Watching GUA go beast mode in the AOE 4 ladder makes me think how easily Kaiser + Hazza would be no.1 there

General forum about Age of Empires 4.
India rsy
Jaeger
Donator 01

Re: Watching GUA go beast mode in the AOE 4 ladder makes me think how easily Kaiser + Hazza would be no.1 there

Post by rsy »

Also had been wondering how people are still getting to play with 9 control groups, and had no idea you can change the grid keys.
So if you change the qwer grid keys to erty instead you can open up q and w to use as control groups. w for tcs/markets, aszx for military buildings sounds pretty good
No Flag RefluxSemantic
Gendarme

Re: Watching GUA go beast mode in the AOE 4 ladder makes me think how easily Kaiser + Hazza would be no.1 there

Post by RefluxSemantic »

rsy wrote:Yeah I don't think any of our guys are going to compare to the boys that play this game for a living. I wonder how many games Hera has in a week since release. 50 might be a decent bet tbh
Unless one of our guys decides to play this game for a living of course.

But ultimately no amount of raw talent can compensate for the lack of practice.
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

Goodspeed wrote:Honestly grinding this game just seems really boring. Given most of the top 100 are french one tricks it will get repetitive real fast. I'd say stay away until they fix balance but who would I be kidding? There will always be a dominant civ that everyone is laming. AoE3 had the same problem, and it took us a like 5 years to finally reach a semblance of balance. I have no faith in the ability of a balance team who released a game with feudal age hulks, and french just being pretty obviously OP in general.

And of course you have no chance of catching up to any talented players with hundreds of games in the betas.
sucks to suck
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

samwise12 wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Honestly grinding this game just seems really boring. Given most of the top 100 are french one tricks it will get repetitive real fast. I'd say stay away until they fix balance but who would I be kidding? There will always be a dominant civ that everyone is laming. AoE3 had the same problem, and it took us a like 5 years to finally reach a semblance of balance. I have no faith in the ability of a balance team who released a game with feudal age hulks, and french just being pretty obviously OP in general.

And of course you have no chance of catching up to any talented players with hundreds of games in the betas.
sucks to suck
1v1 me. French are banned, unfortunately for you
United States of America n0el
ESOC Business Team
ESO: jezabob
Clan: 팀 하우스

Post by n0el »

I think there are more mongol one tricks in the top 100 than french in my experience.
mad cuz bad
United States of America dicktator_
Howdah
EWT
ESO: Conquerer999

Post by dicktator_ »

I'm struggling tbh. Seemed ok at first but as soon as I started running into top 200 50+ game players I started getting destroyed. I'm 2-5 today atm (maybe just a bad day idk). Macro is really difficult atm when the game gets even slightly intense (especially with hotkey situation), and everyone in the top 200 seems like a god at raiding. It feels really hard to make the things that I want to happen happen and there are points in the game where I am just completely confused with no idea what to do. Need to slow down with the APM spam and think more I guess. My impression of the game has gone up since playing some games, but still overall disappointing compared to what aoe4 could've been.

Btw anyone else having the thing happen where you use the back to work button on the TC but then the vills just stand still at the mine? It's really annoying since every player I fight is capable of raiding well in 2+ cav groups.
steniothejonjoe wrote:I can micro better than 99% of the player base and that's 100% objective
:mds:
Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

I feel that so hard. I'm so bad at mid game macro. Either I randomly end up with 2k gold and nothing else or I'm floating res to go imperial cause I have less than 20 military production facilities. I also feel like I never know what to do midgame and close games fall apart purely because I'm playing poorly.
Canada Mitoe
Advanced Theory Craftsman
ESO: Mitoe
GameRanger ID: 346407

Post by Mitoe »

dicktator_ wrote:Btw anyone else having the thing happen where you use the back to work button on the TC but then the vills just stand still at the mine? It's really annoying since every player I fight is capable of raiding well in 2+ cav groups.
Don't move your vills before issuing the garrison command. The return to work key just sends them back to the last command you gave them, so if you saw the raid, clicked them to run away, AND THEN told them to garrison, they will return to the last place you tried to move them rather than the resources.

