Settler Wagon build rate

United States of America Kappatain
Crossbow
ESO: Kappatain

Settler Wagon build rate

Post by Kappatain »

Hey guys, do Settler Wagon's build faster than 2 villies? If so, is it 2.5x the rate?

(Yes, I googled it, couldn't find anything. Maybe I'm bad at googling xP...but if anyone has the exact speed of building relative to a villager, I'd be grateful :D)
Canada _NiceKING_
Retired Contributor
Donator 01
ESO: _NiceKING_
GameRanger ID: 9999999
Clan: Xbox

Re: Settler Wagon build rate

Post by _NiceKING_ »

Looking at the game files, settlers have 1.0 build rate and SW have 2.0 build rate.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Kappatain wrote:Hey guys, do Settler Wagon's build faster than 2 villies? If so, is it 2.5x the rate?
They do build faster than 2 vills, I think because they have x2 the build speed while 2 vills don't build twice as fast as 1 vill. Not sure about the numbers
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja
ESO: Jerom_

Post by momuuu »

Goodspeed wrote:
Kappatain wrote:Hey guys, do Settler Wagon's build faster than 2 villies? If so, is it 2.5x the rate?
They do build faster than 2 vills, I think because they have x2 the build speed while 2 vills don't build twice as fast as 1 vill. Not sure about the numbers

Actually I think SWs build faster in general too.
Germany lordraphael
Pro Player
EWTNWC LAN SilverAdvanced Division WinnerDonator 01

Post by lordraphael »

did any1 actually read mitoes german guide ?
Mitoe wrote:Settler Wagons (SW) provide the backbone of Germany's economy. Each SW is equivalent to 2 Settlers, but do have some advantages over regular Settlers that occasionally prove useful. For example: SWs construct buildings significantly faster than Settlers; tasking more than 1 Settler to building a building only increases the construction time by 25%, rather than doubling it. This means that if you were to use 2 Settlers to build a building you would only construct it at 125% the of the normal speed. SWs, however, construct buildings 300% faster than an ordinary Settler, which means you are actually saving time by using a SW than a normal settler. This is a small thing, but overtime you will save yourself some Villager Seconds by using SWs to construct buildings over Settlers, so long as you don't spend too much time walking to and from your resources to do so. This can also save you a lot of grief if you're about to pop a batch of units and use a SW to construct the house instead of a Settler. Additionally, you can transition to mills and plantations more efficiently than other civs, because you can essentially place the equivalent of 20 Settlers on a single mill or plantation. This rarely comes into play, but it can be helpful nonetheless. To top it all off, the fact that SWs have 30% ranged resistance and take a lot of time to kill makes them useful in holding important timings and blocking enemy unit pathing around your Town Center.
breeze wrote: they cant even guess how much f***ing piece of stupid retarded they look they are trying to give lesson to people who are over pr35 and know the best mu. im pretty sure that we need a page that only pr30+ post and then we could have a nice discussins.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

If you make 1 SW build 2 houses, is that faster than when you task two vills to each build 1 house?
Germany yemshi
Jaeger
ESO: yemshi

Post by yemshi »

You should always build your houses with one vill if possible. Reason for that is that you don't lose 5 villagers for the 5secs it needs to build that house. It's rather insignificant though.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

@lordraphael Actually I just checked and apparently I'm wrong XD it is only 2x as fast as NiceKing pointed out. Thinking about it I'm not sure where I got the notion that it was 3x.

So you don't actually SAVE villager seconds by constructing buildings with a Settler Wagon, but if you need a building constructed quickly, at least it's still better to use a Settler Wagon than 2 villagers because you won't LOSE any villager seconds.

@Jerom It's the same speed. A villager spends 10 seconds constructing a house while a Settler Wagon spends 5.

Edit: I just discovered something very interesting. If you task both a Settler Wagon and a Settler to construct a house, it actually INCREASES the build time of the house by 1 second. So instead of taking 5 seconds to construct the house with a Settler Wagon it takes 6. Wtf? I tried this again with a barracks and used 1 SW to construct 1 rax while using 1 SW and 1 villager to construct a 2nd rax, and it took MORE time for the SW and villager to construct the rax than the 1 SW.

So yeah. NEVER use a Settler with a Settler Wagon to construct a building. EVER.

Edit2: Just tested this again with a building that takes longer to construct like a TP. It took 1 SW 30 seconds to construct a TP, but it took a SW + Settler ~50 seconds.
Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

SW do build faster than 2 vills, it is probably because of walking time.
Image Image Image
Malaysia Aizamk
Pro Player
ESOC WarChiefs Classic 2017

Post by Aizamk »

Mitoe wrote:@lordraphael Actually I just checked and apparently I'm wrong XD it is only 2x as fast as NiceKing pointed out. Thinking about it I'm not sure where I got the notion that it was 3x.

So you don't actually SAVE villager seconds by constructing buildings with a Settler Wagon, but if you need a building constructed quickly, at least it's still better to use a Settler Wagon than 2 villagers because you won't LOSE any villager seconds.

@Jerom It's the same speed. A villager spends 10 seconds constructing a house while a Settler Wagon spends 5.

