Papist

Post by Papist »

An AoE game set in WW2 is a bad idea - it would trespass on the turf of well-established games like Company of Heroes. Better to set it during WW1 - there is much more unexplored material there.
The function of man is to live, not to exist.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Setting it in any ww era is a stupid decision for an age of game. If anything, itd be both world wars and some after that, otherwise the element of aging might aswell be removed.

But the entire concept of villagers, food/wood/gold/(stone), dynamic units with a clear rock paper scizors counter system, town centers, houses and more can be thrown out of the window. Then ask yourself if that would still be aoe? To me, clearly not.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

That's why we have to wait for so long, the developers have been thinking of a way to set AoE in more modern times and now we'll get a perfect new game, right?!?!?!
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

I agree Jerome! AOE should stick to its rooks finessing the ancient era, lets other games take on the challenges that would make a modern game different. AOEO actually had a lot of potential to go the right way, just started with too few civs and corney grpahics
Canada Cocaine
Lancer
ESO: Cow God

Post by Cocaine »

The holly bible of AOE predicted an in WW1-2, so it has been written so it shall become. AOE online was a failure, they wont do that. AOE for mobile not gona happen because #fuckit. Aoe1-2 improvements expansion wont happen cuz they already did that, all that is left is either honestly releasing another expansion for this aoe WHICH I DOUBT because this game is dead, OR indeed releasing a new AOE set in a new age.

Remember aoe1-2, before aoe3 came out, it was daying out... NOW aoe3 brought back its popularity. This is the same thing now, revive the game with a new age.

YOLO this is such a tease, if they wont release a new aoe I'll kill bill gates.
A little Cocaine never hurt nobody!

Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

kill bill :pop:
AoE2 had had expansions before, and yet they still released 2 new in 2013 and 2015.
AoE: CS is the official AoE game on mobiles.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

"–]gamevideo113 5 points 4 days ago
I remember that a couple years ago microsoft opened a new studio called Decisive Games which was to develop a RTS from a well known brand... AoE4, is it you? I am super hyped"

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

pecelot wrote:That's why we have to wait for so long, the developers have been thinking of a way to set AoE in more modern times and now we'll get a perfect new game, right?!?!?!

no it's not going to be aoe. I'm all for new RTS games but a game in WW era isn't going to be extra special for an aoe fan more than it is for an RTS fan.
Italy NoRules89
Crossbow

Post by NoRules89 »

there are many games on the First and Second World War, I hope they do release a new expansion also improving the age of empires 3 graphics
Canada forgrin
Howdah
ESO: Forgrin

Post by forgrin »

If they were to do something aoe related I think the most likely is a Napoleonic wars expansion for aoe3. All other eras have been tread on too much in the RTS genre and aoe3 has alot of unexplored potential.
https://www.twitch.tv/forgin14

"WTF WHERE ARE MY 10 FALCS" - AraGun_OP
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

We already have a Napoleanic Wars expansion for AoE3..
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Canada Cocaine
Lancer

Post by Cocaine »

iNcog wrote:We already have a Napoleanic Wars expansion for AoE3..

But its not LEGIT motha fucka. We can't play the civs online on normal servers and stuff. GOD.

Netherlands Mr_Bramboy
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: [VOC] Bram

Post by Mr_Bramboy »

Cocaine wrote:

But its not LEGIT motha fucka. We can't play the civs online on normal servers and stuff. GOD.

Actually you can. You can even play rated on the NE patch.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

Mr_Bramboy wrote:
Cocaine wrote:

Actually you can. You can even play rated on the NE patch.

Yeah lol,
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I think a lot of people overestimate the significance of aoe3. If you're realistic you'll realize that we're more comparable to aoeo than to aoe2 in terms of popularity and success. It's easy to think that aoe3 is the shit, but quite frankly it can't even compete with an ugly, shitty game that dates from the ancient era.