I find it's best to just press G on vills and don't bother trying to move command them
Nauru Dolan
Ninja

Post by Dolan »

EAGLEMUT wrote:The first big AoE4 tournament is being hosted by EGCTV/Pesti from the AoE3 community, all 20000$ coming out of his pocket (to my knowledge) and not AoE2 community or even Microsoft.
Da fuk
Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

dicktator_ wrote:I'm struggling tbh. Seemed ok at first but as soon as I started running into top 200 50+ game players I started getting destroyed. I'm 2-5 today atm (maybe just a bad day idk). Macro is really difficult atm when the game gets even slightly intense (especially with hotkey situation), and everyone in the top 200 seems like a god at raiding. It feels really hard to make the things that I want to happen happen and there are points in the game where I am just completely confused with no idea what to do. Need to slow down with the APM spam and think more I guess. My impression of the game has gone up since playing some games, but still overall disappointing compared to what aoe4 could've been.

Btw anyone else having the thing happen where you use the back to work button on the TC but then the vills just stand still at the mine? It's really annoying since every player I fight is capable of raiding well in 2+ cav groups.
Very relateable, macro goes okay for me most of the time but not knowing how to win the fight/what to do etc comes up in the mid/late game a lot for me. I think you're using the biggest part of the content of the game with very limited experience. I've played like 90 games by now but most of them end in age 2, so actually going late is rare and then it's pretty confusing. Probably just takes some time to get familiar/used to. Definitly feels to me like in the med/late game 1 mangonel can turn a fight so whoever wins the springhold fight is in quite a lead. But I dont really know.
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Well, i just lost a won game vs someone who basicly converted my entire army as i was about to kill him, wich then turned in to a sad loss.
Not only this. Apparently he was some screaming german streamer: https://www.twitch.tv/maxim who ofcourse streamed this to 6000 people whilst what i assume was flaming me in german.
Im watching him screaming like a lunatic as he is watching the replay atm.
Seems i will be a meme in this game aswell. Thats always fun.... :)
Dead hunts cant walk....

BrookG - "There is a G in everyone"
Great Britain samwise12
Pro Player
Summer 2015 winner
ESO: Samwise12

Post by samwise12 »

Here's the clip.
https://clips.twitch.tv/AuspiciousRespe ... pf5pEp1q2z

Also.

Victor swe on becoming a meme in aoe4:
5e9.jpg
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Typical....
Dead hunts cant walk....

Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

Lol he actually called you a piece of shit. Nice
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

ha, pretty gimmicky
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Rainbow Land callentournies
Howdah
ESO: esuck

Post by callentournies »

not rly rts mechanic?
If I were a petal
And plucked, or moth, plucked
From flowers or pollen froth
To wither on a young child’s
Display. Fetch
Me a ribbon, they, all dead
Things scream.
Netherlands Goodspeed
Retired Contributor

Post by Goodspeed »

It's especially dumb since targeting things is impossible. But you gotta generate them hype moments somehow
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Goodspeed wrote:Lol he actually called you a piece of shit. Nice
Im pretty sure he called me stupid repeatedly when he was watching The replay. Seems to be a thing that people excpect u to know stuff The first time u see it. Atleast i figured The ring looks dangerous. But was too late.
Brings me back to getting flamed for losing to drongo first time i ever saw USA civ...
Dead hunts cant walk....

Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

OH mein gott vat a nub
Dead hunts cant walk....

Netherlands don_artie
Dragoon
ESO: don artie

Post by don_artie »

I was also learning the game and then drongo casted a game of viper (which was against me) where I just simply lost. Also in front of like 4k viewers that probably think i'm a shitter. but luckily I didn't have some german idiot shout some words, sucks to be you
France Guigs
Tournament Admin
ESO: Guigs

Post by Guigs »

wololo'd
No Flag Djigit
Howdah

Post by Djigit »

ICH WILL UNREAL TOURNAMENT SPIELEEEEEN!!!!
Sweden Victor_swe
Lancer
Donator 01

Post by Victor_swe »

Djigit wrote:ICH WILL UNREAL TOURNAMENT SPIELEEEEEN!!!!
Rofl i was thinking The same :lol:
Dead hunts cant walk....

Tuvalu gibson
Ninja
ECL Reigning Champs

Post by gibson »

Victor_swe wrote:
Goodspeed wrote:Lol he actually called you a piece of shit. Nice
Im pretty sure he called me stupid repeatedly when he was watching The replay. Seems to be a thing that people excpect u to know stuff The first time u see it. Atleast i figured The ring looks dangerous. But was too late.
Brings me back to getting flamed for losing to drongo first time i ever saw USA civ...
I also lost a won game cause I got 30 units converted cause I didn't know what the ring was :(