Diplomunion Tournament Start

New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Diplomunion Tournament Start

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

ok here we go just an update and the groups, as well as the official start for group 1.

Official Rules
- These are subject to change based upon what I feel at the time.
1) You have 1 week to do your match, otherwise you default, unless you give me a reason.
2) It will be played on EP and nothing else.
3) Building-Rotator Mod will be allowed.
4) Alt-d/s won't. It's too OP.
5) Play by the map pool, or it's a default.
6) You need to have a caster or admin present when you play to enforce these rules, like a ref.
7) If there is no suitable time to play or everyone is busy then pm me and I will put you into another group.
8) If there is a confusion then my word is the final word.

Update?
I posted one here: https://www.diplomunion.com/index.php?t ... ate.23321/
but it wasn't final. The current groups, and final groups are:

Group 1
Group 2
Group 3
Group 4
Group 5
Group 6

Note if you do not see your name there, and you are not Diarouga, then please tell me and I will add you. If you are Diarouga then you have been removed due to violation of the rules.

Times:
Group 1: Week 2 (12-) of Dec
Group 2: Week 3
Group 3: Week 1 of January
Group 4: Week 2 of January
Group 5: Week 3 of January
Group 6: Week 4 of January

The reason I am allowing 1 week per group is so everyone can play even with commitments, and so the casters/me can take a break and edit etc. I think 1 week is reasonable, but of course if we get more casters, then the more games we will be able to play within a time. If we get 4 casters then 2 groups will be able to play within a week.

It's not very fair on the people organizing it if we have to cram everyone in a short time period, so 1 week is necessary. Apologies to the people that have to wait a while for their game. If you wish to change your group or want to play early, then PM me on the discord or on the ESO-C forums. Alternatively just reply here.

Media and Casting
If you have a great voice it would be very nice if you could cast. Game knowledge is not necessary for this tournament (unless higher-level 20+ games) but it would be nice :). If you would like to cast, then just reply and I will add you to the list.

All games will be recorded and uploaded to my YouTube, should you wish to see it. I will try and stream all the games, however my personal life is ramping up a bit and I might not have time. If another caster wishes to have it on their channel (more views for you) then you can stream it.

All recorded games will be available at the end of the respective groups. All groups are subject to change pending sign-ups, apart from games that have already been done.

Note
This does mean that Group 1 is starting tomorrow (NZST), so please organize a time and reach me or @hleung if you are in Group 1.

If I have missed anything please tell me, because I am typing this early and need my 6 cups of coffee.

If you want to sign up you still can, but now you must be above the PR of group 1 to enter, as not to conflict with this stage.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Re: Diplomunion Tournament Start

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

almalek wrote:i'm the noob there.. also why other 2 25viver in different group..

Groups are (meant) to be in of 8. All the PR is sorted numerically, it just happens there were more than one PR 25, so they would get sorted alphabetically (or should be). It's just chance you are in a different group. I can swap you with the other PR25 if u want.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Sweden Gendarme
Gendarme
Donator 03
ESO: Gendarme

Post by Gendarme »

I won't be playing in this tournament even though I signed up some weeks ago. You can feel free to remove me from the list. I didn't think I would quit the game so soon.
Pay more attention to detail.
United States of America __Uhlan__
Dragoon
ESO: __UhLaN__

Post by __Uhlan__ »

Looks like fun. GL HF everyone.
Korea South Vinyanyérë
Retired Contributor
Donator 06
ESO: duolckrad, Kuvira
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by Vinyanyérë »

Almalek's last ~4 tournament matches have been admin wins. He just wants to play AoEIII, but nobody will let him!
duck
:mds:
imo
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

This is the always-updated list. I really CBF uploading separate images all the time

Winners and stuff will be there too.

[EDIT] click on "copy of form responses ;P"
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
No Flag tedere12
Jaeger

Post by tedere12 »

almalek wrote:i'm the noob there.. also why other 2 25viver in different group..

Im pr24 now so you cant complain
Netherlands Me4rts
Crossbow
ESO: Me4rts

Post by Me4rts »

I am willing to cast some lower level games
Spain NekoBerk
Lancer
ESO: Nirket

Post by NekoBerk »

Great!, i can't wait to play and be raped the 3rd week of January! xD
"That's why we sing for these kids who don't have a thing
Except for a dream and a fuckin' rap magazine " - Eminem

"And we hate po-po
Wanna kill us dead in the street fo sho' " - Kendrick Lamar
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Me4rts wrote:I am willing to cast some lower level games

Cool I'll add you to the list :)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
France Steakgrillé
Crossbow
ESO: Steakgrille

Post by Steakgrillé »

Why alt-s is forbidden ? I don't know how it icould be OP
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Steakgrillé wrote:Why alt-s is forbidden ? I don't know how it icould be OP

Just a joke. I'm referring to when your explorer is down, and you can use alt-s or alt-d to continually bring him back to life. Using that as normal hotkeys is not forbidden, but reviving your explorer is.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

Do we have to play all group games in one week? How many games are we supposed to play? Also, if we could get seperate threads for each group that'd be great @admins

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Post by hleung »

sdsanft wrote:Do we have to play all group games in one week? How many games are we supposed to play? Also, if we could get seperate threads for each group that'd be great @admins

It was mentioned earlier on by Jakey on Diplomunion, but I guess he forgot to mention it here. "You will play with the player adjacent to you. For instance Inferous vs Ignitex etc." See here: https://www.diplomunion.com/index.php?threads/diplomunion-tournament-groupings-update.23321/

For the first round, the games will be played in BO3 series - maps will be vetoed by the players from the map pool. The map pool is here: http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8803

And yes, it would be a great idea to get separate threads for each group - if we are allowed to do so on ESOC forums.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

@JakeyBoyTH I think it might be a good idea to post a megathread with all the info included on ESOC and Diplomunion so that the players do not have to go through multiple threads in two separate forums to look for info about the tourney.

