Search found 8467 matches

by Dolan
25 minutes ago
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: European Super League
Replies: 160
Views: 1204
Flag: Romania

Re: European Super League

princeofcarthage wrote:Yeah but it's not like you are going to stop watch football except for extremely few limited numbers. When google makes some annoying change you blast it on twitter, you piss off at Customer service or write a complaint. You don't stop using Gmail. In fact if the number of wor .....
by Dolan
40 minutes ago
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: European Super League
Replies: 160
Views: 1204
Flag: Romania

Re: European Super League

princeofcarthage wrote:Fans can hate it or love it, can't really have a say in what happens. You just log into tv and watch match while eating chicken strips and drinking beer. When the club collapses you don't lose anything, people whose money is invested they lose. Unfortunately for you it's just .....
by Dolan
Today, 07:10
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: US Politics Megathread
Replies: 27475
Views: 205795
Flag: Romania

Re: US Politics Megathread

XeeleeFlower wrote:
Dolan wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Was there ever any doubt that he will be declared not guilty? Do you really think jurors would have invoked the wrath of an entire nation? I am not saying he was innocent but even if he was there was no chance of him being found one. FYI Before y .....
by Dolan
Today, 00:03
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: US Politics Megathread
Replies: 27475
Views: 205795
Flag: Romania

Re: US Politics Megathread

princeofcarthage wrote:
Dolan wrote:
princeofcarthage wrote:Was there ever any doubt that he will be declared not guilty? Do you really think jurors would have invoked the wrath of an entire nation? I am not saying he was innocent but even if he was there was no chance of him being found one. FYI Befo .....
by Dolan
Yesterday, 23:21
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: US Politics Megathread
Replies: 27475
Views: 205795
Flag: Romania

Re: US Politics Megathread

princeofcarthage wrote:Was there ever any doubt that he will be declared not guilty? Do you really think jurors would have invoked the wrath of an entire nation? I am not saying he was innocent but even if he was there was no chance of him being found one. FYI Before you nitpick something and accuse .....
by Dolan
Yesterday, 23:14
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: European Super League
Replies: 160
Views: 1204
Flag: Romania

Re: European Super League

I'd like to see player transfers between countries banned. Club teams should reflect local talent, not the power of capital to buy the best mercs they can afford.
Also because currently high-level football is more like a money laundering operation, in which oil capital from the Gulf is laundered in t .....

by Dolan
Yesterday, 12:59
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: European Super League
Replies: 160
Views: 1204
Flag: Romania

Re: European Super League

I just miss the times when football was about talent and having fun playing the ball. Now it's too much of a business, with gladiators hired as mercs to entertain the masses, too much bullshit superstar melodrama and pretentious cunts driving Ferraris.
The fun is dead, it's businessified.
by Dolan
Yesterday, 12:32
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

RefluxSemantic wrote:Correct. Its my read on what Dolan actually believes :)
Then if thats the case, I also believe Romanian culture is inferior to cultures which developed their own building traditions.
by Dolan
Yesterday, 12:23
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: European Super League
Replies: 160
Views: 1204
Flag: Romania

Re: European Super League

princeofcarthage wrote:If the top clubs collapse the football as you know will cease to exist anyhow.
Good riddance. It's become too much of a merc show.
by Dolan
Yesterday, 08:41
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: European Super League
Replies: 160
Views: 1204
Flag: Romania

Re: European Super League

This has been long in the works. I've heard of this idea a few years ago when they were talking about creating a new Super-Champions League competition in which only the mega-clubs would participate, a closed-circuit competition.
Ofc UEFA would be against this, because they couldn't milk any money o .....

by Dolan
Yesterday, 08:37
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

RefluxSemantic wrote:
Dolan wrote:
RefluxSemantic wrote:I love how ridiculous this conclusion is to a discussion where you claimed that fort didnt look like African infrastructure at all while it actually looked exactly like African infrastructure. Must be the leftist propaganda that allows people to .....
by Dolan
Yesterday, 04:33
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

fightinfrenchman wrote:
Dolan wrote:
Squamiger wrote:i just mean stop being racist in general
What do you mean by that. What you're saying makes no sense to me.


