The Left's War on Christianity

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Why are Christians being persecuted?

Why is society losing respect for traditional Christian values?

Discuss.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ↑
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

But don't you understand that the death of Christianity portends the end of liberalism and the rise of Fascist Islam as a global ideology?
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

What do you suggest ought to br done with such people?
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

We will tax immigrants and use the revenue to subsidize Christian institutions. Anyone who does not openly subscribe to a Christian faith will be subjected to public humiliation. Anyone who does not read the Bible will be subjected to public humiliation. Anyone who does not attend church each Sunday will be transported there by force of arms, and induced to listen to edifying sermons until they renounce their heretical creeds and fall gratefully into the arms of the one true God.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

I was asking incog :/
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Damn you heretic!
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Post by divine_moon »

i thought legend was supposed to start this thread! :D
LOL hogging the topix Cookie? ')

cookie is your name andy? should i call u that?
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

divinemoon wrote:i thought legend was supposed to start this thread! :D

Yes.
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Post by divine_moon »

frycookofdoom wrote:
divinemoon wrote:i thought legend was supposed to start this thread! :D

Yes.
ook sir, tho i have to admit i like calling you cookie :D
andy it is... now back to the topic..
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

drlegend wrote:
frycookofdoom wrote:Why are Christians being persecuted?

Why is society losing respect for traditional Christian values?

Discuss.
Good goy, Andy.

Christianity is under attack on two fronts. First, a percentage of the population are statists and believe that by reducing the influence of Christianity they will be able to change the source of peoples physical support and moral guidance from the church to the state. Second, a percentage of the population are anti-theists and are diametrically opposed to Christianitys values and wish to see an end to it and the birth of a world whose values are based solely on pure "logic" and hedonism.

Society is slowly losing its respect for Christianity because these two groups have had a disproportionate amount of influence in education and the news and entertainment industries for the past few decades and the advent of the Internet has only intensified this influence. If you turn on a TV now the odds are you will come across a sitcom espousing socially liberal values. Interviews with bigshots in the entertainment industry show that they intentionally slide socially liberal material into programs that dont necessarily have anything to do with such topics. For instance the creator of Friends has said that she made an episode about gay marriage solely "as an FU to the rightwing." Hollywoods able to "indoctrinate" the population by creating shows with likable and relatable characters and then have them espouse socially liberal beliefs that viewers become desensitized to and eventually accept because all their fun and likable virtual "friends" have them.

There is now a very large movement that is made up of religious and nonreligious people who are attempting to stop this degeneracy and conserve the material and personal stability and prosperity that a moral and sane society has provided for us. There has been a very large backlash against the Lefts attempts to among other things force Christian business owners to provide services for events they have religious objections to. There is also support that is nearing supermajority-level for reducing the maximum age for elective abortion to 20-weeks or less such as in most European countries.
I thoroughly agree with you. Once we deprive people of their right to have an abortion, and induce them to abandon the misbegotten belief that homosexuality is natural, well finally be able to create a society in which liberalism can truly flourish, and usher in an age of unparalleled freedom and prosperity. All the stands in the way between us and the promised land are the masses of unwashed, indoctrinated Islamic Communists who threaten our nation with darkness. Even as I type this Im being overwhelmed by sweeping waves of sexual pleasure at the thought of the paradise of freedom that we could create. If only people would wake up for once and cast away their sinister delusions, the moment of Christian salvation would arise! But such is the nature of our suffering that we must overcome the most demanding tribulations in order to achieve our aims.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

Alright Dragon, I've come up with a list of policies that we could use to enforce our Christian agenda. What do you think?

1) Christianity is the official state religion. All other religions are banned. Heresy and false worship incur the penalty of forced immolation.

2) The state exercises God-given authority over its people. The word of God is inviolable. It is the purpose of the state to ensure that all people behave flawlessly according to Christian principles.

3) God is merciful, all-powerful and benevolent. It is logically impossible for there to be other Gods.

