Watching GUA go beast mode in the AOE 4 ladder makes me think how easily Kaiser + Hazza would be no.1 there

General forum about Age of Empires 4.
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon
Clan: GMDS

Re: Watching GUA go beast mode in the AOE 4 ladder makes me think how easily Kaiser + Hazza would be no.1 there

Post by LazarosVas »

aaryngend wrote:MarineLorD (SC2) just beat Knusch
How many hours does knusch have on aoe 4? I have never seen him play it
European Union aaryngend
Howdah
Clan: N3O

Re: Watching GUA go beast mode in the AOE 4 ladder makes me think how easily Kaiser + Hazza would be no.1 there

Post by aaryngend »

Forget GUA or anyone else for one second, King Serral is streaming it right now playing against his brother Fuzer!
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

LazarosVas wrote:
#30 1445 KnuschelbƤr 83.33% winrate 15 wins 18 games
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon

Post by LazarosVas »

Kartoffel Joe wrote:
LazarosVas wrote:
#30 1445 KnuschelbƤr 83.33% winrate 15 wins 18 games
He is doing fine, I doubt he has a lot of hours poured in yet though.
Great Britain WickedCossack
Retired Contributor

Post by WickedCossack »

A lot of aoe3 representation in the top 100, makes me want to play! :P I spy so far:

Mitoe
GUA
Knusch
Soldier
Lemmings
Don
Jui
mrCheese (?)
Khorix
H2o
Jeri

I guess the aoe2 pros taking a more longer term approach and working on understanding the game rather than win rate or are they just bad? Then again you have someone like khorix playing a lot who isn't really bothered and tying daut, jordan, hera etc

SC2 topping though
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

I think for the AoE2 players they are mostly slower to pick it up because none of them participated in any betas, nor do they seem to be watching the game much. They are mostly experiencing the game for the first time and not really learning from any sources other than their own games.

They are definitely all more than capable of mastering the game to the same extent as anyone else, and I'm sure we'll see a few of them doing quite well in the future.
France iNcog
Ninja

Post by iNcog »

mRcheese??
YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/incog_aoe
Garja wrote: ā†‘
20 Mar 2020, 21:46
I just hope DE is not going to implement all of the EP changes. Right now it is a big clusterfuck.
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon

Post by LazarosVas »

Mitoe wrote:I think for the AoE2 players they are mostly slower to pick it up because none of them participated in any betas, nor do they seem to be watching the game much. They are mostly experiencing the game for the first time and not really learning from any sources other than their own games.

They are definitely all more than capable of mastering the game to the same extent as anyone else, and I'm sure we'll see a few of them doing quite well in the future.
Yes you are right but I also believe players who are used to a more fast pace RTS are going to do better on average than AOE 2 players who are more used to just Sim City macro'ing instead of doing everything at the same time from a very early timing.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

Personally, I think that is a misconception about AoE2. From what I have played & watched, I think AoE2 has one of the highest skill ceilings of any game; and while the game progression might not be as fast as some others, the amount of APM (especially in later stages of the game) and level of micro/macro you need is extremely high.
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

Mitoe wrote:I think for the AoE2 players they are mostly slower to pick it up because none of them participated in any betas, nor do they seem to be watching the game much. They are mostly experiencing the game for the first time and not really learning from any sources other than their own games.

I thought the Dauts and Vipers of AOE2 were continually consulted and actually play tested the game during development
Australia JKProwler
Dragoon

Post by JKProwler »

I personally think it's whoever can grind the game the most but have the solid foundation of aoe or other rts would rise to the top
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: ķŒ€ ķ•˜ģš°ģŠ¤

Post by n0el »

JKProwler wrote:

I thought the Dauts and Vipers of AOE2 were continually consulted and actually play tested the game during development
There were very little top end AoE2 players super active in the alphas that I played in (~since 2018). Mostly AOE3, AOM, AOEO players.
mad cuz bad
United States of America _H2O
ESOC Business Team
Donator 06
ESO: _H2O

Post by _H2O »

Thatā€™s not my account. Iā€™m _H2O
Germany Joe
Dragoon

Post by Joe »

WickedCossack wrote:A lot of aoe3 representation in the top 100, makes me want to play! :P I spy so far:

Mitoe
GUA
Knusch
Soldier
Lemmings
Don
Jui
mrCheese (?)
Khorix
H2o
Jeri

I guess the aoe2 pros taking a more longer term approach and working on understanding the game rather than win rate or are they just bad? Then again you have someone like khorix playing a lot who isn't really bothered and tying daut, jordan, hera etc

SC2 topping though
there is also minimoult, Conquerer97 in top 100 , snoOPA (#101) , Drongo, april, ciamgyic, GKS in top 200 now and we might see more in the future
Brazil look
Howdah
ESO: LoOk_tOm

Post by look »

Kartoffel Joe wrote:
WickedCossack wrote:A lot of aoe3 representation in the top 100, makes me want to play! :P I spy so far:

Mitoe
GUA
Knusch
Soldier
Lemmings
Don
Jui
mrCheese (?)
Khorix
H2o
Jeri

SC2 topping though
there is also minimoult, Conquerer97 in top 100 , snoOPA (#101) , Drongo, april, ciamgyic, GKS in top 200 now and we might see more in the future
aoe3 > all
Kaiser sucks
Garja Noob
grunt the best
Kickass God
BSOP OP
Georgia Qosashvili93
Dragoon
ESO: Qosashvili93

Post by Qosashvili93 »

Am I only one who wants kaiser in aoe4? šŸ˜…
France flontier
Lancer
Intermediate Division Winner
ESO: Flontier
Clan: PLOP

Post by flontier »

How many people played in the beta ?
Feel like there are a shit ton of players that already knew dozens of build orders and how to play every civ after just some days.
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

There were two betas where pretty much everyone who signed up and had the minimum specs got to play. The first was a closed beta that was announced publicly but we werenā€™t allowed to stream or share our experiences. The second was the stress test which was an open beta with the lifted NDA. I assume the vast majority played in at least one of these betas and a few got to play in additional more secretive betas. Personally I played in that closed beta but not the stress test.

Ah I forgot the content creator week prior to release. I wasnā€™t paying attention then so Iā€™m not sure what the selection process was for that.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

Kinda wish I had an actual comp so I could have started playing the closed betas back then. Now playing it just requires too much time if you wanna get good
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

Kaiserklein wrote:Kinda wish I had an actual comp so I could have started playing the closed betas back then. Now playing it just requires too much time if you wanna get good
I wouldn't say I'm that good but at least reasonable and I only started with the game a few days ago (except for maybe 5 ish hours in that one test weekend 2 months ago or smth). So basically close to starting from scratch, and I feel at least alright in the game. Bridge isn't that hard to cross
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I feel like its mostly getting comfortable with the feel of the game. Also with macro, Im so bad at macro in this game. I start out well than by mid game im just floating so many res.
No Flag uberjz
Dragoon
ESO: WoodPusher

Post by uberjz »

don_artie wrote:
Kaiserklein wrote:Kinda wish I had an actual comp so I could have started playing the closed betas back then. Now playing it just requires too much time if you wanna get good
I wouldn't say I'm that good but at least reasonable and I only started with the game a few days ago (except for maybe 5 ish hours in that one test weekend 2 months ago or smth). So basically close to starting from scratch, and I feel at least alright in the game. Bridge isn't that hard to cross
yeah the game still isn't well explored so you really won't be that far behind. from what i've seen on streams most players don't know what they are doing. shouldn't be that hard to transition, especially since aoe4 is strategically much simpler than aoe3
France Kaiserklein
Pro Player
GameRanger ID: 5529322

Post by Kaiserklein »

don_artie wrote:
By getting good I meant like competing in tourneys. There's that 20k tourney out here and I wouldn't come close to the later rounds unless I invest time in the game that I don't wish to / can't invest
I'm a bit of a dickhead, I won't really enjoy playing the game unless I can start smashing people
LoOk_tOm wrote:I have something in particular against Kaisar (GERMANY NOOB mercenary LAMME FOREVER) And the other people (noobs) like suck kaiser ... just this ..
Greece LazarosVas
Dragoon

Post by LazarosVas »

Kaiserklein wrote:
don_artie wrote:
By getting good I meant like competing in tourneys. There's that 20k tourney out here and I wouldn't come close to the later rounds unless I invest time in the game that I don't wish to / can't invest
I'm a bit of a dickhead, I won't really enjoy playing the game unless I can start smashing people
This mentality seperates the all time greats from just good players, take your time and if you ever try the game and invest into it im sure you will smash people EASY, sad that you cant take that easy money from the tournament but there will for sure be more in the future..