Also, I should be free for co-casting starting from Round 2 (if I can get VPN up and working for me).

A few suggestions (regarding the rules) to bring forward:
1. Good sportsmanship is expected.
2. As long as the building rotator mod is not abused (as in not having the Toshogu Shrine + market + stable rotated to form a wall or sth similar to that), it is allowed.
3. (Specifically about the games which low-level players are involved) If a player is losing the game decisively (as in losing too much to make a come-back and way behind in score), the player should resign - while we appreciate the effort of trying to make an incredible and "potentially entertaining" come-back, it is also pointless and a waste of time in that stage.
4. The co-casters (or one caster plus an admin) is allowed to enforce suggested rules #2 and #3 with fair judgements (and appropriate reasons).
5. The players should download the ESOC Patch and UI maps before the games (Links below). Again, big thanks to @Garja , @Rikikipu , @Aizamk and the ESOC Patch Team for making this tournament possible and more enjoyable.
ESOC Patch: http://eso-community.net/esoc-patch.php
UI Maps (just the maps, not the UI): http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6608

Some suggestions/instructions to the (co-)casters:
1. Be fair. Give reasons for the decisions which might affect the game(s) directly/indirectly. If you are unable to make the call or if you are casting on your own, please find one of the admins.
2. Try to cast with a partner (i.e. co-cast). It makes things easier and possibly way better than it would be on your own.
3. Download the ESOC Patch, UI maps and the UI prior to the games to make sure that everything goes as smooth as possible for the tournament (and the stream/VOD).
4. Always check hunts and mines (and sometimes treasures) at the start of the game. Rehost if a player is map-screwed (like missing a hunt/mine).
5. Introduce the players to the stream/VOD at the start of the games.

Please feel free to comment on my suggestions or make any additional suggestions.
India Ashvin
Retired Contributor
ESO: Octanium

Post by Ashvin »

@site come, play mate :smile:
Tonga sdsanft
Howdah
ESO: sdsanft

Post by sdsanft »

hleung wrote:
sdsanft wrote:Do we have to play all group games in one week? How many games are we supposed to play? Also, if we could get seperate threads for each group that'd be great @admins

It was mentioned earlier on by Jakey on Diplomunion, but I guess he forgot to mention it here. "You will play with the player adjacent to you. For instance Inferous vs Ignitex etc." See here: https://www.diplomunion.com/index.php?threads/diplomunion-tournament-groupings-update.23321/

For the first round, the games will be played in BO3 series - maps will be vetoed by the players from the map pool. The map pool is here: http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=8803

And yes, it would be a great idea to get separate threads for each group - if we are allowed to do so on ESOC forums.

So do you play vs the people above and below you (two matches) or just the one you are paired with.

Site: Be there or be square
Jakey: I'm square because I'm not around
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

sdsanft wrote:
hleung wrote:
Show hidden quotes

So do you play vs the people above and below you (two matches) or just the one you are paired with.

I think he means playing the one you are paired with; and so in this case, you will be playing this round with Princeofcarthage in Week 3 of January (although subject to changes).
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

@DeepDashing @TacoOfTheTuesday , could you please arrange a time this week for the games and let either @JakeyBoyTH or me (or both of us) know asap? Thanks in advance.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Yeah, I was just going to use this one as the one for group 1. I should have perhaps clarified a bit more, so it would be
Inferous VS Ignitex
ablacktrain VS Gear_Head
DeepDashing VS TacoOfTuesday

this week.
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

@sdsanft I have looked up the groupings again and now you're in Group 4 somehow, so my suggestion is that you come back and check the pairings again before Week 2 of January.

The pairings are still subject to changes, and so everyone should keep an eye before your group kicks off. Of course I will try to remind the players when they are about to play the games.
Singapore milku3459
Howdah
ESO: milku3459

Post by milku3459 »

thanks Jakey for taking time to make a tournament for noobs! Can we call this the 3rd Chance Tournament?
also what did rouga do?
or is his name now taboo?
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Hi all participants,

The registration for this tournament is now closed. Here is a quick update of the situation.

As there are 48 players in this tournament, it has been decided to seed the top 16 players on the list (by TAD Supremacy 1v1 ELO Ratings) into RO32 automatically.

The groupings are as follows (may be subject to changes): https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... sp=sharing

There are quite a few significant changes made to the groupings due to the aforementioned decision, and so I would suggest the players in the original Group 3 to 6 to check out the changes.

In order to make some "quality of life" improvements, I have created a page on Challonge for the tournament: http://challonge.com/diploaoe3tournament2016

Also, instead of creating a(nother) megathread of this tournament, all info can be found in the links below:
https://www.diplomunion.com/index.php?t ... ent.23183/
https://www.diplomunion.com/index.php?t ... ate.23208/
https://www.diplomunion.com/index.php?t ... ate.23321/

Any questions, comments and suggestions are always welcome.

hleung
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

milku3459 wrote:thanks Jakey for taking time to make a tournament for noobs! Can we call this the 3rd Chance Tournament?
also what did rouga do?
or is his name now taboo?

Yes, I guess we may call this the 3rd Chance Tournament as well.

Not sure what diarouga has done (to him) though, but I hope @JakeyBoyTH will explain it at some point. :hmm:
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

The ladder looks a bit weird, why are two of the best players hypothetically meant to meet in RO16?