Search found 602 matches

by musketjr
04 Jun 2017, 23:16
Forum: Semi-finals and Finals
Topic: LordRaphael vs Kaiserklein
Replies: 26
Views: 2111
Flag: No Flag

Re: LordRaphael vs Kaiserklein

well played both, good series
by musketjr
08 May 2017, 23:22
Forum: Strategy
Topic: Brit v. Japan
Replies: 53
Views: 1729
Flag: No Flag

Re: Brit v. Japan

Gendarme wrote:I am going to go with the same logic Goodspeed uses to state that rushes are bad (or should be, in a balanced environment), and say that Japan should lose way more than they currently are.

You know Japan is effortlessly shrining like crazy and building pillarless wall segments? You ar .....
by musketjr
08 May 2017, 15:46
Forum: News
Topic: Media Team Applications
Replies: 49
Views: 3377
Flag: No Flag

Re: Media Team Applications

i would like to nominate @enjoy2play
by musketjr
05 May 2017, 22:57
Forum: Archive
Topic: anyone read these logic books?
Replies: 21
Views: 868
Flag: No Flag

Re: anyone read these logic books?

Dolan wrote:
sircallen wrote:Has anyone read Meditations by Descartes?

1

It's a short but useful book. You could read it as an exercise.


you should contribute more. you're obviously well read .....
by musketjr
05 May 2017, 19:51
Forum: Archive
Topic: anyone read these logic books?
Replies: 21
Views: 868
Flag: No Flag

Re: anyone read these logic books?

XeeleeFlower wrote:https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vacuum_Diagrams

One of the best books I have ever read.

Sorry for hijacking, but you did say "books in general" and I love to share Stephen Baxter's work with people. :flowers:


looks interesting. i have too much to read this summer but i will probably .....
by musketjr
03 May 2017, 18:16
Forum: Archive
Topic: anyone read these logic books?
Replies: 21
Views: 868
Flag: No Flag

Re: anyone read these logic books?

jesus christ.

the arrogance of someone who expresses himself like this:

I actually don't think determinism is important. Even if determinism was true, it wouldn't guarantee the existence of exceptionless natural laws, or the possibility of prediction/explanation in the sciences, at least under a deduc .....
by musketjr
03 May 2017, 17:50
Forum: Archive
Topic: anyone read these logic books?
Replies: 21
Views: 868
Flag: No Flag

Re: anyone read these logic books?

i decided against formal logic. academic rubbish. one of these three because they were recommend by glanville williams but in no order of preference. i like making decisions like this partly on the basis of recommendations by people you know have good judgement. oh well, i'll get thouless's

since i m .....

by musketjr
03 May 2017, 17:31
Forum: Archive
Topic: anyone read these logic books?
Replies: 21
Views: 868
Flag: No Flag

anyone read these logic books?

i want to buy one of these three. recommendation?

the use of reason by Emmet
straight and crooked thinking by Thouless (looks best to me)
thinking about thinking by Flew
by musketjr
03 May 2017, 13:34
Forum: Archive
Topic: Objectivity does not exist.
Replies: 18
Views: 519
Flag: No Flag

Re: Objectivity does not exist.

i've got no idea what your point is.

saying "i do not claim absolute knowledge" doesn't mean anything, and there are things we have knowledge of. saying "i claim no knowledge" doesn't stop "there are facts and we can know some of them" being true. mixing yellow and blue .....

by musketjr
03 May 2017, 11:49
Forum: Archive
Topic: Objectivity does not exist.
Replies: 18
Views: 519
Flag: No Flag

Re: Objectivity does not exist.

i haven't thought about it but i probably agree that our appreciation of things (factual or otherwise) may be inherently subjective, but the OP disputed that facts exist at all, which is nonsense.

actually the incoherence of the OP is that the first point refers to facts (there is nothing factually .....

by musketjr
03 May 2017, 11:31
Forum: Archive
Topic: Objectivity does not exist.
Replies: 18
Views: 519
Flag: No Flag

Re: Objectivity does not exist.

lol some people voted first option. if you think there are no factually true (this is how OP used the word objective: as synonymous with factual) things, how do you think the computer you used to cast your vote operates? on opinions?
by musketjr
03 May 2017, 11:04
Forum: Archive
Topic: Objectivity does not exist.
Replies: 18
Views: 519
Flag: No Flag

Re: Objectivity does not exist.

facts are things that are true whether or not you believe in them

site made this thread. fact. this thread is pointless academic "philosophy". opinion.
by musketjr
30 Apr 2017, 11:54
Forum: Archive
Topic: Reducing Workday hours
Replies: 175
Views: 2676
Flag: No Flag

Re: Reducing Workday hours

umeu wrote:Its obvious that not all can at the same time. Its possible that all have a chance, but i doubt even youd argue that chance is higher than that of a person with "fake privilige", right? If you inherit a million dollars, a network of businesspeople and a company, sure its easier .....
by musketjr
27 Apr 2017, 01:16
Forum: Archive
Topic: Reducing Workday hours
Replies: 175
Views: 2676
Flag: No Flag

