Tour de France 2016

Place open for new posts — threads with fresh content will be moved to either Real-life Discussion or ESOC Talk sub-forums, where you can create new topics.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Tour de France 2016

Post by WickedCossack »

Anyone following the TDF this year or just me ? :love:

Predictions?

I think Froome (the guy in the picture) is gonna win it again though Quintana will be real close. Contador is the only other rider that stands a chance tbh. France will be dissapointed again no doubt.

Starts today.

Would also be great to see Sagan pick up a fifth green jersey.

JRod to win polkadots.

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Re: Tour de France 2016

Post by momuuu »

Is kruijsiwiek participating?

I seem to recall contador wasnt that great in the dauphine but its hard to predict. The tour is so lengthy that most cyclists cant keep top shape for the full three weeks. Last year for example we saw that froome peaked relatively early compared to quintana.

Also, no love for aru?
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Jerom wrote:Is kruijsiwiek participating?

I seem to recall contador wasnt that great in the dauphine but its hard to predict. The tour is so lengthy that most cyclists cant keep top shape for the full three weeks. Last year for example we saw that froome peaked relatively early compared to quintana.

Also, no love for aru?

Kruijswijk isn't, nor is Gesink. You've got Kelderman for GC though and Groenewegen for the sprints.

Well Aru sucked at the Dauphine even though he won a stage. He could be just copycatting Nibali though with some nice blood bags being taken out pre Dauphine and come good for the Tour. Very hard to tell. But even Aru in top Form can't beat the big 3.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Oh so only mollema and dumoulin to root for, meh. Is there one of those paris-roubaix days? We have some cyclists that are decent at that.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Nah no cobbles this year unfortunately.

I doubt Mollema will do anything as per usual and I'm not sure Dumo is going for GC. I really think Kelderman is your best bet for overall.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Well thats less fun then, Kelderman isn't good enough, not better than Mollema. We need our Kruisiwiek.

Is froome actually someone you root for as brit?
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

Who will be the most 'doped' this year? This noble sport is dead.
Portugal sergyou
Lancer

Post by sergyou »

quintana
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Is it going to be again who's got the best doctor with the best lab behind them?
No Flag stronk
Skirmisher

Post by stronk »

I think Quintana will win if he is more agressive. He showed that he is able to beat Froome last year. Contador no way
give that guy a manual
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

stronk wrote:I think Quintana will win if he is more agressive. He showed that he is able to beat Froome last year. Contador no way

Yea Quintana lacked balls last year and it cost him badly.

Froome is supposedly coming in to be fresher for the 3rd week which if accurate he should win. Quintanas probably better on the real tough mountain stages though of which there are many but I think Froome can take a minute out of him on the Ventoux.

Also jerom I do cheer for Froome, only cause so many people hate him I've come to like him !
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

I dont cheer for sky movistar katusha astana tinkoff russian and italian cyclists personally, out of anti doping principle.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Dolan wrote:Is it going to be again who's got the best doctor with the best lab behind them?
Still can be fun to watch. I mean who cares in the end. At least what the doctors are doing is somewhat sophisticated unlike training 10 hours a day and growing muscles. It's a shame we don't get to see what's going on behind the scenes though.
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

Goodspeed wrote: what's going on behind the scenes

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Yeah I meant the whole game of getting the best possible drug while keeping it undetectable
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

They just hire very good biochemists and doctors. They're not stupid. They follow all the regulatory committee publications and check which substances are forbidden. Then make sure whatever they are using is either untraceable or its effect is short-lived and it's metabolised fast.

I think I read somewhere once that the guys from the regulatory bodies were amazed to see that cyclists had better professional chemists and doctors than they did. Basically they had top of the top doctors who knew how to dodge biological testing.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Cavendish won the opening stage. :kinggreen:

Good result.

Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Sprints are boring. But well its tour de france so lets watch another 7 identical sprints.
No Flag deleted_user0
Ninja

Post by deleted_user0 »

they should just allow it up to overdose levels. then the best druggee can win the race.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Jerom wrote:Sprints are boring. But well its tour de france so lets watch another 7 identical sprints.

Well the actual sprint itself is always good, but yea sprint stages in general are the worst type of stage.

Last 1km of stage 1: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x4jfvlx_tour-de-france-2016-hd-stage-1-finish_sport?start=991
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

-- deleted post --

Reason: on request (off-topic bulk delete)
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote:
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

iNcog wrote:somoething something roids roids why the fuck do people even watch this shit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgyqAD5Z6_A

It's probably cleaner than 99% of other sports ironically but of course because of the history and how it's all played out ...
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

Its probably not clean at all given the level of those getting caught and the history of doping users which have been beaten by "clean" cyclists. Its naive to think that our detection methods have improved so much in 5-10 years. We probably just cant detect all sorts of things properly.

A serious question now, will the peleton catch the group of four? Im starting to be doubtful.
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

Jerom wrote:Its probably not clean at all given the level of those getting caught and the history of doping users which have been beaten by "clean" cyclists. Its naive to think that our detection methods have improved so much in 5-10 years. We probably just cant detect all sorts of things properly.

My statement was more indicative of how fucked up other sports are rather than how clean cycling is.
Palestine Mimsy for President
Jaeger

Post by Mimsy for President »

UCI is in cahoots with the cheaters.