England maybe leave EU june 23.

This is for discussions about news, politics, sports, other games, culture, philosophy etc.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

England maybe leave EU june 23.

Post by spanky4ever »

The polls are in favor of England leaving EU. I think they should! EU makes more decisions on your everyday life than the politicians that you voted for.
what do you think about brexit?? Next coming up is TPP - that will give government and ordinary ppl even less empowerment :huh:
Hippocrits are the worst of animals. I love elifants.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Re: England maybe leave EU june 23.

Post by yemshi »

If I acctually liked England I could say that leaving the EU is one of the worst things that can happen to the EU. Unfortunately though I do not - and therefore am happy to have as few things in common with the incest isle as possible.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@yemshi so pretty much say good riddens?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

On my personal point of view: yes.
On the more rational point of view: definitely no.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Yeah, I think the UK is better off outside the EU. The EU will be in better shape without the UK. It will take time but not having the USA pawn inside the EU will make it easier to implement some policies which the Brits always opposed. Also now everyone who wants to trade in euros will have to skip London and do their financial operations through another European capital, either Berlin or Paris. Which will make the financial role of London decline over time, since who is interested in trading in pounds anyway? You have no advantage anymore if you do your international financial operations through London, after the UK leaves the EU. So they're basically shooting themselved in the foot, in the name of national pride.

So, cya Britain. Let's see how your trade balance will look like once you have to pay customs fees to sell or buy from the EU.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

Dolan wrote:Yeah, I think the UK is better off outside the EU. The EU will be in better shape without the UK. It will take time but not having the USA pawn inside the EU will make it easier to implement some policies which the Brits always opposed. Also now everyone who wants to trade in euros will have to skip London and do their financial operations through another European capital, either Berlin or Paris. Which will make the financial role of London decline over time, since who is interested in trading in pounds anyway? You have no advantage anymore if you do your international financial operations through London, after the UK leaves the EU. So they're basically shooting themselved in the foot, in the name of national pride.

What now?
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Well, as I said, their main concern was political/psychological. It also had to do with their own mental comfort of not having to take part in any policy of accepting migrants. So from this point of view, they're better off.
But from an economic point of view they're shooting themselves in the foot.
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

UK has always been the smartest EU member.

Is this the end of EU? I hope so.

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

London is the biggest whitewasher of black/dirty money! how will that change u think?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

I think England is in for a big change! Labour is on the rice - and will be elected next time.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

yoqpasa wrote:UK has always been the smartest EU member.

Mind to explain why a better economy and peace and democracy is a bad thing to have?
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Many ppl are saying Brexit will be the end of EU
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

The UK will never leave the EU because they will have to re-negotiate all their contracts and it will take fxcking years. UKIP & BNP should be dismantled asap.
Britons just want to cut the hand that's been feeding them.
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Mimsy for President wrote:The UK will never leave the EU because they will have to re-negotiate all their contracts and it will take fxcking years. UKIP & BNP should be dismantled asap.

That is pretty much a dream/make beleaf - go check the polls dude :unsure:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

Personally I would like Brexit - and make strong connection to Norway and Island!
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

44% of UK's trade is with EU countries. Once they leave the EU, they have to pay customs fees to sell/buy inside the EU. That's like an extra tax on almost half of Britain's commercial dealings.

Also many international companies will have to decide whether they will still do most of their financial operations in the city of London and pay more taxes to repatriate that capital or just choose to move their operations to another big financial city inside the EU. For example, big banks like Deutsche Bank which is involved in a lot of big international trades will most surely not want to run its operations through London anymore and lose money.

The city of London stands to lose access to one of the biggest markets in the world, for both financial assets and commodities.
Great Britain britishmusketeer
Howdah

Post by britishmusketeer »

Leave would probably be best, but people won't vote for it since they will vote for the safe option.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

iwillspankyou wrote:
Mimsy for President wrote:The UK will never leave the EU because they will have to re-negotiate all their contracts and it will take fxcking years. UKIP & BNP should be dismantled asap.

That is pretty much a dream/make beleaf - go check the polls dude :unsure:
Are you comparing a referendum with...polls?
Spain yoqpasa
Lancer
ESO: yoqpasa

Post by yoqpasa »

yemshi wrote:

Mind to explain why a better economy and peace and democracy is a bad thing to have?

Lol, I don't think EU brought any of these things. Half Europe is economically screwd, peace/war have nothing to do with EU, is Norway in war or anything? And you talk about democracy when now foreign politicians tell you what to do.

Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

@Dolan the Swiss made the best deal ever - outside EU. Norway did pretty good to
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

44% of UK's trade is with EU countries. Once they leave the EU, they have to pay customs fees to sell/buy inside the EU. That's like an extra tax on almost half of Britain's commercial dealings.

You pretend that you dont need UK marked! You do :idea:
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

yoqpasa wrote:
yemshi wrote:

Lol, I don't think EU brought any of these things. Half Europe is economically screwd, peace/war have nothing to do with EU, is Norway in war or anything? And you talk about democracy when now foreign politicians tell you what to do.

Democracy is one of the requirements for the EU.
Foreign politicians do - with your own politicians - make rules, that is true. But they don't tell you what to do.
Germany yemshi
Jaeger

Post by yemshi »

iwillspankyou wrote:Personally I would like Brexit - and make strong connection to Norway and Island!

Norway does not want to come in the EU because first of all: they would prolly pay more than they'd get back also caused by second of all: the EU-ian fish and whaling rules which would destroy a big part of the norwegian economy.(HINT: Norway has money)
Island acctually wanted to get into the EU in 2009. Since they draw back their proposal in 2015 this is unlikly aswell (:
Norway spanky4ever
Gendarme
iwillspankyou

Post by spanky4ever »

yemshi wrote:
iwillspankyou wrote:Personally I would like Brexit - and make strong connection to Norway and Island!

Norway does not want to come in the EU because first of all: they would prolly pay more than they'd get back also caused by second of all: the EU-ian fish and whaling rules which would destroy a big part of the norwegian economy.(HINT: Norway has money)
Island acctually wanted to get into the EU in 2009. Since they draw back their proposal in 2015 this is unlikly aswell (:

yeah - not wanting to be ripped of like England is now :idea:
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Switzerland is an exception, because they were a financial safe heaven until recently. But they're already starting to have issues with their currency, which was pegged against the euro. Once they de-coupled this connection with the euro, they basically fucked themselves, because everyone rushed to buy Swiss francs, which made their currency overvalued. This made their exports very expensive, so their economy was heavily hit by this decision. As they tried to devalue the Swiss franc, they kept printing money and selling them against the euro, until they acquired almost 489 bilion $ worth of euros in treasury reserves (about 70% of Switzerland's GDP). This is a major risk of inflation, if all those printed francs are sold and come back to Switzerland, they're in a big poopoo. Also, recently, I think they had problems with the EU not validating their rights to export some products on EU markets.

Norway pays a hefty price for being in the EEA (European Economic Area), about 850 milion euros per year, which is about the same amount of money the UK pays to the EU per capita (as a EU member). So that status Norway negotiated is quite expensive for you, you have to pay a lot just to be able to access the EU common market. And now that oil prices have fallen a lot, Norway's economy is starting to feel the burn.