Re: Reducing Workday hours

i know quantum physics is more the setting of the foregoing discussion about determinism than free will, but let's be real, quantum physics is so beyond the realm of any of our understanding as laypeople that it's a somewhat pointless topic to try and engage with, so i'll discuss determinism in the .....

by musketjr
25 Apr 2017, 18:47
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: England maybe leave EU june 23.
Replies: 1762
Views: 19890
Flag: No Flag

Re: England maybe leave EU june 23.

gibson wrote:
musketjr wrote:early in the thread Dolan notes that the EU is not well understood.

how it works is very confusing and convoluted and you have to take that into account when laymen (that is, everyone who hasn't studied or worked with the EU enough to actually understand it, or almost ever .....
by musketjr
25 Apr 2017, 17:45
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: England maybe leave EU june 23.
Replies: 1762
Views: 19890
Flag: No Flag

Re: England maybe leave EU june 23.

Goodspeed wrote:Look who it is. What have you been up to @musketjr planning to watch the tournament at all?

Also https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/relatedly


didn't take long

i've been attempting to study, and procrastinating more than i should (usually with aoe streams).

i'll be following it .....
by musketjr
25 Apr 2017, 17:36
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: England maybe leave EU june 23.
Replies: 1762
Views: 19890
Flag: No Flag

Re: England maybe leave EU june 23.

early in the thread Dolan notes that the EU is not well understood.

how it works is very confusing and convoluted and you have to take that into account when laymen (that is, everyone who hasn't studied or worked with the EU enough to actually understand it, or almost everyone) are thinking about it. .....

by musketjr
24 Apr 2017, 19:49
Forum: Tournament Information and Discussion
Topic: Tournament Rules & Discussion
Replies: 60
Views: 5392
Flag: No Flag

Re: Tournament Rules & Discussion

Aizamk wrote:
Veni_Vidi_Vici_W wrote:He would probably still sign up if we just gave him one week of free English Tea ;)

I think the bloke's a bit miffed that ESOC keeps getting his country wrong. It's a lot of tosh for them to repeatedly take the mickey out of him, I can understand why he'd be skiving .....
by musketjr
28 Jan 2017, 21:42
Forum: General
Topic: 2v2 Invitational Player Update
Replies: 182
Views: 6397
Flag: No Flag

Re: 2v2 Invitational Player Update

lordraphael wrote:
musketjr wrote:goongoon wont be asked for a new mate

what happened was (obviously, and bucket confirmed it) "we don't like breeze, so fuck him" "yea!"
same as "we don't like boneng so fuck him!" in past tourney, and "we don't really care about jp, s .....
by musketjr
28 Jan 2017, 21:39
Forum: General
Topic: 2v2 Invitational Player Update
Replies: 182
Views: 6397
Flag: No Flag

Re: 2v2 Invitational Player Update

IamSherlocked wrote:
musketjr wrote:that's nice. what I said is still true


You may want to explain then what's behind the statement "we don't like boneng so fuck him!" or give us a specific example where boneng was treated by a tournament moderator or by a tournament decision unfairly.


when b .....
by musketjr
28 Jan 2017, 21:22
Forum: General
Topic: 2v2 Invitational Player Update
Replies: 182
Views: 6397
Flag: No Flag

Re: 2v2 Invitational Player Update

IamSherlocked wrote:
musketjr wrote:
"In the future there will be more team events and hopefully we see Breeze and goongoon back."

doubt it. we saw with nagayumi and boneng that some people get fed up of it and don't come crawling back


I decided to play in this tournament, mainly thanks to th .....
by musketjr
28 Jan 2017, 21:21
Forum: General
Topic: 2v2 Invitational Player Update
Replies: 182
Views: 6397
Flag: No Flag

Re: 2v2 Invitational Player Update

goongoon wont be asked for a new mate

what happened was (obviously, and bucket confirmed it) "we don't like breeze, so fuck him" "yea!"
same as "we don't like boneng so fuck him!" in past tourney, and "we don't really care about jp, so fuck naga", and "we d .....

by musketjr
28 Jan 2017, 21:13
Forum: General
Topic: 2v2 Invitational Player Update
Replies: 182
Views: 6397
Flag: No Flag

Re: 2v2 Invitational Player Update

buckethead isn't very smart
by musketjr
28 Jan 2017, 19:03
Forum: General Discussion
Topic: 2v2 Invitational Predictions!
Replies: 84
Views: 4378
Flag: No Flag

Re: 2v2 Invitational Predictions!

breeze wrote:my team will win easy.


lol
by musketjr
28 Jan 2017, 19:00
Forum: General
Topic: 2v2 Invitational Player Update
Replies: 182
Views: 6397
Flag: No Flag

Re: 2v2 Invitational Player Update

"Making topics attacked staff members for fun isn't the type of behavior that should be rewarded with an opportunity like this."

what topics specifically?

"In the future there will be more team events and hopefully we see Breeze and goongoon back."

doubt it. we saw with nagayumi and .....


Go to advanced search