New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah
ESO: Ex-Contributor

Diplomunion Tournament Super-Thread

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Diplomunion Discord channel:
https://discord.gg/NCN9UtU

Diplomunion AOE3 Tournament Information and Rules
Since the beginning of the tournament, we have received a large amount of feedback regarding the confusion that has been caused by not having an informative mega-thread. After having some internal discussions, we have decided to come up with a mega-thread that contains all the tournament information and rules. Please kindly go through the tournament information and rules once again. Thanks.
Information

1. The tournament uses a simple elimination system with advanced seeding.
In RO48 (64), 32 players will play matches against their opponents with a similar PR.
16 of them will then proceed into RO32, where they will play against the top 16 players of this tournament who have been seeded in advance.

For more information regarding the tournament ladder (and who you will be up against), please visit: http://challonge.com/diploaoe3tournament2016

2. Scheduling:
For the latest update of the tournament ladder, please visit: http://challonge.com/diploaoe3tournament2016
For scheduling please use the Diplomunion Discord channel (recommended), this thread or private messages on ESOC.

3. Best-of Series:
RO48 (64) and RO32: BO3
RO16 and RO8: BO5
Semi-finals and Finals: BO7

4. The games will be played on ESOC Patch and a range of ESOC UI Maps. The players are required to have both of the items downloaded and installed prior to the matches.

ESOC Patch: http://eso-community.net/esoc-patch.php
ESOC UI Maps (just the UI maps, not the UI itself): http://eso-community.net/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6608
N.B.: Building Rotator Mod that comes with the ESOC Patch is a ‘feature’ (i.e. not banned).

5. Map pool:
Kamchatka
Florida
Arizona
Manchuria
Mendocino
Hudson Bay
Arkansas

For more information regarding the maps, please visit: http://eso-community.net/maps.php

6. Map vetoing:
Prior to the match, the players will take turn to veto the maps.
BO3s: Four maps will be vetoed
BO5s: Two maps will be vetoed
BO7s: No maps will be vetoed

After vetoing the maps, the maps will be played out in the order listed above. If, for example, in a BO3, Florida, Manchuria, Mendocino and Arkansas are vetoed, then Kamchatka will be played first, Arizona second, and Hudson Bay at last.

7. Civ Picking:

BO3 – At least two different civs must be played. Civ reset at Game #3.
BO5 – At least three different civs must be played. Civ reset at Game #4.
BO7 – At least four different civs must be played. Civ reset at Game #5.

For the first game, both players must agree with a matchup, or else a blind pick will be enforced by the casters. The winner of game #1 picks first in game #2, and then take turns to pick first for the rest of the series.

Rules

1. It is the player's responsibility to propose and arrange a time for the match within the given week, not the tournament admins.
If both players in the match fail to arrange a time and notify the tournament admins by Wednesday 00hrs GMT, the tournament admins shall send out a final reminder about the match.

If, by Saturday 00hrs GMT, a player still fails to communicate effectively and arrange a time for the match, then the tournament admins shall consider the player forfeiting the match.

If this happens for both players in the same match, then it is a loss for both of them.

Any players who cannot play within the given timeframe can ask the tournament admins for assistance on special scheduling.

2. Play by the map pool. Results will be nullified if the games are not played according to the map pool.

3. Each player may request a rehost once per map within the first two minutes into the game, if the player finds the map not balanced in hunts and mines (treasure is not a reason for a rehost).

The casters shall either accept or deny the request after double-checking the locations of hunts and mines.

If no casters are present, then the player may assume that the request is accepted by default.

N.B.: The casters are given the authority to request for a rehost if the map is not balanced in hunts and mines locations.

4. Always use the UI Maps provided even if there are no casters or tournament admins available. Always check FFA and Record Game in the options.

5. In cases where there are no casters or tournament admins available, replace the caster slot (P3) with a random AI, and send the replays to the tournament admins after the games are played.

The tournament admins will then upload the replays to the tournament mega-thread.

Failure to do so may result in a default loss for both players.

6. Good sportsmanship is expected from the players.

7. Alt-D is not a ‘feature’ – it is strictly forbidden; and if a player is found using it, it will result in a game loss.