If any big title releases, it has something to do with aoe2. If they make an expansion, it will be an aoe2 expansion, potentially aom but I don't really know where that game stands in the series in terms of popularity. Besides, if they were really releasing an aoe3 expansion, wouldn't you think someone in this community, the main community for aoe3, would know more about it?

I don't think it's going to be an aoe2 expansion, since they released one very recently and the team that's supposed to work on aoe2 (forgotten empires) isn't the team that's supposed to be making a new title (decisive games) so I think we can cross that off. Age of mythology and age of empires 3 expansions seem to make little sense given the timescale of the project (its supposed to be more than 1.5 years since the rumour of a new age title) and the little popularity of those games. A new mobile game is not only not E3 worthy but it also seems weird to start competing with aoe castle siege.
I personally think an aoe2-like remake (call it aoe4, which should be aoe5, they're just going to call it age of empires - subtitle) which heavily borrows aoe2 elements is the most likely. A new game in the Halo series is not unlikely either because that promotes their xbox one. That point is what I fear might prevent a new aoe game is that age of empires doesn't really serve microsoft's interest. They already established windows computers as the gaming computers. Their interest seems to be the phone/tablet market and gaming console market (xbox one), in neither of which aoe could play a role (although I have a theory that aoeo was meant to have a home city management phone/tablet app to support the windows phones).
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

forgrin wrote:If they were to do something aoe related I think the most likely is a Napoleonic wars expansion for aoe3. All other eras have been tread on too much in the RTS genre and aoe3 has alot of unexplored potential.

if they were to announce an aoe 3 excpansion (which I doubt ) this would make perfect sense. Minimal effort and maximun income was always microsofts maxime and its not like they havent done this before.
Forgottten Empires was a completly fanmade expansion for aoe 2 and microsoft just seized it and released it as an official expansion. They didnt even give an audio narration for the campaigns there which is pathetic.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

lordraphael wrote:
forgrin wrote:If they were to do something aoe related I think the most likely is a Napoleonic wars expansion for aoe3. All other eras have been tread on too much in the RTS genre and aoe3 has alot of unexplored potential.

if they were to announce an aoe 3 excpansion (which I doubt ) this would make perfect sense. Minimal effort and maximun income was always microsofts maxime and its not like they havent done this before.
Forgottten Empires was a completly fanmade expansion for aoe 2 and microsoft just seized it and released it as an official expansion. They didnt even give an audio narration for the campaigns there which is pathetic.

You'd believe Tilanus would know more about that right. Judging from some recent things he said about NE, it's not happening :p
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

If the Decisive Games information from 2015 was correct and related to this E3 release than I expect a new AoE standalone game that will be dual released on Windows 10 and Xbox.
mad cuz bad
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Yeah, well if both the decisive games rumour and the E3 rumour are correct then it doesn't become unlikely that the announcement regards the decisive games developement. It seems to fit the timing window right, assuming they had been going on for a little bit and are going to continue for say, a year. I don't know what the exact development time is nowadays, but that doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Then, you can speculate on what decisive games is developing and I think there are two main candidates: a new aoe game and a new halo game. I hope they have their senses with them and just make a pc only aoe game. Dont port RTS games to consoles, it doesnt work. I beg them to not do that.

They're probably going to do that.
Bavaria Gichtenlord
Howdah
Donator 03

Post by Gichtenlord »

Jerom wrote:Yeah, well if both the decisive games rumour and the E3 rumour are correct then it doesn't become unlikely that the announcement regards the decisive games developement. It seems to fit the timing window right, assuming they had been going on for a little bit and are going to continue for say, a year. I don't know what the exact development time is nowadays, but that doesn't seem unreasonable to me. Then, you can speculate on what decisive games is developing and I think there are two main candidates: a new aoe game and a new halo game. I hope they have their senses with them and just make a pc only aoe game. Dont port RTS games to consoles, it doesnt work. I beg them to not do that.

They're probably going to do that.

Yeah, Im scared it that it would be a really simplistic rts if they were to release it on xbox as well :|
r]