Edit: I just discovered something very interesting. If you task both a Settler Wagon and a Settler to construct a house, it actually INCREASES the build time of the house by 1 second. So instead of taking 5 seconds to construct the house with a Settler Wagon it takes 6. Wtf? I tried this again with a barracks and used 1 SW to construct 1 rax while using 1 SW and 1 villager to construct a 2nd rax, and it took MORE time for the SW and villager to construct the rax than the 1 SW.

So yeah. NEVER use a Settler with a Settler Wagon to construct a building. EVER.

Edit2: Just tested this again with a building that takes longer to construct like a TP. It took 1 SW 30 seconds to construct a TP, but it took a SW + Settler ~50 seconds.

STOP OBSERVING THEM, MITOE! THEY BEHAVE DIFFERENTLY WHEN OBSERVED!
oranges.
Netherlands edeholland
ESOC Community Team
Donator 01
ESO: edeholland
GameRanger ID: 4053888
Clan: ESOC

Post by edeholland »

Aizamk wrote:
Mitoe wrote:@lordraphael Actually I just checked and apparently I'm wrong XD it is only 2x as fast as NiceKing pointed out. Thinking about it I'm not sure where I got the notion that it was 3x.

STOP OBSERVING THEM, MITOE! THEY BEHAVE DIFFERENTLY WHEN OBSERVED!

Schrödingers Settler Wagons have always behaved weirdly.
China fei123456
Jaeger
ESO: fei123456

Post by fei123456 »

1 settler wagon=2.5 settler at building/opening crates.

and building speed: in fact it's similar to asian wonders. so it's always the most cost-effective way to build with one vill, and building with 5+ vills will waste quite a lot of resources. try to avoid them when not necessary.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Mitoe wrote:Edit: I just discovered something very interesting. If you task both a Settler Wagon and a Settler to construct a house, it actually INCREASES the build time of the house by 1 second. So instead of taking 5 seconds to construct the house with a Settler Wagon it takes 6. Wtf? I tried this again with a barracks and used 1 SW to construct 1 rax while using 1 SW and 1 villager to construct a 2nd rax, and it took MORE time for the SW and villager to construct the rax than the 1 SW.

Haha you gotta love bugs like these
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

I'm just crying about all the times in age 1 where I barely get enough wood for the house in time and I put a SW + a vill on it and lose time :(

It's not big enough to really matter, but still makes me sad.
No Flag deleted_user
Ninja

Post by deleted_user »

With this knowledge Mitoe is probably the favorite to the tourney now.
Netherlands momuuu
Ninja

Post by momuuu »

deleted_user wrote:With this knowledge Mitoe is probably the favorite to the tourney now.

but he just shared it :o
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Garja wrote:SW do build faster than 2 vills, it is probably because of walking time.

Walking time while constructing? What do you mean? :?:

Italy Garja
Retired Contributor
Donator 02
ESO: Garja

Post by Garja »

vills don't start building at the same time. Also each vill decrease the building time by just 5 secs, so ye one SW is much faster than 2 vills except for houses.
Image Image Image
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

1 SW builds twice as fast as 1 vil. However, the building speed isn't linear, e.g 2 vils don't build twice as fast as 1 vil. I remember you actually need 4 vils to build twice as fast as 1 vil (or as fast as 1 SW). Not sure about 2 and 3 vils, they probs build somewhere around 1.5 times faster than 1 vil.
That's why you always try to use SWs to build stuff as ger, because they build fast, and if you used vils you'd need to put 4 vils on each building to be as fast as 1 SW, which is obviously a waste of 2 vils not gathering meanwhile.
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Brazil macacoalbino
Howdah
ESO: MacacoAlbino
Clan: 3Huss

Post by macacoalbino »

Garja wrote:vills don't start building at the same time. Also each vill decrease the building time by just 5 secs, so ye one SW is much faster than 2 vills except for houses.

Ok, i thought you were answering the housing question ^^

Mali SenorCallen
Skirmisher

Post by SenorCallen »

deleted_user wrote:With this knowledge Mitoe is probably the favorite to the tourney now.

please no more jokes on this
"I suck"

-Mitoe

"Ugh I suck"

-Mitoe
United States of America noissance
Jaeger
Donator 01
ESO: noissance

Post by noissance »

what about 2 settler wagons on a building?
Error 404: Signature not found
Canada Mitoe

Post by Mitoe »

noissance wrote:what about 2 settler wagons on a building?

2 SWs on a building is 25% faster than 1 SW (if I remember my testing correctly). So it's pretty wasteful as well.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Kaiserklein wrote:1 SW builds twice as fast as 1 vil. However, the building speed isn't linear, e.g 2 vils don't build twice as fast as 1 vil. I remember you actually need 4 vils to build twice as fast as 1 vil (or as fast as 1 SW). Not sure about 2 and 3 vils, they probs build somewhere around 1.5 times faster than 1 vil.
That's why you always try to use SWs to build stuff as ger, because they build fast, and if you used vils you'd need to put 4 vils on each building to be as fast as 1 SW, which is obviously a waste of 2 vils not gathering meanwhile.

I'm surprised you're the first one to mention this, obviously 1 SW>2 vills because 2 vills don't build twice as fast as one vill :!:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

I'm not the first one to mention it
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..