8. Any forms of misbehaviours are not tolerated. A player found misbehaving will be warned, and may be disqualified in extreme cases.

9. Smurfing is equally not tolerated. Any players found smurfing in the tournament will be disqualified immediately and banned from future tournaments.

10. (Specifically for games where low-level players are involved) If a player is losing the game decisively, the player should resign – if not, the casters and/or tournament admins will enforce the rule.

Information to the casters

1. Download the ESOC Patch, UI Maps and the UI prior to the games to make sure that everything goes as smooth as possible for the tournament and the stream/VOD.

2. If possible, cast with a partner (i.e. co-cast). It makes things easier and possibly better in every way than it would be on your own.

3. Set a minimum of three-minute delay to the stream.

4. Always check the hunts and mines when the game starts. If a player is map-screwed, ask the player to rehost.

5. If the map file is somehow corrupted, then ask the players to pick another map. Alternatively, ask the player to re-download the map from the ESOC website.

6. Introduce the players to the stream/VOD when the game begins. It is also a good thing to talk about the match-up briefly, and what the players normally do in that particular matchup.

7. Be fair. Always give reasons for the decisions which might affect the game directly or indirectly. 8. If something happens and you are unable to make the call or if you are casting on your own and are forced to make a potentially game-changing decision, please find one of the tournament admins.

If there is still anything unclear or debatable, please let the tournament admins (JakeyBoyTH/hleung/pecelot) know and we will sort things out as soon as possible. Any comments and suggestions are always welcome and appreciated. Also I know this is late, but most of this has already been said, but either in a way we deemed unsuitable or confusing / scattered.

Thank you, and Good Luck! :)

p.p.s credit goes to Hleung for writing and presenting this. Thank you :)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

Ugh Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor
ESO: hleung / cll (DE)

Re: Diplomunion Tournament Super-Thread

Post by hleung »

Some of the links are broken somehow, but I guess I can just copy and paste the links here:

ESOC Patch: esoc-patch.php
ESOC UI Maps: viewtopic.php?f=33&t=6608
ESOC Map Info: maps.php
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

@Deluzional + @vaso413 I have yet to hear from you. Please arrange a time for this week. PM me on discord or on here.
Thank you
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Great news, keep up the good work! :chinese:
Czech Republic EAGLEMUT
ESOC Dev Team
Donator 05
ESO: EAGLEMUT
Clan: WPact

Post by EAGLEMUT »

hleung wrote:Some of the links are broken somehow
Fixed the main post for ya ;)
momuuu wrote: theres no way eaglemut is truly a top player
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

pecelot wrote:Great news, keep up the good work! :chinese:

EAGLEMUT wrote:
hleung wrote:Some of the links are broken somehow
Fixed the main post for ya ;)

Thanks! :smile:
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

We do not even get to have a match this week - five players have somehow decided to go missing or not replying to my pms at all, with two of them failing to create an account on either ESOC or Diplomunion despite we have given them many weeks to do so. According to the rules, as those five players failed to even show an effort of arranging a time for the match, they are disqualified as a consequence of breaking Rule #1.

Congratulations to the three players (Lord_Fergus, Breslau89 and myself) who have advanced to RO32. Also congratulations to @EAGLEMUT for an early advance into RO16. The ladder has been updated after the shocking turnout this week: http://challonge.com/diploaoe3tournament2016

Anyway, as Christmas is coming, the tournament shall resume on 1 January of the new year, after a week of Christmas truce. We shall remind the players, before the New Year, about the upcoming matches for Week #3 of the tournament.

I wish everyone a Happy Christmas and/or Merry Holidays! :santa:
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Hello Everyone,

Next week (1-7 Jan) it will be

@emitchelll vs @GKShaman --(idk why that won't tag? He's on the discord tho)
brexitcereal vs @Yinian
@Steakgrillé vs @Akechi Mitsuhide
@AlQuebus vs @malassaad

Please organize your games for a time that suits you, as per the rules.

If I haven't tagged them in bold here, then they will either be on the Diplomunion website, and you can either quickly make an account or get in touch with me and I will put you through either on Discord or through my Diplo account.

