Search found 212 matches

by martinspjuth
18 Nov 2018, 13:41
Forum: ESOC Talk
Topic: Would ESOC have been better off if they banned the trolls?
Replies: 84
Views: 2122
Flag: Sweden

Re: Would ESOC have been better off if they banned the trolls?

If you banned all who troll and shit post from time to time you would lose many quality posts as well, since many people do both. Question is also what you consider troll/shit posting, others may not share your definition or your view on specific posts. What someone find amusing and a good meme/joke .....

by martinspjuth
06 Nov 2018, 20:10
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all
Replies: 391
Views: 4654
Flag: Sweden

Re: Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all

@Goodspeed
If they can change so much in only two years US political system is even worse than I thought. The possibility to manipulate things this way doesn't seem new though, it seems this have been done regularly during the whole US history. Have most/many other elections had the same problem or .....

by martinspjuth
06 Nov 2018, 19:20
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all
Replies: 391
Views: 4654
Flag: Sweden

Re: Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all

Goodspeed wrote:
martinspjuth wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:If they win here, it's because of widespread voter suppression and gerrymandering.
In what form would there be voter suppresion?
Some possibilities:
- Not enough polling stations leading to huge lines.
- Non-working voting machines.
- A ridiculous syste .....
by martinspjuth
06 Nov 2018, 17:23
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all
Replies: 391
Views: 4654
Flag: Sweden

Re: Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all

Yep, that's what I mean. Although if the republicans win both this time, I'd say the media would have to have been exaggerating even more than when they exaggerated Hillary's win.
This time there should not be many that doesn’t participate in the election for reasons such as that they think their si .....

by martinspjuth
06 Nov 2018, 17:13
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all
Replies: 391
Views: 4654
Flag: Sweden

Re: Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all

Goodspeed wrote:If they win here, it's because of widespread voter suppression and gerrymandering.

In what form would there be voter suppresion?
by martinspjuth
06 Nov 2018, 17:10
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all
Replies: 391
Views: 4654
Flag: Sweden

Re: Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all

Gendarme wrote:Republicans will get both the senate and the house. Brace yourselves for impact, plebs.

Considering how much criticism Trump gets from all around I doubt that. If the republicans truly do win both senate and house, the media have massively exaggerated how unpopular Trump is. An alterna .....
by martinspjuth
06 Nov 2018, 16:58
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Offensive Joke Discussion
Replies: 82
Views: 1410
Flag: Sweden

Re: Offensive Joke Discussion

Goodspeed wrote:
martinspjuth wrote:
Show hidden quotes
by martinspjuth
05 Nov 2018, 20:55
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Merkel Quits
Replies: 4
Views: 113
Flag: Sweden

Re: Merkel Quits

It will depend on who you ask. Some will remember her as a strong woman and leader who stood up for human rights and helped those in need. Others will remember her as a person who let extreme Islamism spread in Germany and Europe.
by martinspjuth
05 Nov 2018, 19:23
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Offensive Joke Discussion
Replies: 82
Views: 1410
Flag: Sweden

Re: Offensive Joke Discussion

Goodspeed wrote:
martinspjuth wrote:The extreme or controversial opinions will always be overrepresented in free media compared to their representation in the population, that’s fine as long as you are aware of it.
I am aware, that's why I think looking at people in your social environment is a better .....
by martinspjuth
05 Nov 2018, 15:18
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Personality types
Replies: 175
Views: 4711
Flag: Sweden

Re: Personality types

Gendarme wrote:You misunderstood. The reason I mentioned flat-earth theory and Ku Klux Klan specifically is because I disagree with their supporters.

Alright, but then why would you say that we would probably find you mostly on their side, defending them?

I tagged you because the quoted description o .....
by martinspjuth
05 Nov 2018, 14:56
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Personality types
Replies: 175
Views: 4711
Flag: Sweden

Re: Personality types

Gendarme wrote:
This is further complicated by ENTPs’ unyielding honesty, as this type doesn’t mince words and cares little about being seen as sensitive or compassionate. Likeminded types get along well enough with people with the ENTP personality type, but more sensitive types, and society in gener .....
by martinspjuth
04 Nov 2018, 19:57
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Offensive Joke Discussion
Replies: 82
Views: 1410
Flag: Sweden

Re: Offensive Joke Discussion

Goodspeed wrote:
martinspjuth wrote:
Show hidden quotes
by martinspjuth
04 Nov 2018, 13:10
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Offensive Joke Discussion
Replies: 82
Views: 1410
Flag: Sweden

Re: Offensive Joke Discussion

umeu wrote:I didn't say you misunderstood it. But whomever that sentence came from, has misunderstood it. Patriarchy is not a club which you can join or be excluded from. It's in its simplest form a system or mechanisms to achieve, control and maintain power named after its chief beneficiary, namely .....
by martinspjuth
04 Nov 2018, 13:06
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Offensive Joke Discussion
Replies: 82
Views: 1410
Flag: Sweden