4) To enhance the ability of the state to bring about its heavenly initiatives, the police force will be replaced by a citizen's militia composed of local, white Christian males. They will punish those who stray from the path of true belief. They will be called the Konsecrated Khristian Kommandoes.

Do you have any further suggestions?
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

You're the one trolling me, and I'm just playing to your tune. That's the way it's always been, and that's the way it always will be.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

You trolled me in the previous thread when you compelled me into making this one. You intimated to me that you wanted a debate on 'The Left's War on Christianity', so I came up with material that I thought you could use as groundwork for an argument. That's all. If you hadn't said anything, this thread would never have been made, and we wouldn't be here talking about this. It's all you, doctor.
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

drlegend wrote:How is that a troll post?

[img]http://cdn.gifbay.com/2013/03/mfw-38366.gif"]
How is this not a troll post?

Do you seriously think anyone would believe that you haven''t been trolling us this whole time?
No Flag divine_moon
Dragoon

Post by divine_moon »

frycookofdoom wrote: Konsecrated Khristian Kommandoes.

that is indeed quite a name! :thumbsup:
No Flag Mr. Pecksniff
Howdah

Post by Mr. Pecksniff »

drlegend wrote:You''re a textbook case of someone who was raised in a liberal environment and is now shocked and in a state of disbelief after meeting someone whose opinions are shared by the majority of regular people instead of the minority of liberal propagandists. What, do you want me to post a bunch of polls showing that most people throughout history and in 2015 agree with me? TV is not reality.

Sure.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

incog wrote:
umeu wrote:What do you suggest ought to br done with such people?
Well, you tell me. Violence isnt supposed to solve violence for starters, but then again you tell me how to resolve this peacefully?

https://translate.google.com/translate? ... t=&act=url

french, untranslated source : http://observers.france24.com/fr/afghan ... e-violence

Christians did the exact same thing of course, only it was 300 years ago thank you very much. Its hard to call to respect religion at all when you see this sort of shit, arguably the only reason that Occidental countries are where they are today is because atheism becoming predominant and religion is losing its disgusting grasp on peoples lives. Its just that lesser developed countries are like 300 years late compared to Occidental cultures, I guess.

Its not like religion should be given credence really, I guess if youre peaceful about it its not a problem but as can be shown here, most people are too stupid for peaceful.

You are wrong about atheism, because sure, europe has secularised, but christianity is still the norm in most western countries. The authority of the church didnt really break until the late 19th century and by then most of the foundations for modernity were already built. All that remained really was to have two of the worst catastrophes in modern european and global history, both of which were of secular nature. In fact ww2 is really the war where rationality without moral guidance showed its ugly face for the first time. And the moral values of the west, though now secular, are largely christian values. And many people hold on to them with a similar fanatic zeal as what they accuse religious people of. In fact, it is apparant in your post as well, where you claim quite convinced of your own righteousness, that people who are too rigid in their beliefs ought not to have a place in our society. This seems to me hypocrite in the least.

Its true that people use religion to justify the craziest things, but heres the thing you have to realise, people ALWAYS use their convictions to justify their actions, atleast by hindsight. I agree that its problematic when people apply an outdated moral code to a world that ls changed too much for this code to be practical, but i think the problem here is not so much a faith in god or whatever, but people being so convinced of their own truth and right that they become blind to the others perspective. And sadly i see this attitude just as much in atheists as in religious people. But regardless of this, i also see that the majority of them is nonviolent and tolerant by large.

And to be practical, alienating these people by treating them as social outcast and unwanted abcesses of society is what plays right into the hands of those you are afraid of, and radicalises people instead of moderating them.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

You almost make me miss dragon :/
No Flag musketjr
Lancer

Post by musketjr »

the only thing i have to say about religion is that you are choosing to believe in a false dichotomy if you pit them against eachother. they are information.
France benj89
Howdah

Post by benj89 »

I wish people started to open their eyes and see which religion is the only one that cost most of the problem in this world
"Prestige is like a powerful magnet that warps even your beliefs about what you enjoy. If you want to make ambitious people waste their time on errands, bait the hook with prestige." - Paul Graham