Thank you and Merry Christmas :)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon
ESO: Akechi_Mitsuhide

Post by Akechi_Mitsuhide »

Hey,
I think that Arkansas is not included in the pack of UI Maps. @JakeyBoyTH
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

Akechi Mitsuhide wrote:Hey,

It is, don't worry :)
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon

JakeyBoyTH wrote:
Akechi Mitsuhide wrote:Hey,

It is, don't worry :)

Ok, that's good. I couldn't find it today. Will have another look tomorrow.
New Zealand JakeyBoyTH
Howdah

Post by JakeyBoyTH »

well I don't know about everyone else but I have had quite a lovely break.

The next matches for next week are:

@Ashvin vs @Me4rts
@agrondergermane vs nateoroni1 (this guys only on reddit, so dw if you can't get to him just pm me).
@princeofcarthage vs ryfye
@shapeshifter vs @NekoBerk

As usuall if they are not tagged they are on Diplo, either message me at Jakey (Discord) or @JakeyBoyTH . Or simply create a Diplomunion account and pm them yourself.

Please find a suitable time between you and your partner to play your game, If you have any problems just pm me somewhere :)

Thank you.

Remember, you can always find past and future matchups on challenge, but looking here: http://challonge.com/diploaoe3tournament2016
Advanced Wonders suck

- Aizamk

- Aizamk
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Happy New Year! I hope everyone had or is having a nice holiday. We have already entered the third week of this tournament and there are a few announcements which I would like to make.

1. We are going to have a match between @Steakgrillé (Izemrasen) vs @Akechi_Mitsuhide on Wednesday (today) at 1600 GMT. I am still not sure if it is going to be casted or not; but if it is not going to be casted, I shall post the games up here for record and probably find someone to cast the games afterwards. I will make an update as soon as I get a better picture.

2. I would like to remind the following players for their matches which has to be scheduled and played by Saturday the latest.

@emitchelll vs @GKShaman
brexitcereal vs @Yinian
@AlQuebus vs @malassaad

I have yet to hear from you and I would like to remind you that it is your responsibility to schedule your matches, not the tournament admins. If by Saturday I still have not received any messages or updates regarding the matches, I will assume that you have automatically forfeited the matches. If you find your opponent to be unreachable or intentionally dodging the match, please let me know and give evidence to support your claim before Saturday. Thanks.

3. It is compulsory to have either an ESOC or Diplo account by the time your first matches are played. Technical difficulties or laziness is not an excuse not to create one, and we have already given you weeks to do so. If you failed to do so before your first matches are played, you risk getting disqualified by the tournament admins.

4. I can confirm by now that kiirbii did not sign up for the tournament at all, and he did not reply to my pm earlier on. There is a potential replacement and I will make an update once I get the confirmation from the player.
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon

hleung wrote:Happy New Year! I hope everyone had or is having a nice holiday. We have already entered the third week of this tournament and there are a few announcements which I would like to make.

1. We are going to have a match between @Steakgrillé (Izemrasen) vs @Akechi_Mitsuhide on Wednesday (today) at 1600 GMT. I am still not sure if it is going to be casted or not; but if it is not going to be casted, I shall post the games up here for record and probably find someone to cast the games afterwards. I will make an update as soon as I get a better picture.

2. I would like to remind the following players for their matches which has to be scheduled and played by Saturday the latest.

@emitchelll vs GKShaman
brexitcereal vs @Yinian
@AlQuebus vs @malassaad

I have yet to hear from you and I would like to remind you that it is your responsibility to schedule your matches, not the tournament admins. If by Saturday I still have not received any messages or updates regarding the matches, I will assume that you have automatically forfeited the matches. If you find your opponent to be unreachable or intentionally dodging the match, please let me know and give evidence to support your claim before Saturday. Thanks.

3. It is compulsory to have either an ESOC or Diplo account by the time your first matches are played. Technical difficulties or laziness is not an excuse not to create one, and we have already given you weeks to do so. If you failed to do so before your first matches are played, you risk getting disqualified by the tournament admins.

4. I can confirm by now that kiirbii did not sign up for the tournament at all, and he did not reply to my pm earlier on. There is a potential replacement and I will make an update once I get the confirmation from the player.