Basically it's socially awkward/cringe to be racist and yet you keep being racist, which makes you bad/cringe. Hope this helps, dumbass
Basicall .....
by Dolan
Yesterday, 04:29
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

RefluxSemantic wrote:I love how ridiculous this conclusion is to a discussion where you claimed that fort didnt look like African infrastructure at all while it actually looked exactly like African infrastructure. Must be the leftist propaganda that allows people to look up facts or sth, coz obvious .....
by Dolan
Yesterday, 04:20
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

Squamiger wrote:i just mean stop being racist in general
What do you mean by that. What you're saying makes no sense to me.
by Dolan
Yesterday, 04:20
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

oxaloacetate wrote:
That's how Rome became what it is today, not even a shadow of its former self. Its social cohesion was completely dissolved once it became the center of the world. It happens to every empire. Now it's the USA's turn.

Elaborate pls
Well, I gave a brief description of this process in .....
by Dolan
Yesterday, 04:10
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

Squamiger wrote:^^ dislike. don't **** yourself Dolan, just read more and stop being racist and try to admit when you are wrong.

What exactly is racist from what I wrote? Can you explain to me what being racist means, while we're at it? Because it's something that doesn't exist in my culture, so it's .....
by Dolan
Yesterday, 04:05
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

Squamiger wrote:comparing the USA to the fall of Rome is the classic dumb guy historical take, i love it
Not really. What Rome had in common with the USA of today is:

- military hegemony
- changing the rules of citizenship to the point that it was no longer just a question of ethnic/cultural belonging, .....
by Dolan
18 Apr 2021, 23:18
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

Squamiger wrote:
Dolan wrote:There you go, you got so many likes and support in the thread, you're getting high on it, blowing your own cover and exposing what's behind your posts: same old exploitation of the West's colonial guilt.
But that only works on them, not on me since I'm from Eastern Europe .....
by Dolan
18 Apr 2021, 22:39
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

There you go, you got so many likes and support in the thread, you're getting high on it, blowing your own cover and exposing what's behind your posts: same old exploitation of the West's colonial guilt.
But that only works on them, not on me since I'm from Eastern Europe. So I think I can be a lot .....

by Dolan
18 Apr 2021, 20:31
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

duckzilla wrote:Secondly, a society needs to create sufficient economic surplus to be able to devote enough energy into the construction of complex structures like castles and forts.
This is the main reason why we don't see civilisations with castles in Africa that developed their own architecture. C .....
by Dolan
18 Apr 2021, 04:42
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

Well yeah, I meant that the style of buildings appears like a blend of influences from other cultures.
Which in itself is not a bad thing, my country didn't develop its own kind of architecture either. It would be a stretch to say there is a Romanian type of castle.
by Dolan
17 Apr 2021, 17:32
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

@Squamiger I didn't say there are no such buildings in Africa (or Ethiopia), I think I said there are very few such buildings (it's like one in Ethiopia?) and those that have been made were not really representative of local culture. Which made be believe devs added a civ like that just for the comm .....

by Dolan
17 Apr 2021, 14:14
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

Fiction is one helluva drug
by Dolan
17 Apr 2021, 03:31
Forum: General
Topic: African Civ Design Expectations
Replies: 80
Views: 2202
Flag: Romania

Re: African Civ Design Expectations

Squamiger wrote:
Well, in general, they didn't make big fancy buildings, I don't even have to try to make this point because all you have to do is just look at what's there. The few ones that did get built were the product of a few rich kingdoms. And what do rulers do when they have a lot of resource .....
by Dolan
16 Apr 2021, 22:52
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Deep Divers, Tin Hatters, Skeptics, Ped Pillers, Truthers, Unite!
Replies: 2000
Views: 16015
Flag: Romania

Re: Deep Divers, Tin Hatters, Skeptics, Ped Pillers, Truthers, Unite!

Yea and worst of this situation is that often they benefit from findings from primary research done in public universities on taxpayers' money. They take this intellectual property for free and use it to develop their own commercial medicines.
And what do we get in exchange for this ..

Go to advanced search