Re: Offensive Joke Discussion

Goodspeed wrote:
martinspjuth wrote:I don’t think I ever said those things were “typical SJW”, I said those were faults existing in the SJW culture, that is not the same thing. That most people fighting against anti-SJW are decent people I don’t doubt at all, whether they would call themselves SJW th .....
by martinspjuth
03 Nov 2018, 11:25
Forum: ESOC Talk
Topic: Some statistics on ESOC users
Replies: 173
Views: 4820
Flag: Sweden

Re: Some statistics on ESOC users

Not to ruin the positivity, but this is most likely because people still playing the game have transferred from physical copy over to steam. If you put up the same chart but for ESO population I doubt there would be a positive slope. If you could prove me wrong I'd sure be glad.
by martinspjuth
03 Nov 2018, 11:15
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Offensive Joke Discussion
Replies: 82
Views: 1410
Flag: Sweden

Re: Offensive Joke Discussion

Goodspeed wrote:
martinspjuth wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:@martinspjuth Of course there is extremism on both "sides". But ITT, I only see extremism on the one side and I'm just calling that out.
Also I think extremist SJWs are quite rare. This issue is largely overstated by politically motivated m .....
by martinspjuth
03 Nov 2018, 11:04
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Offensive Joke Discussion
Replies: 82
Views: 1410
Flag: Sweden

Re: Offensive Joke Discussion

umeu wrote:
martinspjuth wrote:1. There exist a patriarch that all white straight men are part of that has as only goal to oppress women and minorities.

Way to misunderstand an argument...

If you think I’ve misunderstood, then maybe you should explain it to me?


2. If you think that free abortion sho .....
by martinspjuth
02 Nov 2018, 21:38
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Offensive Joke Discussion
Replies: 82
Views: 1410
Flag: Sweden

Re: Offensive Joke Discussion

Goodspeed wrote:@martinspjuth Of course there is extremism on both "sides". But ITT, I only see extremism on the one side and I'm just calling that out.
Also I think extremist SJWs are quite rare. This issue is largely overstated by politically motivated media and echo chambers throughout t .....
by martinspjuth
02 Nov 2018, 20:31
Forum: ESOC Talk
Topic: Some statistics on ESOC users
Replies: 173
Views: 4820
Flag: Sweden

Re: Some statistics on ESOC users

Nice!
Could be interesting to see the same stats but for the last year or month too
by martinspjuth
02 Nov 2018, 17:32
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Offensive Joke Discussion
Replies: 82
Views: 1410
Flag: Sweden

Re: Offensive Joke Discussion

Goodspeed wrote:What's worrying is this anti-SJW culture, this "fight" against common decency. It's disappointing that even intelligent people are lured into this "us against them" mentality that is so obviously set up to divide the middle class by those who benefit.


I couldn’t ag .....
by martinspjuth
02 Nov 2018, 13:37
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Offensive Joke Discussion
Replies: 82
Views: 1410
Flag: Sweden

Re: Offensive Joke Discussion

umeu wrote:Just because you believe you're making a sacrifice doesn't mean you're making one.

A sacrifice is to give up something you think is valuable to help a person or a cause. Whether what is being given up upon is a sacrifice or not is relative to how the person perceives it, there are no abs .....
by martinspjuth
01 Nov 2018, 21:01
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Offensive Joke Discussion
Replies: 82
Views: 1410
Flag: Sweden

Re: Offensive Joke Discussion

Goodspeed wrote:
Gendarme wrote:The sacrifice is that I get a lot of shit for the things that I say, of course.
You get a kick out of it. When people are offended by things you say, you feel empowered and reassured of the importance of this "battle" you are fighting. A sacrifice? Give me a b .....
by martinspjuth
30 Oct 2018, 12:27
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Offensive Joke Discussion
Replies: 82
Views: 1410
Flag: Sweden

Re: Offensive Joke Discussion

Imo there are no subjects that should be taboo to joke about. It’s all about the time, place and how it is done. For some subjects there are fewer “right” moments than there are for others.
If you have experienced some traumatizing event, you should expect your friends to not joke about it with or a .....

by martinspjuth
29 Oct 2018, 20:51
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all
Replies: 391
Views: 4654
Flag: Sweden

Re: Mid term election in USA could have big importance to us all

duckzilla wrote:
martinspjuth wrote:The US have far from a clear record, but I would choose US over China any day of the week. You may say the US is racist, have a bad political system and whatever. It is still way better than a dictatorship that imprison/kills political adversaries, bans government .....
by martinspjuth
29 Oct 2018, 18:19
Forum: General
Topic: Walls/water discussion
Replies: 203
Views: 3542
Flag: Sweden

Re: Walls/water discussion

If walls are to be nerfed, I like the idea of increasing the build time. That you can close a gap in your walls in less than 10s and the result is that you bought yourself another two min safe time is too strong. That walls seem so OP when Kenysie uses them (in late game) is because his opponents re .....


Go to advanced search