Hey,
Izemrasen and me will play slightly later at 16:30 GMT. Would be cool, if you had time to cast! :smile:
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Just a quick update. The match between @Steakgrillé (Izemrasen) and @Akechi_Mitsuhide has been played and recorded. Good games, both (and spoiler: congratz to @Steakgrillé for advancing to RO32).

I was there mainly to enforce the rules and observe the games being played, as I am way too inexperienced to even think about solo-casting. That being said, I will try to find someone to cast/co-cast both replays at some point.

The replays are now attached to the post as per the rules of the tournament.
Attachments
[EP2-1 SP] Izemrasen[SP] vs Akechi_Mitsuhide[OT] - ESOC Arizona.age3yrec
(1.13 MiB) Downloaded 82 times
ESOC Arizona
ESOC Arizona
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 2.1
Length: 37 minutes
[EP2-1 SP] Izemrasen[PT] vs Akechi_Mitsuhide[FR] - ESOC Kamchatka.age3yrec
(981.84 KiB) Downloaded 75 times
ESOC Kamchatka
ESOC Kamchatka
Rules: Supremacy (1v1)
Version: ESOC Patch 2.1
Length: 20 minutes
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon

hleung wrote:Just a quick update. The match between @Steakgrillé (Izemrasen) and @Akechi_Mitsuhide has been played and recorded. Good games, both (and spoiler: congratz to @Steakgrillé for advancing to RO32).

I was there mainly to enforce the rules and observe the games being played, as I am way too inexperienced to even think about solo-casting. That being said, I will try to find someone to cast/co-cast both replays at some point.

The replays are now attached to the post as per the rules of the tournament.

Hey,
thanks for uploading the recs so quickly! You can put the grats in spoilers ;)

I was just super nervous in both games. I threw especially game 2 because of that by not finishing him off. Would have been nice to play a decider.
Still, wp and grats to Izemrasen and gl next round.
France Steakgrillé
Crossbow
ESO: Steakgrille

Post by Steakgrillé »

Nice games, thanks hleung for obs !
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon

Steakgrillé wrote:Nice games, thanks hleung for obs !

Why didn't you play Aztec btw?
France Steakgrillé
Crossbow
ESO: Steakgrille

Post by Steakgrillé »

i was keeping azzie for the 3rd game :)
Germany Akechi_Mitsuhide
Dragoon

Steakgrillé wrote:i was keeping azzie for the 3rd game :)

civs would have been reset for game 3 :lol:
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

A quick update from me again. I can fully confirm now that @bobabu will be replacing kiirbii's spot. The seeded players are not affected by the change.

Also, @Akechi_Mitsuhide @Steakgrillé , please try not to go too off-topic on this thread mainly for announcements and info. But really well-played by both, especially in game #2, and I was just there to do what an admin should do in the event of no available casters.
Poland pecelot
Retired Contributor
Donator 03
ESO: Pezet

Post by pecelot »

Good to see the games played!
Next time, @hleung , you may consider using BB-code [.spoiler=spoiler][./spoiler] (without the dots, of course) for:
[spoiler=spoiler]spoiler[/spoiler]
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Post by sebnan12 »

is there a thread to schedule?
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

sebnan12 wrote:is there a thread to schedule?

Sorry, we do not have a thread for scheduling unfortunately. To schedule your games, please utilise the pm function on the forums. Thanks.
Great Britain hleung
Retired Contributor

Post by hleung »

Just another quick update. The 3rd week of RO48 has ended 12 hours ago, with very disappointing turnout. Four players decided not to respond to the pms sent by their opponents or the notifications from tournament admins. My congratulations to @Steakgrillé (Izemrasen), @GKShaman and @AlQuebus who have advanced to RO32. Also congratulations to @evilcheadar for advancing to RO16 early.

We are about to enter the 4th and the last week of RO48. We would like to remind the following players that their matches should be played by Saturday next week (14 January).
@Ashvin vs @Me4rts
@princeofcarthage vs ryfye (he is on diplo forum but inactive)
@shapeshifter vs @NekoBerk

nateoroni1 has been disqualified due to violation of multiple tournament rules. @agrondergermane congratulations for getting an early ticket into RO32.

I would like to remind the tournament players for the last time that it is your responsibility, not of anyone else, to arrange the matches with your opponents and let the tournament admins know within the given timeframe. Thanks!

Have a nice weekend all.