Search found 13178 matches

by momuuu
16 Sep 2018, 14:53
Forum: General
Topic: where did the good discussins go?
Replies: 68
Views: 1202
Flag: Netherlands

Re: where did the good discussins go?

I think if one were to pull up statistics of the number of posts/threads per day, one would see a serious decrease over the past 2 years. Its a guess, but I'd estimate there are easily 50% fewer posts than there used to be.
by momuuu
16 Sep 2018, 14:49
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Life Tip of the Day 9: Make sure to join the liberal side of the liberalism vs. fascism debate
Replies: 54
Views: 453
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Life Tip of the Day 9: Make sure to join the liberal side of the liberalism vs. fascism debate

Btw, isn't it the most retarded thing to refer to these large groups of people fascists? It doesn't make any sense with regards to what fascism even is and just seems like a way to demonize all that don't agree with your view - which is ironically a pretty fascist thing to do.
by momuuu
16 Sep 2018, 14:43
Forum: Real-life Discussion
Topic: Life Tip of the Day 9: Make sure to join the liberal side of the liberalism vs. fascism debate
Replies: 54
Views: 453
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Life Tip of the Day 9: Make sure to join the liberal side of the liberalism vs. fascism debate

This isn't even about immigration, immigration is just one of the things these anti-democratic politicians use to gain power. There is a lot of irrational fear in Europe about us losing our national identities to a couple of immigrants, and this is abused shamelessly to get votes. In Hungary it was...
by momuuu
16 Sep 2018, 11:02
Forum: ESOC Talk
Topic: The triumphant return of The Basement
Replies: 12
Views: 253
Flag: Netherlands

Re: The triumphant return of The Basement

Gendarme wrote:I think momuuu is just jealous.

Yes I wish I had real life friends to have played the game with!
by momuuu
16 Sep 2018, 08:15
Forum: ESOC Talk
Topic: The triumphant return of The Basement
Replies: 12
Views: 253
Flag: Netherlands

Re: The triumphant return of The Basement

Why do you seek approval of your real life activities on a gaming forum?
by momuuu
15 Sep 2018, 09:46
Forum: General
Topic: where did the good discussins go?
Replies: 68
Views: 1202
Flag: Netherlands

Re: where did the good discussins go?

u845 It may just be that after playing the game and talking about it on forums for close to ten years, one gets tired of it it, especially when they don't actively play it anymore. I think that in a game that is this old with no official support or marketing it's expected that its audience will nat...
by momuuu
14 Sep 2018, 20:52
Forum: General
Topic: where did the good discussins go?
Replies: 68
Views: 1202
Flag: Netherlands

Re: where did the good discussins go?

I haven't seen many threads lately. I used to make at least 10 posts a day and often more (actually averaged 20), if I would be trying that on ESOC today the only possible way would be to literally have conversations with myself or to respond to basically every post ever made. It feels to me like ES...
by momuuu
14 Sep 2018, 09:40
Forum: General
Topic: AoE3 Tier List (UPDATED APRIL 3)
Replies: 119
Views: 26636
Flag: Netherlands

Re: AoE3 Tier List (UPDATED APRIL 3)

TNT333 wrote:Then sioux get more rifle riders

Rifle riders have the hand cavalry tag and thus are countered by ranged cavalry!
by momuuu
07 Sep 2018, 10:23
Forum: Placements
Topic: Scheduling Do's and Don'ts
Replies: 9
Views: 235
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Scheduling Do's and Don'ts

Include a tutorial on DST and timezones. I swear half of the people still dont understand that.
by momuuu
07 Sep 2018, 10:20
Forum: General
Topic: Most standard map?/if only could play one map?
Replies: 16
Views: 316
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Most standard map?/if only could play one map?

For me its fertile crescent, I love that map. Hudson Bay is a great one too.
by momuuu
02 Sep 2018, 17:50
Forum: General
Topic: Age 2 Dragoons
Replies: 38
Views: 831
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Age 2 Dragoons

...as is the nature of using bow and arrow instead of bullets and gunpowder. However, kiting is a thing (to negate their ROF), and it is not very obvious that the better stats outperform the RR to a significant degree. Bow riders are cheaper, have 250 ranged hp vs 260 ranged hp for goons, they have...
by momuuu
02 Sep 2018, 12:23
Forum: ESOC Talk
Topic: Try to be (focus people!)
Replies: 206
Views: 4575
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Try to be (focus people!)

