FFA Mode

General forum about Age of Empires 4.
France duke mustache
Crossbow
ESO: duke mustache

FFA Mode

Post by duke mustache »

Hope they will bring a FFA mode were the host can select a blind button. Once this blind button selected that would mean
1) people can not talk with anybody (Those current chat ruin the FFA mode with people who need to team to contain a push)
2) the score are blind too, to be sure that a camper don't wait to see someone score down (or stop growing) to push at the good timing

I don't even know why in AOE 3 DE there is not this selecting possibility, By definition the FFA we get are not FFA when people can speak.
This make the FFA more attractive and put way more fun.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger
ESO: Mongobillione

Re: FFA Mode

Post by sebnan12 »

Have u ever tried teaming in a ffa? Its hella fun
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

''man he's slow rolling him more than a fish on a royal flush'' - Garja

NEED MORE XP
France duke mustache
Crossbow

Post by duke mustache »

u mean like in 2v2v2v2?
yes i think it's really great too ... but same problem as in 1v1v1v1.. when people are almost dead they call for help.
I think that if in FFA 1v1v1v1 or 2v2v2v2v in blind mode (without possibility to talk except to your teamate and without being able to see score) people have to take more risk, have to be more reactiv because nobody know what happened until everybody resign. it's kinda a new dimension to play don't u think?
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

Nah just 2v1 someone better
"Why are you trying to lecture me on my own language, no wonder you people shit in the open street."- Riotcoke

NEED MORE XP
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

Hi, I play 98% games in FFA mode on legacy, thousands of games, and maintained 200 player FFA clan.

Personally score missing in FFA will change a lot of meta.

On legacy, there was a pretty nice community of FFA players and most were respectful of big even battles.

Pro players when looking at who to attack will want to find the best matches first and leave neighbors in peace as a buffer, or to not noob bash and give them a chance to catch up while they fight.
If it is totally blind then one really has to secure their neighbors first. And just would be the same strat and more skilled players would basically have to wipe the map first before fighting each other.

It is this dynamic of who and when to attack that I really loved about FFA that added a whole other layer to the strategy.

If being teamed by a camper, its sometimes wise to try to get your even matched opponent to join you to then take that camper out together if that is how they play, logic like if he takes me out after we been fighting you have no chance.... he will just do the same to you.... hey lets take him out first then continue this epic fight....

There will always be an element like that, but learning to defend against multiple lesser skilled players can actually be fun, you already know 1v1 they had no chance. So it can test the civ to its limits.

Diplomacy is really part of it even though I do not want there to be allied diplomacy in the game. I do not think I would even play if I could not chat. (no PM chat though!) Its still pays to be polite to people

no score also really encourages people to camp. Since they can get away with incredible booms, and not knowing what other people are doing, also would cause people to stay in base more for that reason as once someone realizes they are ahead in that timing can branch out.

Its a good thing to know some things about whats going on in the game.... no score really is a 1v1 thing in my opinion.
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

howlingwolfpaw wrote:Hi, I play 98% games in FFA mode on legacy, thousands of games, and maintained 200 player FFA clan.

Personally score missing in FFA will change a lot of meta.

On legacy, there was a pretty nice community of FFA players and most were respectful of big even battles.

Pro players when looking at who to attack will want to find the best matches first and leave neighbors in peace as a buffer, or to not noob bash and give them a chance to catch up while they fight.
If it is totally blind then one really has to secure their neighbors first. And just would be the same strat and more skilled players would basically have to wipe the map first before fighting each other.

It is this dynamic of who and when to attack that I really loved about FFA that added a whole other layer to the strategy.

If being teamed by a camper, its sometimes wise to try to get your even matched opponent to join you to then take that camper out together if that is how they play, logic like if he takes me out after we been fighting you have no chance.... he will just do the same to you.... hey lets take him out first then continue this epic fight....

There will always be an element like that, but learning to defend against multiple lesser skilled players can actually be fun, you already know 1v1 they had no chance. So it can test the civ to its limits.

Diplomacy is really part of it even though I do not want there to be allied diplomacy in the game. I do not think I would even play if I could not chat. (no PM chat though!) Its still pays to be polite to people

no score also really encourages people to camp. Since they can get away with incredible booms, and not knowing what other people are doing, also would cause people to stay in base more for that reason as once someone realizes they are ahead in that timing can branch out.

Its a good thing to know some things about whats going on in the game.... no score really is a 1v1 thing in my opinion.
there is still Jab hosting FFA on tad if you want lol
France ǝɯɐuɹǝsn
Dragoon

Post by ǝɯɐuɹǝsn »

duke mustache wrote:Hope they will bring a FFA mode were the host can select a blind button. Once this blind button selected that would mean
1) people can not talk with anybody (Those current chat ruin the FFA mode with people who need to team to contain a push)
2) the score are blind too, to be sure that a camper don't wait to see someone score down (or stop growing) to push at the good timing

I don't even know why in AOE 3 DE there is not this selecting possibility, By definition the FFA we get are not FFA when people can speak.
This make the FFA more attractive and put way more fun.
so basically you want a ffa mode with rules that suits you lol
France duke mustache
Crossbow

Post by duke mustache »

forget it i was just looking for game where people can not cry to be helped by other players
United States of America Squamiger
Howdah
ESO: Squamiger

Post by Squamiger »

duke mustache wrote:forget it i was just looking for game where people can not cry to be helped by other players
you misunderstand the entire point of FFA if you're salty about people helping eachother and teaming in FFA
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

duke mustache wrote:forget it i was just looking for game where people can not cry to be helped by other players
Here's the thing though, if you take out communication, how can you tell an accidental teamer that you are already in a battle? They won't know until they both are in your base. So it would really encourage random team play and luck of the position etc...

Also, there is discord, and people do and will find it even easier to abuse FFA by having discord conversations, but people would not be able to say "hey these guys are acting as a team, lets get em!"
France duke mustache
Crossbow

Post by duke mustache »

Yeah that's the point by taking out communication, it's impossible to tell anyone that u are already fighting and u have to play by your own only, even if it's to be fought by two player at the same time. From my point of view it's better to play in blind mode so that nobody knows what is happening for the other. Everyone has to make the effort of his own initiative. People would can not farm and play eco only until to fight when other lost eco by continuing battle.

But i agree discord can replace the chat. i didn't think about that. so u made a good point.

Anyway as i said i don't care anymore.. i found the answer by playing ranked game only.
No Flag howlingwolfpaw
Jaeger

Post by howlingwolfpaw »

duke mustache wrote:Yeah that's the point by taking out communication, it's impossible to tell anyone that u are already fighting and u have to play by your own only, even if it's to be fought by two player at the same time. From my point of view it's better to play in blind mode so that nobody knows what is happening for the other. Everyone has to make the effort of his own initiative. People would can not farm and play eco only until to fight when other lost eco by continuing battle.

But i agree discord can replace the chat. i didn't think about that. so u made a good point.

Anyway as i said i don't care anymore.. i found the answer by playing ranked game only.

So many people end up getting teamed inadvertently because they do not know whats going on... that is all that would happen is just a luck thing....

How many times when your in a battle do you ask for someone to respect it?
If you don't know what people are doing doubling up becomes the norm.

People will be able to sit in a corner and play eco only much easier.... no one will notices I have double the score in a sea boom and becoming a threat to them instead of the guy next to them.
Switzerland sebnan12
Jaeger

Post by sebnan12 »

Winning ffas is ez af

NEED MORE XP