So did it just go down?
by momuuu
02 Sep 2018, 11:40
Forum: General
Topic: Age 2 Dragoons
Replies: 38
Views: 831
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Age 2 Dragoons

...as is the nature of using bow and arrow instead of bullets and gunpowder. However, kiting is a thing (to negate their ROF), and it is not very obvious that the better stats outperform the RR to a significant degree. Bow riders are cheaper, have 250 ranged hp vs 260 ranged hp for goons, they have...
by momuuu
02 Sep 2018, 11:06
Forum: General
Topic: Age 2 Dragoons
Replies: 38
Views: 831
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Age 2 Dragoons

...as is the nature of using bow and arrow instead of bullets and gunpowder. However, kiting is a thing (to negate their ROF), and it is not very obvious that the better stats outperform the RR to a significant degree. Bow riders are cheaper, have 250 ranged hp vs 260 ranged hp for goons, they have...
by momuuu
02 Sep 2018, 10:41
Forum: General
Topic: Age 2 Dragoons
Replies: 38
Views: 831
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Age 2 Dragoons

Gendarme wrote:Goons are bad against BR despite their RR?

Bow riders have very high damage and a mediocre multiplier vs hand cav, whereas goons have low damage with a good multiplier against hand cav, so bow riders dish out more damage despite the goons having RR.
by momuuu
02 Sep 2018, 10:32
Forum: ESOC Talk
Topic: Try to be (focus people!)
Replies: 206
Views: 4575
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Try to be (focus people!)

Given that the site goes down 20+ every day this challenge has just become a little bit weird.
by momuuu
28 Aug 2018, 14:28
Forum: General
Topic: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck
Replies: 68
Views: 1632
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck

ESOC Discussing. Why would one even bother..
by momuuu
28 Aug 2018, 08:41
Forum: General
Topic: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck
Replies: 68
Views: 1632
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck

Mitoe wrote:Sorry Jerom, but I don't really think you thought this through very thoroughly.

Good argument
by momuuu
27 Aug 2018, 23:01
Forum: General
Topic: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck
Replies: 68
Views: 1632
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck

I seriously wonder what mechanics aoe3 has in place to make scouting actually skillful and interesting rather than a coin flip mechanic. Scouting for trading posts is boring because you either get lucky seeing one or you waste time and miss scouting the base. Seeing a deck means you know whether or ...
by momuuu
27 Aug 2018, 20:33
Forum: General
Topic: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck
Replies: 68
Views: 1632
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck

the harder the game the more competitive it gets, and the more competitive the better. However this game has several flaws and those facilitations are there for a reason In a game where scouting is extremely hard you'd risk coin flips over skill, so your argument is not actually true. garja please ...
by momuuu
27 Aug 2018, 19:47
Forum: General
Topic: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck
Replies: 68
Views: 1632
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck

Why is it per definition good that scouting is harder? That seems like a statement that requires some logic before I'd mindlessly accept it.
by momuuu
27 Aug 2018, 17:58
Forum: General
Topic: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck
Replies: 68
Views: 1632
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck

I have to agree with Raphael, I think. The game would be better off without the free information. The only information you should receive for free is what age your opponent is in, and only because that could become very difficult to scout unless you’re playing vs an Asian civ. It would definitely i...
by momuuu
27 Aug 2018, 17:17
Forum: General
Topic: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck
Replies: 68
Views: 1632
Flag: Netherlands

Re: Importance of seeing oppenent's deck

I have to agree with Raphael, I think. The game would be better off without the free information. The only information you should receive for free is what age your opponent is in, and only because that could become very difficult to scout unless you’re playing vs an Asian civ. It would definitely i...
by momuuu
25 Aug 2018, 18:04
Forum: ESOC Talk
Topic: songs that make you cry
Replies: 59
Views: 1301
Flag: Netherlands

Re: songs that make you cry

Radix_Lecti wrote:Why troll a serious thread?

Why do you call my song trolling. I linked something that honors the victims of a nuclear bomb, how is that not worthy of crying?
by momuuu
25 Aug 2018, 16:00
Forum: ESOC Talk
Topic: RATE X/10 THE AVATAR ABOVE
Replies: 49
Views: 629
Flag: Netherlands

Re: RATE X/10 THE AVATAR ABOVE

Gendarme wrote:Jerome/10

In no world is that Jerome with that extra e.

Go to advanced search